Actual wing number for Hikaru's VT-1 (DYRL)

DuffCon

So i'm going to sticker my VT-1 and was planning on adding the designation number to the wing and fuselage.

I checked the movie and there are several references to the number. When Roy comes to the rescue, the communications screen shows Roy's number correctly as "VF-1S - 001 - R. Focker" when Hikaru & Minmay appear on Roy's screen, the designation shows up as "VT-102 - H. Ichijo"

Given the model is VT-1, that would imply to me that the wing number should be "02" but during the chase when the ostrich runs from the zentradi directly at the camera, the number 102 appears briefly, indicating the number should be 102

The rest of the movie is no help because there is no number on the wing or fuselage in any other part of the movie, implying that there shouldn't be a number at all.

However, the Version 2 release of the toy has the wing tampo printed as "607" - I have no idea where they got that.

It is possible that i've put way too much thought into this....

I think the "VT-102" is just an easter egg. When Hikaru was in the VF-1D in episode 1 of SDFM, the side of the cockpit also showed VT-102, if I recall correctly.

In the scene you describe in DYRL, the 102 flashes quite clearly for like a frame when there's really no reason why it should. Just like the beer can missiles, I think the animators just did it to see if people would notice.

I would just go with the 607 since it's already tampo'd on the wing.

i used 607 on my v1 VT-1 and looks great, on my v2 didnt apply stickers, and as MJ said 607 is already on the wing so you have no choice if yours is a v2 607 has to be the number hehehe.

in fact on a v1 you can choose the number as no munber is aplied on the wing, but on the v2 is a different story

you can see on the image below v2 is tampo and the v1 is a sticker.

post-12890-0-74965200-1393092363_thumb.jpg

post-12890-0-58139300-1393092410_thumb.jpg

Valkfighter, thanks for the pics! Quick question; is there a way to lock the backpack down with the super packs on? If you fold the tail down, you can push the pack to a locked position, but that's not accurate to the anime. If i leave the tail open the backpack and boosters just flop around.

I'm thinking it's just another v1 flaw, but couldn't find any info on it...