I'm wondering does anyone else watch this? I've been an avid comic fan for years and years, the Emerald Archer has always had a soft spot in my heart, I was a bit worried when this was initially announced, it gave me vibes that it could end up being as god-awful The Cape, I just didn't think a mainstream DC character could translate well to weekly television. Obviously we're in season 2 now and literally all my fears drowned away early on in season 1, season 2 has been downright phenomenal. Last weeks episode was obviously titled "Suicide Squad", which if you're familiar with DC, may sound familiar to you, along with a BIG cameo/easter egg appearance from one Clown Prince of crime's girlfriend, another well established member of the Suicide Squad. I believe Arrow has been doing a consistent job at adapting some big DC characters to the silver screen, this second season has been revealing more and more characters that are hinting at a much larger connected world, lots of different story threads going that I am familiar with, and yet I can't wait to actually see play out on TV.

Arrow has been doing so well they even got to introduce Barry Allen, aka The Flash recently, who is now getting his own pilot and series that is set to air back to back with Arrow, making a two hour block of weekly DC goodnes.

flash-what-to-expect-in-the-flash.jpeg?w

I haven't watched enough of Arrow to keep myself current, but I have read other good reviews and keep meaning to revisit the show. The Flash would definitely draw me back to the CW. I used to watch the 1990s show with John Wesley and Amanda Pays. The goofy outfits and the series cancellation were unfortunate, although I always thought that those involved did a good job wrapping up the story. Since the CW seems to know what it is doing with DC characters, It will be interesting to see how well this Flash fares.

Oh hell yeah man, I watch Arrow every week when its on. Its the BEST live action hero show ever made I cant get enough. It satisfys my DC fandom with its little easter eggs and cameos and big name drops. the action is amazing.

Latest ep with the Suicide Squad was badass the Harely cameo was perfect, and Slade is effin boss. So good,I'm gettin pumped for the next ep.

Edited by Vepariga

Pfft. Arrow. Abs.

2010-07-11.jpg

Black Canary's hot.

Oh hell yeah man, I watch Arrow every week when its on. Its the BEST live action hero show ever made I cant get enough. It satisfys my DC fandom with its little easter eggs and cameos and big name drops. the action is amazing.

Latest ep with the Suicide Squad was badass the Harely cameo was perfect, and Slade is effin boss. So good,I'm gettin pumped for the next ep.

Skinny Waller is still weird.

They even got Tara Strong to do the easter egg voice-over. I've been watching the show since it started and I'm liking what they're doing.

As for Flash, when it premieres in the Fall, we'll see. I liked Grant Gustin's start for Barry Allen. The costume? Not enough gold in my opinion but otherwise perfect. If the show does well, then they can start evolving the costume like they did in Arrow.

I haven't watched enough of Arrow to keep myself current, but I have read other good reviews and keep meaning to revisit the show. The Flash would definitely draw me back to the CW. I used to watch the 1990s show with John Wesley and Amanda Pays. The goofy outfits and the series cancellation were unfortunate, although I always thought that those involved did a good job wrapping up the story. Since the CW seems to know what it is doing with DC characters, It will be interesting to see how well this Flash fares.

John Wesley is actually cast in CW's The Flash, but nobody knows to what capacity his role will be. Myself and many other fans are speculating that it is going to be a sort of easter egg that plays into the shows mythos. It's possible Wesley was the original Flash (like he was in real life), the first human to tap into the Speed Force, possibly even a former member of the Justice Society of America, leaving room for Ollie, Barry, the Dark Knight, etc. to eventually create their own little team of super heroes. With the reveal that Harley Quinn is alive and well in Arrow's universe means a lot of things, the domino effect of comic book characters, if there's Harley there's Joker, if there's Joker then there's Batman, there's a ton of interesting possibilities for the shows future.

Edited by Tking22

I caught 2 episodes online and I now have a new show to follow, thanks guys!

The easter eggs are cool. Canary even referenced the bar she used to work at. Why is Dinah the mother? I thought Dinah was always black canary.

Canary even referenced the bar she used to work at. Why is Dinah the mother? I thought Dinah was always black canary.

The original Black Canary character was named "Dinah Drake". She eventually married and took her husband's name, "Dinah Drake Lance". She had a daughter and her name was "Dinah Laurel Lance". Now, from the pilot episode of the show, we know that Laurel's full name is "Dinah Laurel Lance". Why she uses her middle name as opposed to her full name hasn't been said, but when you have 2 Dinahs in the house, it probably won't be hard to know why. Why is Sara Lance dressed as Black Canary? Keep watching. That's one of the things about this show that I like. It's continually evolving and not dropping things but slowing moving forward. Some examples (spoiler'd if you haven't been watching)

-Slade Wilson and Deathstroke were introduced in S1, but it wasn't Slade Wilson in the Deathstroke mask, but his partner Wintergreen, who is also character from the comics known to worked with Deathstroke. It wasn't until S2 that Slade finally shows up as Deathstroke.

