On 12/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, eXis10z said:

Thought it was kinda disappointing compared to last year's. Perhaps it was meant as a build up to next year's crisis event.

Expected more scenes from 90's flash but all he did was to warn via wormhole ala bvs flash scene and then tease us that John diggle is the green lantern on other earth. 

Spoiler

Yeah, it didn't have anywhere near enough of Flash90. I would have preferred, if they were going to get rid of him so quickly, that he had taken part in the speed run around the world and perhaps he died then. As it is, I'm assuming Monitor sent him back to Earth 90, which was destroyed... But who knows, the Powers That Be might forget that and bring him back for a later story line.

I do think they did the wormhole Flash scene better here than in BvS. And now when are they bringing in Green Lantern Diggle!

55 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

A curious teaser of Doom Patrol

A fairly old thread, but if anything that should maybe go here.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45523-teen-titans-tv-series/?tab=comments#comment-1392503

Doom Patrol is DC Universe, not CW-DC, they are a spin-off from the super gritty and dark Titans series on DC Universe streaming service.

• 2 months later...

He's battled a lot of baddies and won a lot of fights, but clearly they've been sending him down a path where he ultimately fails his city, to judge by the flash forwards. I kept hoping there was going to be a time-travel story-line to fix it, but apparently they're going forward with a once-again failed Star City, and I don't have enough interest in it to watch along.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

She's a lesbian? I thought one of the perpetual Batman things was her major Unresolved Sexual Tension with Bruce before and/or after becoming Oracle?

That was definitely an element, once upon a time..welcome to the new school <_<

“protector of Gotham”?? So this while Bruce is out having a midlife wealth crisis?

Okay..we shall see.. 

This Kate Kane is a version of the newer Batwoman who was introduced with the New 52 books in 2006. The earliest version of the character was Kathy Kane, who was created to be a love interest for Bruce Wayne in 1956. And to counter the rumors that Bruce and Robin were gay lovers...:spiteful:

Kate Kane in the New 52 is a cousin to Bruce, whose family is as rich and as influential as the Waynes.

I don't know yet how much they are keeping from the comics and bringing to TV. They do have an Alice, who is going to be her main antagonist, but I don't know whether they will still be sisters. In the comics, Kate and Beth (whose alter-ego is named Alice) are twins, but they have Rachel Skarsten playing Alice. I hope there is still a familial relationship there. And in the comics, her enemies are bit more paranormal than Batman's.

When I heard they were doing Batwoman I was really excited, and after seeing her in the last crossover I have to say that I still am. Ruby Rose, in the few scenes she was in, really fit the image and actions of the character, so on casting grounds, I am happy. Have yet to see if the directing and writing will live up to the hype. Despite liking Supergirl and the Flash, I'm hoping the feel of the show is more in-line with Black Lightning.

From what's been told, she's on Earth 1, and Batman has been missing for three years, leaving Gotham to fall back into crime and poverty. Don't know yet if he is dead or injured, or just retired like Bale's Batman from TDKR, and I doubt we'll find out any time soon, as they don't have the rights to actually use the name Batman...

Edited by Thom

5 hours ago, Thom said:

Kate Kane in the New 52 is a cousin to Bruce, whose family is as rich and as influential as the Waynes..

I hope they explore the familial ties of Gotham. In the just-pre-New 52-iteration (and post), Gotham's big families were the Waynes, Kanes, Cobblepots, and Elliots. I don't think they'll explore that but they should definitely open that thread.

When I heard they were doing Batwoman I was really excited, and after seeing her in the last crossover I have to say that I still am. Ruby Rose, in the few scenes she was in, really fit the image and actions of the character, so on casting grounds, I am happy. Have yet to see if the directing and writing will live up to the hype. Despite liking Supergirl and the Flash, I'm hoping the feel of the show is more in-line with Black Lightning.

Batwoman is basically replacing Arrow. And since it's Gotham, it shouldn't be a happy place.

I doubt we'll find out any time soon, as they don't have the rights to actually use the name Batman..

