• 3 months later...

Shocked when I heard that. I was liking her in the role and IMO the show was getting better compared to the premier. Currently, I think it is one of the better put-together CW shows. I usually have less 'what the?' when the credits start to role.

A fellow poster on SuperHeroHype suggested that Rachel Skarsten take over the starring role, playing both Rose and Alice as the actual twins they were in the comic. But, the production team is once more pushing for another LGBT actress, so probably no. Shame because I think she could do it.

Be interesting to see where they go from here and how much is changed when they get the new lead. I would hope they would change Gotham to a grittier look, something similar to how the Titans portrayed the city. They should also get her the Batmobile, a slightly better costume, play the theme music on something other than a synthesizer  - and maybe get rid of Sophie...:spiteful: 

5 hours ago, azrael said:

Deadline is reporting the rough shooting schedule might be the reason.

Could have been she wanted more money given to cover hazard pay seeing as she injured herself on-set this season.

Could be pay, or maybe the rough schedule coupled with the injury. At the time she was having trouble feeling her arms and there was the possibility of facial paralysis, and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone got a little shy about all the stunts if that could happen again.

6 hours ago, Thom said:

Could be pay, or maybe the rough schedule coupled with the injury. At the time she was having trouble feeling her arms and there was the possibility of facial paralysis, and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone got a little shy about all the stunts if that could happen again.

TV Line is reporting a similar story; rough shooting schedule was a major factor. Long (and likely late) shooting hours of TV show while working out of Vancouver. The report says the injury wasn't a factor, but I would say the rigors of shooting a TV show do not lend time to recover from the injury making her more unhappy. Most network shows film for 8 months out of the year so there isn't much recovery time in there. It's not like sports where if you are injured, you are out for a whole season. They can't "substitute" an actor for a season.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:13 PM, azrael said:

TV Line is reporting a similar story; rough shooting schedule was a major factor. Long (and likely late) shooting hours of TV show while working out of Vancouver. The report says the injury wasn't a factor, but I would say the rigors of shooting a TV show do not lend time to recover from the injury making her more unhappy. Most network shows film for 8 months out of the year so there isn't much recovery time in there. It's not like sports where if you are injured, you are out for a whole season. They can't "substitute" an actor for a season.

Actually, that reminds me of Xena. Lucy Lawless was injured during a horse stunt and couldn't do almost an entire season. They ended up 'transferring' her spirit into one of her main enemies, Callisto. It actually worked out pretty good, as the actress was great as both the insane baddie and the heroic Xena.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I finally caught Superman too and I liked it, I thought it'd be more cringe with the two sons but it's not too bad. 

At this point I've gotta wonder how much longer the Arrow-verse has? Flash can't last much longer, Supergirl is done, Legends is probably on it's last season, Black Lightning is ending, and I can't imagine Batwoman is going to last. We'll never see a crossover like Crisis again, a chunk of those characters are gone, Superman and Batwoman aren't a great pairing, CW had to cancel the Supergirl-Batwoman crossover. Batwoman got gutted when Ruby left, they clearly wanted to do a whole season with Hush, and of course, the above mentioned Supergirl crossover. That terrible back door pilot for Canaries flopped, outside bringing previous heros back just for crossovers, the Arrow-verse is shrinking.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah I finally caught Superman too and I liked it, I thought it'd be more cringe with the two sons but it's not too bad. 

At this point I've gotta wonder how much longer the Arrow-verse has? Flash can't last much longer, Supergirl is done, Legends is probably on it's last season, Black Lightning is ending, and I can't imagine Batwoman is going to last. We'll never see a crossover like Crisis again, a chunk of those characters are gone, Superman and Batwoman aren't a great pairing, CW had to cancel the Supergirl-Batwoman crossover. Batwoman got gutted when Ruby left, they clearly wanted to do a whole season with Hush, and of course, the above mentioned Supergirl crossover. That terrible back door pilot for Canaries flopped, outside bringing previous heros back just for crossovers, the Arrow-verse is shrinking.

Ugh, so right on so many points! The worse of those for me was Batwoman. I really liked the first season and was hoping for only better - until RR crapped out! Now I couldn't even finish the second episode of season 2.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...