1/350 Scale thread... Mospeada, Southern Cross and more!

EXO

The scale on these things are kinda arbitrary anyway. There's a 2cm difference in height when it comes to robot mode in 1/48 and 1/60 and the length of it in Hovercraft mode will depend on that. The reason I chose robot mode is because of the height of the bioroid. But it will be comparable to the way Toynami says that it's Alpha 1/55 and Aoshima says it's 1/48 even though it's the same toy. What I can do is provide the pilot as a 3D print out in different scale and you can call it what ever scale you want.

Just as the 1/48 Zentraedi I have planned. I'm actually going to pose it next to my 1/60 valkyries so they can stand toe to toe just like the cartoons.

I'm turning the screw on that wallet MT!

While transforming would be epic....I'd be ok with models of each mode...maybe that would be easier/more cost effective? Just a thought.

For the 1/72 scale model the most cost effective and least work for me as far as prepping the kit once it's printed is having all the parts separated to be built in any mode the builder chooses. That would avoid people having to pay for 3 models when they only want one or two. If it was different parts for each mode then I'd have to sell it all as one set so I won't have a bunch "guardian mode" parts left over. Basically it's a waste of rubber material, resin, 3D grown parts and time to smooth those parts down and a huge waste of money for the people that want the kit. It's basically the same thing for everyone wanting the transforming version in different scales. Doing all that work for 2cm of a difference would double the cost of each model. It's easy for people to say they want it, but it's a real eye opener when they see the price tag. Those people usually slink back into the woodwork whispering "nevermind!" Let me just say this now... a transforming, color casted kit of a 30 yr old mech that not enough people want isn't going to be cheap. I'm basically making it for myself that's why it's getting made. It'd be ideal to get 30 but we'd be lucky to get 10. :(

whatever scale, i'm in... i was watching the show and looking at the feet, it looks so complex... i don't know how you got that down.

watching the show frame by frame... haven't done that since Two Moon Junction in the 80s... :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

What about 1/18 scale :lol:

Tapered in the inner calves. Too much kibble and I predict it'll be trouble for hovertank mode. I also have to give it flatter fatter feet.

attachicon.gifWD_0159 (Medium).jpeg

attachicon.gifbig front (Medium).PNG

the legs look awesome. is the chest narrow? i have to watch more tv tonight. i guess all the poses have the shoulder blades and chest on an angle.

fcaddb6e6cba4912.jpg

actually, i just saw this hmmm....

image005.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yup. I took the ideal anime look for the robot mode. But then I realized that the arms sink into the body itself. I might have to widen the torso for the other versions. Also from the lineart you posted I'm not really sure that a cannon that size can fit into that armor connected to the arm and still have the sliding mechanisms. We'll find out!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Those are great links - lotta good content.

I started this hovertank drawing approx a million years ago and never did anything with it . . .

attachicon.gif1d073313ed76bf8d.jpg

during the MW outage, i kept thinking of this photo and caption. cracks me up everytime.

OMG, how did I miss this topic until now?

Is there any chance that the raw data can be shared so as to allow us to contact 3D Printing outfits like Shapeways to make our own 1/285th scale minis? You would not actually be casting them yourselves, thus avoiding running afoul of Palladium/ND/HG. Of course, you would be doing the legwork of the CAD modeling.....

Anyway, if I might make a suggestion, the Type III Commander Bioroid would be another option (as pictured here by Christian Kaw).

post-646-0-09495200-1400362339_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

sheldo is looking clean. excited to see the progress from the 3d drawings to the actual build process.

Is there any chance that the raw data can be shared so as to allow us to contact 3D Printing outfits like Shapeways to make our own 1/285th scale minis? You would not actually be casting them yourselves, thus avoiding running afoul of Palladium/ND/HG. Of course, you would be doing the legwork of the CAD modeling.....

This will be the last time I will answer this question and will no longer reply to the 1/285th scale question.

HELL NO! :angry: If anyone feels like this is an inadequate response please see page 4 regarding 1/285th scale. :5:

It might seem trivial, but it gives a sense of relative scale. Even something more generic like a biro, Coke can or CD case... :)

16.5" (42 cm) is about the size of an extra large pizza or a car hubcap. :blink:

It might seem trivial, but it gives a sense of relative scale. Even something more generic like a biro, Coke can or CD case... :)

16.5" (42 cm) is about the size of an extra large pizza or a car hubcap. :blink:

I understand the reasoning behind that. I'll see what I can do. (i dont own any toys so ... :( )

Those are TOTALLY AWESOME and without any clear "steps" in them! Now I'm getting excited for this project!

I thought the "Bioroids" (still sounds too much like hemeroids) were so cool, back in the day I converted one of the Takara "Robotech" kits into one of these - not that accurate, but just like "Close Encounters" sometimes you gotta fulfill the urge to make something out of whatever you got - even mash potatos! - MT

The bioroids can be purchased seperately. We are looking at about $200 plus shipping for the bioroid assault carrier. That will include 2 blue and one red bioroid, as well as 3 hover tanks. Squad of each. I still have to talk with Marc and Alex as to what mode they will be in. Still figuring the price on the additional packs of mecha. The re entry pod estimated price is looking to be about $250-260. Included with that will be 2 zentran soldiers and 3 regults. I'll be posting pics soon.

Now in case anyone is wondering the bioroids and other 1/350 stuff was printed on the new form 1 printer. It won't be avaliable till July but the nice guys at form 1 are letting me try it out. This machine is incredible. ( the results speak for themselves) but by far this machine is easy to use and the price tag is reasonable for the 25 micron resolution. I will probably start a separate thread on this but I will be making this avaliable to the 3d artists here on MW. The material is reasonable and It is much better quality than shapeways at a fraction of the price. Interested parties can pm me. More pics in a day or 2..

Oh yeah I will have it on display at wonderfest so those of you who are going come check it out!!!

Edited by tundrayeti

I will probably start a separate thread on this but I will be making this avaliable to the 3d artists here on MW. The material is reasonable and It is much better quality than shapeways at a fraction of the price. Interested parties can pm me. More pics in a day or 2..

Oh yeah I will have it on display at wonderfest so those of you who are going come check it out!!!

You will be at the Japanese Wonderfest in a few months?

Awesome news about making the printer available to us MW members :D. Are you able to take macro photos of the bioroids? And I'm wondering if you know how well your Form 1 printer compares to the Up Plus 2? :unsure: