Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

Wow, excellent pics! I had been debating whether to get the tornado parts or super parts for the 25G. Opted for the latter, though seeing OzmaLee74 pics above kinda makes me do a double take. If only the 25G weren't so expensive now....:-(

Wow, excellent pics! I had been debating whether to get the tornado parts or super parts for the 25G. Opted for the latter, though seeing OzmaLee74 pics above kinda makes me do a double take. If only the 25G weren't so expensive now....:-(

Maybe consider picking up a set and hope a reissue comes out for the G? Better to pay a lower price now, than trying to track one down at possibly a higher price later if the G gets reissued.

Thanks for the advice Saburo! I've actually considered that as well. But my wallet is reeling right now because of all my latest purchases (a 25G from Mandarake, 25G super parts from NY, RVF-25 + super parts/ghost bundle and VF-27 + super parts that a friend will get in Malaysia)

I'm also trying to limit my collection to one type of valk each. I already got the 25F with tornado parts so getting the 25G in tornado parts counts as a double for me (at least for now).

But yeah, seeing as how the super/armored parts have shot up in value, I really might just get the 25G tornado parts as an alternate "dress" for my 25G. :-)

Thanks for the advice Saburo! I've actually considered that as well. But my wallet is reeling right now because of all my latest purchases (a 25G from Mandarake, 25G super parts from NY, RVF-25 + super parts/ghost bundle and VF-27 + super parts that a friend will get in Malaysia)

I'm also trying to limit my collection to one type of valk each. I already got the 25F with tornado parts so getting the 25G in tornado parts counts as a double for me (at least for now).

But yeah, seeing as how the super/armored parts have shot up in value, I really might just get the 25G tornado parts as an alternate "dress" for my 25G. :-)

This hobby tends to do a beating on our wallets.

That is a nice set of latest purchases you got there. If its in your budget get the 25G Tornado parts you can alternate between configurations. :D

I'll give my wallet the mandatory standing 8 count first. :-)

But then, getting an alternate dress for the 25G means that I'll have to get the supers for the 25F and 25S. Not to mention the 25F Armor which is selling for this right now. :-)

It's a miracle anyone's wallet is still alive after being thrown in the bloody arena of macross toy collecting. :-D

I'll give my wallet the mandatory standing 8 count first. :-)

But then, getting an alternate dress for the 25G means that I'll have to get the supers for the 25F and 25S. Not to mention the 25F Armor which is selling for this right now. :-)

It's a miracle anyone's wallet is still alive after being thrown in the bloody arena of macross toy collecting. :-D

After the count you'll come out of your corner ready for another round. :D

Yes, that's part of the cascading effect of the armor parts. The Armored part prices are just skyrocketing. I won't discuss that here, there is another thread about that very topic. I am glad I bought my Armored and Super parts sets when the prices were "reasonable".

What the eff, this thing is in Denver now? I have no idea what kind of crazy route this thing is taking, but considering it's only a 6 1/2 hour drive from me I'd expect it to show up tomorrow.

I'll try to take some different funky photos if it does show before this weekend.

This is a little late to the party for my VF-25F... but I love it so much especially now my weathering and clear-coat is finished. I never expected to leave my VF-25F in Gerwalk, but while trying out those extra braces and playing around, I actually love this mode and seems to show off all the parts better than Battroid or Aircraft mode. I'm so surprised how poseable and locked in tight this mode is now with those extra braces.

Basically I did a dark wash (two tones, a light grey and black with Flory Pro-Modeller wash - easier than the old artist oil paints), did some panel shading with a smudge stick and grahite, clear coat with a mix of Future & Tamiya Matte Base to get a semi-gloss, dry brush with the Tamiya weathering pastels and airbrush black shading and missile exhausts, then airbrush a final clear coat of the Future mix to seal it all in and protect it during handling.

Thanks to Saburo for the photo tips which I used... I got one of those cheap light tents from Amazon (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EJR2IH8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d17_i2?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0M54PE7AQESNVEQC46A6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1687860362&pf_rd_i=915398) and it worked amazingly well.

post-244-0-95101600-1409333854_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-99218600-1409333855_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-03636400-1409333857_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-07036200-1409333858_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-16881400-1409333859_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-20665200-1409333860_thumb.jpg

This is a little late to the party for my VF-25F... but I love it so much especially now my weathering and clear-coat is finished. I never expected to leave my VF-25F in Gerwalk, but while trying out those extra braces and playing around, I actually love this mode and seems to show off all the parts better than Battroid or Aircraft mode. I'm so surprised how poseable and locked in tight this mode is now with those extra braces.

Basically I did a dark wash (two tones, a light grey and black with Flory Pro-Modeller wash - easier than the old artist oil paints), did some panel shading with a smudge stick and grahite, clear coat with a mix of Future & Tamiya Matte Base to get a semi-gloss, dry brush with the Tamiya weathering pastels and airbrush black shading and missile exhausts, then airbrush a final clear coat of the Future mix to seal it all in and protect it during handling.

Thanks to Saburo for the photo tips which I used... I got one of those cheap light tents from Amazon (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EJR2IH8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d17_i2?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0M54PE7AQESNVEQC46A6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1687860362&pf_rd_i=915398) and it worked amazingly well.

attachicon.gifDSC_2952 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2955 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2957 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2962 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2963 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2964 - resized.jpg

Wow, amazing job on the weathering!! :hail:

I was glad to help with the photo tips, the shots look great!

Amazing weathering as usual! Pics lookin good after them tips :)

Edit: Pics are a vast improvement! Uppin' the game here!

Edited by xrentonx

Nice pics guys! What type of lenses are you all using?

The top beam cannons attach to the back armor which in turn attach to the 4 holes on the back which the renewals have. So to answer your question, yes it will fit the Ozma since it's a renewal but no to the V1 since the holes are in different places IIRC.

I'm shooting with a 18-300mm Nikon DX lens, not the sharpest, but I try to keep it at F11 to bring down the distortion.

Nice! I used a Nikon 50mm prime lens. I like how it brings out the colors even in relatively low light. I need to get a light box too since I'm taking more and more pics of my collection.

Nice! I used a Nikon 50mm prime lens. I like how it brings out the colors even in relatively low light. I need to get a light box too since I'm taking more and more pics of my collection.

I am shooting with a Canon 50mm.

If you plan to get one of the light boxes from Amazon that come bundled with lights, get rid of the lights it comes with and use simple desk lamps with daylight bulbs. :D

I am shooting with a Canon 50mm.

If you plan to get one of the light boxes from Amazon that come bundled with lights, get rid of the lights it comes with and use simple desk lamps with daylight bulbs. :D

Ya know, one of my buddies who's a professional photographer told me the same thing. Thanks for the tip Master!

Nice pics guys! What type of lenses are you all using?The top beam cannons attach to the back armor which in turn attach to the 4 holes on the back which the renewals have. So to answer your question, yes it will fit the Ozma since it's a renewal but no to the V1 since the holes are in different places IIRC.

Very true. The only other thing to mention is that you'll have to remove the head lasers for the beam cannons to fit over the head properly.

*snip*

Just beautiful. Would love to see pics of the other modes too if you would oblige.

This is the shot, right here.

I'm shooting with a 18-300mm Nikon DX lens, not the sharpest, but I try to keep it at F11 to bring down the distortion.

Wow, a DX lens too. Obviously it's about talent and not gear because I can't do crap with my camera.

Also, effing Fed Ex. It's sitting in the warehouse in Albuquerque right now... so I get to wait until Tuesday. Ordinarily i could wait but since NY screwed me and wouldn't ship my F parts last month I've been itching to get my hands on these things.

This is the shot, right here.

Wow, a DX lens too. Obviously it's about talent and not gear because I can't do crap with my camera.

Also, effing Fed Ex. It's sitting in the warehouse in Albuquerque right now... so I get to wait until Tuesday. Ordinarily i could wait but since NY screwed me and wouldn't ship my F parts last month I've been itching to get my hands on these things.

Sorry to hear that Mommar. I am surprised mine actually showed up today.

I have put the parts on, but I am exhausted from work so I'll setup the studio tomorrow and take some photos then.

Here's a quick shot from my coffee table.

14891611140_e611bea5b1_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo