Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

Enough plain reissues, bring on the bundles!

Hey, speak for yourself - I STILL NEED THE VF-25S Ozma for my armored pack. Come on, bring on the last of the reissues why don't ya?!!!

Hey, speak for yourself - I STILL NEED THE VF-25S Ozma for my armored pack. Come on, bring on the last of the reissues why don't ya?!!!

this x 3. Need 1 for Super and 2 for Armored.

Also, I'm probably one of the minority who doesn't like the tornado pack.. I think it looks a little ugly in Battoroid mode (all that stuff just hanging on the back)..

That said, I did put in 1 for my spare naked VF-25F. Gonna leave it in Fighter mode

Unless I am mistaking, I think they printed the SMS on the leg armor upside down again.

Check out the circled section. If it was attached to the leg and the little nubs were pointing up, from left to right it would say SWS.

They need to rotate the stamp 180 degrees for it to be right.

post-740-0-50911100-1393569561_thumb.jpg

That's good that it's not like that in the Battroid pic. Looking at the parts layout photo for Michael version shows it's wrong there too. But they could have actually used the same part for both photo shoots. Hopefully.

Didn't the Ver 1 Tornado have an SMS stamp placed upside down on one side?

As these are the initial release pics used to garner interest/sales, I'm guessing that they're just heavily photoshopped.

Either that, or some Bandai insider guy who remembers the mis-printed leg armor from the V1 Tornado decided to put in a joke.

I'm not a fan of the Tornado Parts in Gerwalk- and Battroid-Mode. But in Fighter-Mode it looks awesome. I think the most glaring flaw are the engine nacelles on the wing tips. They are just too big and bulky.

In general the add-on sets are very large and bulky. The guns on the back are too long, the tail too, also the wings are two thick. For me the design on the Tornado Parts does not match the design of the underlying Valkyrie. However I never had a V1 Tornado Messiah so my verdict may change after I have the set in hand.

That said I love the way the VF-25 with Tornado Parts looks in Fighter-Mode so I have to get one set.

the one thing that has always bugged me about the Tornadoes is that the armor is all at the back. Would dhe chest plate from the Super armor fit on it at the same time? In battroid it would be fine, I'm just not sure if anything would block it in fighter. I don't THINK it would....

I know at one point, Bandai made a display with mixed and matched parts from the super, armor, and tornado packs, giving them various nicknames. There's a lot of potential for doing that I think, since most of the packs don't directly interfere with each other, as long as you keep specific groupings of pieces together.

I think if you used the tornado pack wings and legs, you could potentially add the chest and back pieces from the armored or super sets. I'd like to think you could also use the tornado wings with any of the other sets, but they might interfere with the legs on the armored set.

the one thing that has always bugged me about the Tornadoes is that the armor is all at the back. Would dhe chest plate from the Super armor fit on it at the same time? In battroid it would be fine, I'm just not sure if anything would block it in fighter. I don't THINK it would....

The Chest armor should be fine.

As a matter of fact I plan to mix/match the Armor/Tornado parts on my 25G.

Edited by Mommar

I think the Super chest armor should be able to fit. I was reading a blog post on Anymoon about mixing and matching armor packs for the V1 VF-25.

Its at the bottom of the page.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=3914

post-23462-0-13243200-1393712369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saburo