1/350 Scale thread... Mospeada, Southern Cross and more!

EXO

How about at 1/285 scale to go with Robotech Tactics stuff?

You'll get a lot of guaranteed sales that way!

And if you want to see about some pre-orders I have 500 members on a Facebook Page for Robotech Tactics that would likely want to order a few!

Edited by Mike1975

Guest davidwhangchoi

I suspect 1/285 models would bring legal retaliation from the company making the game. It's best if we have nothing to do with that scale.

:lol:B))

I suspect 1/285 models would bring legal retaliation from the company making the game. It's best if we have nothing to do with that scale.

Actually you could carve out a little niche like the 3rd party transformers people do, and do models that HG/Palladium can't or won't touch like the mecha from Mac7, Zero, Plus, or Frontier.

While I myself would like the 1/2/85 scale I must admit for the larger ships and transports the 1/350th is really nice. I have two of the bugeye theater scouts. They are large enough that they are quite adequate and don't need to be 16 the bigger.

And if we're talking requests that flying saucer like leading pod for backcross would be awesome.

I finally catch up with this thread. Amazing project. I want the clam BECAUSE of her sheer size (and EXO's FANTASTIC interpretation). Bioroids! Man, so little love for them over the last decades that I've forgot just how much I love those guys. Now I have another incentive to improve my financial situation.

Edit: I vote for molded in color Ligaas as well. I'm guessing the plastic finish will replicate their glossy surface?

While I myself would like the 1/2/85 scale I must admit for the larger ships and transports the 1/350th is really nice. I have two of the bugeye theater scouts. They are large enough that they are quite adequate and don't need to be 16 the bigger.

And if we're talking requests that flying saucer like leading pod for backcross would be awesome.

So my question is .. what do any of you all have for Robotech minis .. are they the same size that can be used in the Robotech tactics game that's coming out ? is there a list of what you have ?... I have interest in buying some .. where can I go to find any of the stuff can someone email me a link ...emails etc

hobgoblin01@shaw.ca

thank you

To answer some of your questions:

Why not in 1/285th? - Reason one, is that I like the 1/350th scale. Reason two, is to be in scale with the Garfish. Reason three, is that as a modeler 1/350th is a common ship scale and it is easier to find after market products so you can add accessories.

Robotech tactics game - These kits are not at all associated with the tactics game nor will I make them in 1/285th scale (read first question). If you wish to use them in the game the size differences is not that much. I have seen a picture on this site of the bugeye being used in a 1/285th game and it is plenty big enough. Did you post that Felindar?

These kits in 1/350th have been in planning for a longtime well before the tactics game became known. The first in line was the Garfish. I still have a couple of more 1/350th ideas that will hopefully be completed next year.

Edited by neptunesurvey

What the hell,

Hooooverrrrrrr ttttaaaannnkkkk!!!!

Okay guys I'll be starting on the masters this weekend. I'll post pics of the first casts of the bioroid assault ship soon as well. As for the zentran re-entry pod ........

Just a hint......

post-7782-0-59413000-1399043945_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-86955500-1399043971_thumb.jpg

Hobatankuu would be veeeeeery tiny at 1/300. I doubt that you could get it to transform. :mellow:

If thats the case Capt, then you need to put your Genius Cap on and design a large scale SPARTAS Hovertank! You already proved it possible with the LEGIOSS you made! B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hobatankuu would be veeeeeery tiny at 1/300. I doubt that you could get it to transform. :mellow:

looks like you're a hot commodity these days.

If thats the case Capt, then you need to put your Genius Cap on and design a large scale SPARTAS Hovertank! You already proved it possible with the LEGIOSS you made! B))

*quietly hands the Cap'n his sculpting tools*

The masses have spoken. Make it happen, good sir.

Biopsychers!!!

attachicon.giforange.PNG

Hover Tanks! Are next!!!

FYI These are all 1/350 models so there isn't as much accuracy and detail. Rest assured the 1/72 and 1/48s will look awesome. 1/72s will be static models and 1/48s will be engineered for ball joints.

1/48 Hovertank WILL be transformable and casted in color... will include figure and hopefully a hoverbike. :) I just gotta rush these 350s for these guys' show at the end of this month.

Looks awesome! Great to hear you will be tackling the Hovertanks next. B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

1/48s will be engineered for ball joints.

1/48 Hovertank WILL be transformable and casted in color... will include figure

that's insane!!! i'm in!!! :wub::):D

ok,

Hhhhhooooooovvvvver taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnk. ^_^ ^_^

Edited by davidwhangchoi