1/350 Scale thread... Mospeada, Southern Cross and more!

EXO

...1/48s will be engineered for ball joints.

1/48 Hovertank WILL be transformable and casted in color... will include figure and hopefully a hoverbike....

You, sir, have my undivided attention...

post-664-0-30628800-1399338584_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

Those are some great finds! That hovertank page has more info than I've ever seen!

Still gotta do something about the proportions and the head...

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm going to watch southern cross part of robotech. never saw it though i owned the whole set for years. i gotta check out the hovertanks

Edited by davidwhangchoi

One thing I really like about the Robotech version is how they didn't downplay or chickify Dana Sterling. Yeah, she's a bit of a brat and annoying, but she's also tough as nails on the battlefield and never the damsel in distress. Quite progressive for an early 80s cartoon.

Is that mock-up for a 1/350 version or a 1/48 scale?

What scares me is that 1/32 boiroids will be expensive to make also. I at least have to have one red one in the same scale. I'll really push for 1/48.

BTW, I'm starting a mailing list. Too many people asking to keep up with in PMs. PM me your email address and what scale or project you're interested in. Thanks!

In all case, i better like at 1/48.
Once again it's important for matching with our collection.

I agree... I'll really try.

Guest davidwhangchoi

What scares me is that 1/32 boiroids will be expensive to make also. I at least have to have one red one in the same scale. I'll really push for 1/48.

BTW, I'm starting a mailing list. Too many people asking to keep up with in PMs. PM me your email address and what scale or project you're interested in. Thanks!

I agree... I'll really try.

what will be the estimated price point difference between scales. is it around/under 100 dollars?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

whatever scale, i'm in... i was watching the show and looking at the feet, it looks so complex... i don't know how you got that down.

1/60 would likely suffer from the same limitations as 1/72: single mode model(s), or parts-former at best; even 1/48 is pushing things a bit for a full, no parts swapping, 3-mode transformation kit given the small size of the HT. That being said, 1/60 would still be nice, if for no other reason than to be in scale with the majority of Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai YF-VF and Destroid toys, and the old Takatoku 1/60 Orguss stuff.

For a larger scale, I'm somewhat against 1/32 and would prefer 1/35 as that is an established armor scale that also happens to have plenty of other Anime hardware represented too.

Guest davidwhangchoi

While transforming would be epic....I'd be ok with models of each mode...maybe that would be easier/more cost effective? Just a thought.

i think it would be epic :wub::wub::wub:

but i'll just support what everyone wants... i think if it's 1/48 and complete transformation similar to the compromise yamato made for the vf-1, i'll be extremely happy!!! but whatever happens it's exciting.

for some reason i'm looking forward to this hovertank more than the bandai pre-order nonsense going on.