RX-93 Nu Gundam from Hobby Japan 412

Majestic

I don't have detailed scans and the cover of Hobby Japan 412 doesn't really do it justice, but this "New Generations 2" version of the RX-93 Nu Gundam is absolutely beautiful.

I was never really a fan of this Gundam, but this custom-built modification is perfect.

I really hope they make this a FIX release or a kit. Anyone think they will?

A shake of the 8-ball says "chances are slim."

There are tons of cool customs that show up on the pages of those hobby magazines for years now and only a few have made it past custom form, which is a shame really. There are many beautiful customs out there.

Besides, it would never be seen as a FIX since FIX is all one designer, Katoki Hajime.

edit: damn you albino drew :p

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Its on the cover. Sorry, no interior scans unless someone else can do it.

EDIT: The cover doesn't really do it justice. The modifications and detail is amazing (as are most customs in HJ).

I think the changes to the arms are most interesting...which can be seen on the cover.

post-26-1072118209.jpg

Edited by Majestic

Ask you shall recieve, looks like the original Nu-Gundam to me, but I've never seen char's counterattack.

Front. The arms have alot more black and the legs too.

Resized pic.

post-26-1072121931_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yohsho

Thanks for the scans/pics.

The backs of the legs look great.

The differences are most readily apparent when lined up next to the old version. The magazine has a before and after pic at the end of the feature.

I really wish this could be a kit. IMO its much improved over the original.

Looks nice.

Being a fan of the Nu-Gundam, I can see a lot of aesthetic differences. It's neat, but not terribly exciting. The Hi-Nu is more badass. :D

Yeah... To me there's not enough changes to really warrent a new model/figure. It's nice though, I like the asthetic, but it's still the same old thing.

The Hi-Nu and Nu-HWS are where it's at for me.

(someone mentioned the back mounted bazooka as a change... I believe that was on the regular Nu as well... Correct me if I'm wrong)

Vostok 7

If its popular enough. The Perfect Gundam is a custom... and its getting a MG release after being featured in a game and being released as a FIX.

???

The Perfect Gundam is from the manga Plamo-kyo Shiro, and Bandai didn't wait around for people to build a custom of it and put it out as a MSV kit way back in the early 1980s.

Hello,

Sweet looking kit.

For Nu Gundam fans, G-System is going to release a 1/72 scale kit. Here is a preliminary picture of the work in progress:

1-72-Nu-Gundam2.JPG

G-System is also considering releasing a 1/48 Hi-Nu Gundam. If you have seen a 1/60 Perfect Grade Gundam, then just imagine how much bigger a 1/48 scale will be. If 1/48 scale is too big for you, they also released the Hi-Nu. Here is a picture and ordering information:

1-48-Hi-Nu-Gundam.JPG

I highly recommend Mecha Dream if you plan to buy any resin kits.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Happy Holidays and a 1/48 Yammie for all.

Why, thank you sir! Where do I pick it up? :D

Kevin and Tam have many of them for sale.

The original is just fine and dandy, very authentic to the movie, I got mine sitting proudly on top of my TV center with all the other Gundams and Macross figures. It was also my first Master Grade kit so I was very surprised on how much effort it took for me to put in, some measuring, percise cutting etc, I really enjoyed it.

While I like this new edition, which I MUST HAVE being the Nu Gundam fan myself....it's too spendy...

the only difference i see is the shield mount, this one has it off to the side of the arm, instead of off the back of the arm for the regular version. the shoulder armor is noticably redesigned, and much of the body armor is now segmented, presumably to reduce weight. its pretty, but i'm not so fond of the new shoulder armor. and like everybody else has said, the Hi-nu is much better.

i wish bandai would make this kit but knowing them they won't release an improved version unless they make another grade of model kits.....but a b-club conversion kit looks about 50-50...but i doubt it's on the top of b-club's "to do list" i still wouldn't mind seeing this in my hands someday :)