Master File: VF-1 Squadrons

I made this little thread so that anyone has picked this book up can post thoughts, impressions and translations.

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, the Macross had Carrier Air Wing 9 (CVW-9) assigned to it from the beginning. Carrier Air Wing 1 (CVW-1), which included Skull Squadron was assigned to the Prometheus. CVW-9 included SVF-48, 38, 6, 22, 13, 44 and 32. CVW-1 included SVF-1, 2, 20, 63, 28, 68 and 37.

SVF-48 are the Blue Hawks and have Valkyries painted in blue and white. I also like SVF-44's insignia, a pair of crossed gunpods over the UN Spacy kite.

Still waiting on mine... it's in customs.

Thus far, I'm most interested in the VF-1L and the alternate FAST pack configurations.

The FAST Pack configurations are... weird, to say the least. Who knew you could attach boosters to the wings' hard points?

Macross the First weird....or not that weird?

Eh, pretty tame. Sort of reminds me of the VF-25 super pack configuration.

Two additional FAST packs in additional to the normal dorsal packs mounted on the inner wing hardpoint, one variant swaps out the extra missile modules for additional fuel tanks.

Depends... slapping Destroid parts on the Valks' backs is pretty weird... but some of the variants here leave one wondering, "Wait... how can it transform...?"

Huh... not the first time we've seen something like that done tho, is it? Didn't the Macross Model Hobby Handbook have some VF-1 hardware that was kitbashed out of Destroid bits?

Huh... not the first time we've seen something like that done tho, is it? Didn't the Macross Model Hobby Handbook have some VF-1 hardware that was kitbashed out of Destroid bits?

I'd need to check the book out again...I do recall lots of weaponry swapping among the destroids...but don't remember if they used destroid weapons on the valks.....

But, yeah...not entirely a new concept I guess....Macross the First just took it further into the WTF area! ^_^

VFs holding Destroid guns as hand held weapons

YTgdx25.jpg

Armored VF with gunclusters replacing the chest missile packs

FZpxNak.jpg

There was another picture of a VF that has a Tomahawk 6 shot missile box mounted on the right forearm, along with the shoulder missiles from a VF Armored and modified leg FAST packs that have rocket thrusters.

U0nQ6Mo.png

Edited by Andras

VFs holding Destroid guns as hand held weapons

YTgdx25.jpg

Armored VF with gunclusters replacing the chest missile packs

FZpxNak.jpg

There was another picture of a VF that has a Tomahawk 6 shot missile box mounted on the right forearm, along with the shoulder missiles from a VF Armored and modified leg FAST packs that have rocket thrusters.

U0nQ6Mo.png

Well, there you go........is nothing original anymore? ;)

Thanks Andras! I knew they'd done that before.

My copy of the Squadrons Master File rolled in today... after a quick skim, I think I'm going to have fun with this. :D