-Roy Harper started in S1 and is working his way to becoming Ollie's partner. Which persona he will take, Red Arrow, Arsenal, or Speedy, is something we are waiting for and it will probably come by the end of the season.

-Ollie started out without the domino mask but they finally included it in this season and they made a point of addressing that in the show, which was nice.

There was a rumor floating around a while back that CW was casting for Dick Grayson/Nightwing, which is very interesting. With the big teaser from last week it's pretty evident that Batman is indeed out there, and probably more experienced then Ollie. Dick Grayson could be past his Robin days depending on how long Batman's been operating, I would think it's more than coincidence that they reveal a pretty big and popular Bat-foe without setting up the possible introduction of an actual Bat-Family member. In case anyone cares, CW gave Girls co-star Adam Driver and Vampire Diaries Steven McQueen a chance at the role.

adamdriver.jpg

BYph5peIIAAMxfO.jpg
Edited by Tking22

do I see a nightwing shirt there? lol

The actor Tweeted that to a group of people after the Nightwing rumors started popping up, he said it was Nightwing training, it could be poking fun at rumors, or he could be the former Boy Wonder.

So I gotta ask, what did everyone think of this weeks episode? We got some hot bird on bird action OH SNAP, but yeah, I still don't entirely like the Huntress, or her actress. Her first appearance was a bit rough, so I definitely thought for sure she' get a better run this time, but I still didn't really like her. Her costume looked better, but Huntress herself was very wooden and one-note, it feels like she is still trapped in some of season ones cheesiness. But every character can't be perfect right, I mean no show can be perfect. Big thing for me, and I mean I got giddy like a school-girl from this, Arrow f*%!@ called Roy Speedy, my guess, after some horrible events involving Ollie's sister, the name Speedy won't sound quite as ridiculous to Roy.

My wife and I are big fans of the show, and she isn't even a comic book TV/film fan. I'm a comic book fan and collector, but I was never really into Green Arrow as a kid -- mostly because he just seemed like a goofy mash-up of Robin Hood and Batman. But this version has definitely made me more interested in the character. I recently picked up and read a copy of The Longbow Hunters by Mike Grell (whose work on Green Arrow was supposed to have influenced the creators of Arrow) and thought it was great. I've heard good things about Jeff Lemire's current run in the New 52, so I might check those out as well.

The only criticism of the show I would have is that there's a lot of pretty obvious parallels to Batman in general, and to the Nolan Batman movies in particular. And not just the gritty and realistic feel of the show, but right down to plot elements and characters. But that said, even in being unoriginal it's still executed so well that I can forgive this. Although I think it does speak to the shadow that Batman casts over DC that whether or not one of the Bat-verse characters appears attracts such speculation from fans. Even back during Smallville's run, one of the biggest topics of fan speculation was whether we'd see a young Bruce Wayne on the show.

My wife and I are big fans of the show, and she isn't even a comic book TV/film fan. I'm a comic book fan and collector, but I was never really into Green Arrow as a kid -- mostly because he just seemed like a goofy mash-up of Robin Hood and Batman. But this version has definitely made me more interested in the character. I recently picked up and read a copy of The Longbow Hunters by Mike Grell (whose work on Green Arrow was supposed to have influenced the creators of Arrow) and thought it was great. I've heard good things about Jeff Lemire's current run in the New 52, so I might check those out as well.

The only criticism of the show I would have is that there's a lot of pretty obvious parallels to Batman in general, and to the Nolan Batman movies in particular. And not just the gritty and realistic feel of the show, but right down to plot elements and characters. But that said, even in being unoriginal it's still executed so well that I can forgive this. Although I think it does speak to the shadow that Batman casts over DC that whether or not one of the Bat-verse characters appears attracts such speculation from fans. Even back during Smallville's run, one of the biggest topics of fan speculation was whether we'd see a young Bruce Wayne on the show.

I'd highly recommend getting into the Emerald Archers New 52 series. New 52 kind of screwed up some characters, and downright ruined some, but I think GA, Aquaman, and pretty much anything having to do with the Bat-Family is all pretty damn good stuff, I personally think Aquaman is the best, most successful New 52 re-launch.

I'd highly recommend getting into the Emerald Archers New 52 series. New 52 kind of screwed up some characters, and downright ruined some, but I think GA, Aquaman, and pretty much anything having to do with the Bat-Family is all pretty damn good stuff, I personally think Aquaman is the best, most successful New 52 re-launch.

Yeah, I missed the single issues when Jeff Lemire started, so I'll probably pick up the trades. I think the first trade just came out in fact.

I'm currently reading Snyder's Batman, Pak's Action Comics, and Superman/Wonder Woman. I've been getting Batman since issue #1, and jumped on Action when Pak took over. Really enjoying Pak's take on Superman, I think of all the New 52 writers to have written Supes, Pak is getting it right. And Charles Soule, who is writing Superman/Wonder Woman has been impressive -- he's writing something like 8 different ongoing monthly titles, and of the two I'm reading (Superman/WW and She-Hulk over at Marvel) have been pretty entertaining.