Oh, they can mention Batman and Bruce Wayne all they want. The just can't show him on-screen. The name-drop in Arrow Season 6 and then in the Elseworlds-crossover proved that.

• 2 months later...

Question: Which of the two recent Supermans (Superman Returns, Man of Steel) is better? I'd choose the former if locked in a room and forced to watch one in its entirety before I'd be let out, but having not seen all of either, I couldn't say for sure.

Man of steel. Many have derided the final battle scene but if 2 god like beings really fought, the level of destruction will be just that or more. I regularly run that movie in the background while I carry on with my stuff. 1 of the better superheroes movies for me.

I think it's awesome and I'm sure somewhere there will be a Palmer/Kent moment in there either by Routh on script or by the other characters. Now the reality of it...I haven't been excited much at all by the crossovers in recent years. Like last year we were shown tons of photos of Shipp dawning the red suit again for Flash and what happened? 2 minutes at best of screen time? It was fairly disappointing. The year before that was fairly decent, alternate nazi evil versions of all the characters from Earth X, it was fun for sure. Before that was the Invasion which I felt was a mess.

So this potentially being the final crossover of the CWverse has gotten me sort of sad and sort of excited to see what's going to happen and all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best as this also counts as one of the final episodes of Arrow which got me all into this franchise.

Has there been an announcement that this may be the last..?

18 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Question: Which of the two recent Supermans (Superman Returns, Man of Steel) is better? I'd choose the former if locked in a room and forced to watch one in its entirety before I'd be let out, but having not seen all of either, I couldn't say for sure.

Superman Returns. I know MoS has a lot of flash/bang going on, but I feel there was more 'heart' put into SR. That is despite that Routh had too few lines that weren't echoes of Superman the Movie. Plus, I liked where its story was going better than Snyder's, in that it was an actual continuation rather than yet another reboot and built on the previous movies (excepting Superman III...) 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:54 PM, kajnrig said:

I think Cavill could play a fantastic Superman if he had a better movie to be in, Man of Steel's failings weren't on him IMO, that was just a crappy Superman film that he got stuck in, we saw shades of a great Supes at the end of Justice League. Superman Returns was also a crappy Superman film with a great leading man, Kevin Rapey was okay as Lex, if pushed, I'd say Superman Returns > Man of Steel. But once again, both were crappy with wasted potential, so it's a bit of a lose-lose.

13 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Like last year we were shown tons of photos of Shipp dawning the red suit again for Flash and what happened? 2 minutes at best of screen time? It was fairly disappointing. The year before that was fairly decent, alternate nazi evil versions of all the characters from Earth X, it was fun for sure. Before that was the Invasion which I felt was a mess. 

Yeah the Shipp bait and switch sucked, I expected he would be a major player, not a cameo. Agreed on Invasion, a little fun, but bloated overall, and the Nazi crossover was fun, but there was NEVER going to be enough bad guys for the heroes, it was a handful of big baddies, and lots of cannon fodder Nazi soldiers, we didn't even get an evil Nazi Superman. And I love the Emerald Archer but C'mon, he's a human that's good with a bow, HE was the leader of the evil Nazi universe?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/robin-actor-burt-ward-feature-crisis-infinite-earths/

I'm excited for this year's crossover, it's shaping up nicely, looks like Burt Ward will play an older Robin too. Not to be mean, but he's a bit thick these days, so I doubt we'll see him suit up, but a cool addition nonetheless.

I'm interested in seeing how Arrow ends, the show that started it all. When the first season was on, I NEVER imagined we'd be here now, a massive connected DC-CW universe that's quite popular and has no signs of slowing down, complete with meta-humans and powers, aliens, time travel, and all the other nonsense you'd expect from comic book stories. There have been ups and downs for sure, but I'm grateful for the years of entertainment overall.

• 2 weeks later...

YES. DCAU Batman Beyond homage!

Also, Black Lightning characters have been confirmed to appear in CoIE.

Meanwhile, the rumor mill is now claiming that Mark Hamill will show up as the Joker. Various other rumors have also been floating around that (a) Barry Allen will show up as a Blue Lantern. And that Tom Welling and Lynda Carter will be returning too.

• 1 month later...