There was a rumor floating around a while back that CW was casting for Dick Grayson/Nightwing, which is very interesting. With the big teaser from last week it's pretty evident that Batman is indeed out there, and probably more experienced then Ollie. Dick Grayson could be past his Robin days depending on how long Batman's been operating, I would think it's more than coincidence that they reveal a pretty big and popular Bat-foe without setting up the possible introduction of an actual Bat-Family member. In case anyone cares, CW gave Girls co-star Adam Driver and Vampire Diaries Steven McQueen a chance at the role.

adamdriver.jpg

BYph5peIIAAMxfO.jpg

I think you're reading too much into the Harley cameo. It was just an Easter Egg because of Harley's involvement with the Suicide Squad. Yeah Nightwing was rumored or even teased but I think Dick still falls in that off limits area because of WB Movie Division..Didn't Deadshot & Bronze Tiger start out as Batman villains? Do they prove Batman exists in Arrow's world?

http://instagram.com/p/mJRNHXPXhs/#

Edited by terry the lone wolf

I think Snyders Batman and Wonder woman have been the two best DC books. Charles Soul's superman/WW has been an entertaining read as well.

Ditto on Aquaman. John's knows how to relaunch characters.

Missed this weeks episode but I'll watch it online. I wonder if we'll see Jade,or Katana

Just saw this week's episode on Hulu. Holy cow, they really brought it. Can't wait to see what the season's end brings.

As much as I'm loving Slade as the villain for season 2, I'm not really digging his Deathstroke costume... a little too much going on there, what with all the pouches, harnesses, and holsters. I'm having major flashbacks to Liefeld-esque 90s comic book art. I also have a hard time with his motivations for wanting to destroy Oliver. Look, I get that he was into Shado, but he only admired her from afar and Oliver was the one who actually had the romantic relationship w/her. It just doesn't feel authentic that he would have such a grudge over it. Maybe you could chalk it up to the Mirakuru messing with his head and making it out more than it was, I guess. I dunno, it's just the one aspect of the plot that doesn't quite work for me.

I'd also like to officially nominate Oliver Queen for the Matt Murdock Award for Worst-Kept Secret Identity.

Maybe you could chalk it up to the Mirakuru messing with his head and making it out more than it was, I guess. I dunno, it's just the one aspect of the plot that doesn't quite work for me.

The fact that he's got a head-Shado whispering in his ear should probably tell you how much the serum is messed him up.

I'd also like to officially nominate Oliver Queen for the Matt Murdock Award for Worst-Kept Secret Identity.

And the producers are well aware of this fact. I've read a few interviews where this has been addressed. So they know.

The fact that he's got a head-Shado whispering in his ear should probably tell you how much the serum is messed him up.

Perhaps... but I also wasn't a big fan of how they introduced the Slade-loves-Shado element either. It just didn't seem to work with his character as established at the time. Up until that one scene where we see Slade doing the voyeuristic-watching-Shado-and-Ollie-making-out thing, they were portraying him as this hardened, no-nonsense, special forces military guy. Then all of a sudden he becomes this sentimental, John Hughes-esque, third-wheel best friend who crushes on his female friend. I think it would have worked better if they made him a bit "off" already, and his crush on Shado was more of a weird, stalker/psycho creepy thing that gets amplified by the mirakuru.

The other thing was that it reminded me a lot of how the writers of Smallville decided to ultimately turn Clark and Lex into enemies. We all knew that they had to end up as enemies, just like we all know Deathstroke and Arrow have to end up as enemies. But making them hate each over a woman just seemed a bit cliched.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn good episode tonight, and no one week hiatus for the next episode! A lot happened, and got mentioned, Bloodhaven is out there, Slade doesn't give a f#%@, Star Labs, and we all know Solomon Grundy is going to show up some point. Arrow continues to entertain, I'm interested in seeing how things go for Roy, will he become Speedy, Red Arrow, Arsenal, or something else?

Damn good episode tonight, and no one week hiatus for the next episode! A lot happened, and got mentioned, Bloodhaven is out there, Slade doesn't give a f#%@, Star Labs, and we all know Solomon Grundy is going to show up some point. Arrow continues to entertain, I'm interested in seeing how things go for Roy, will he become Speedy, Red Arrow, Arsenal, or something else?

Are they going to give

Roy the cure to the merukuru

I just started watching from season 1 and I think it's pretty awesome. I've never read the comics and all the mythos I know about him comes from watching Justice League and Smallville lol. I just finished the Royal Flush gang episode and realized half way who they were supposed to be.

lol Yeah, Royal Flush gang is very different than what we've seen in things like Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond, all that stuff. Very different.

I mean I just finished Arkham Origins and laughed my ass off at the end where Death Stroke is introduced into the Suicide Squad.

I do agree, Oliver Queen, worst kept secret identity of any super hero.