DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

He may well be a leader type person lol.

I was on Jungle the other day and saw that Valk plus armour for reasonable money. The Valk was B graded with slight damage to box, the armoured parts were minty sealed fresh. Got them both delivered plus fees to UK for £300. They let you choose to have them sent as a gift too so that will help dodge ridiculous customs charges.

So I had to promise no more valks for a while to keep the other half sweet.

I was on Jungle the other day and saw that Valk plus armour for reasonable money. The Valk was B graded with slight damage to box, the armoured parts were minty sealed fresh. Got them both delivered plus fees to UK for £300. They let you choose to have them sent as a gift too so that will help dodge ridiculous customs charges.

Congratulations! Post pics when he lands at your place. :)

Thanks, and of course.

I've just been having a nose through your Flickr page, and it is mighty impressive.

Where do your valks live when not being photographed? Do you have a display cabinet, I'd love to see that if you have?

Thank you, I post some of the pics here on MW, there are quite a bit more on my flikr page as you have seen.

My collection has out grown the bookshelf I was displaying them on when I started out. Now most of my Valks are displayed on a bookshelf, there are a few still in boxes and some are on my coffee table and dining table. :D I am currently looking at my options for display cases.

Edited by Saburo

Thanks Saburo, I look forward to seeing your finished display.

It's a cliché I guess but the Detolf route is a good one, especially if your collection keeps expanding!

They are cheap, look good, can easily take lighting, and don't take up that much space - well, relatively speaking ;-)

I also told myself the same thing. But that was 2 Valks ago right after I said I'm not gonna buy for now after purchasing those Alto's expensive 2 Packs. Hahaha! :D

Just like the famous quote from a well-known snack: "One you pop, you just can't stop."

I also told myself the same thing. But that was 2 Valks ago right after I said I'm not gonna buy for now after purchasing those Alto's expensive 2 Packs. Hahaha! :D

Just like the famous quote from a well-known snack: "One you pop, you just can't stop."

Haha. So true.

My caveat is that I neglected to mention my pre-orders, or any other ordered but not delivered items. So they clearly don't count within the agreement.

Thanks Saburo, I look forward to seeing your finished display.

It's a cliché I guess but the Detolf route is a good one, especially if your collection keeps expanding!

They are cheap, look good, can easily take lighting, and don't take up that much space - well, relatively speaking ;-)

I will more than likely going to go with Detolfs, but before I get them I am going to build some risers for them.

I was in the same boat, but one you take the plunge its over. :)

I'm on the other side of Washington state, are there places in Seattle where you can get Macross related items?

My YF-25 is on its way from Japan! I can't wait!

Twich

There really aren't any options left for Macross toys in the Puget Sound area . Both Kicks Hobby Japan (North Seattle) and Raku Anime (Bellevue, WA) closed their doors. You might try researching/exploring the International District in downtown Seattle. Otherwise, we continue to use online businesses. Also, online prices are nearly always going to be cheaper than stateside retail locations. Local business prices of imported items tend to be quite high.

Also, you might try attending Sakuracon and checking out the dealers room.

After playing with the yf-25 for the last day and a half, i'm really digging this valk's look. Surprising because i initially was thinking of skipping this release. I thought the paint scheme was ugly. Now i'm loving it. Wish i bought another one.

Sooo, mine arrived yesterday and had a little bit of blue paint spillover. It's similar to what was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Any tips on getting it off without ruining the rest of the paint and plastic finish?

Came in today. Love it. The colours are really nice. Nothing wrong with it that concerns me too much. Joints are tight and ok.

Not so spectacular pics to share. Heh.

attachicon.gifIMG_6324.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6329.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6338.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6342.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6348.JPG

Nice poses! I have one of those mini VF-1's, and it the only VF-1 in my collection. :(

Sooo, mine arrived yesterday and had a little bit of blue paint spillover. It's similar to what was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Any tips on getting it off without ruining the rest of the paint and plastic finish?

Can you post pictures of the spillover?

Just to be safe, mask the blue you don't want removed with masking tape.

I normally use a paper towel folded into a little square, at least 3-4 folds thick.

Then gently apply some rubbing alcohol to the paper tower (NOT THE TOY) on the thick corner that resulted from the fold.

After that gently rub and apply force enough to get some friction on the blighted blue paint but NOT so much that the rubbing alcohol oozes out of the paper towel and all over your YF-25 (which would suck because ALL the paint is vulnerable to rubbing alcohol)

With some patience and a few applications you can remove 99% of the unwanted blue.

Alcohol with some precision will solve that really easy. If that scares you too much you can remove that triangle peace (they are really lightly glued)

and get a fine sanding stick. I recommend Squadron fine grit Sanding Stick

Use the black rough lightly to remove the blue, use white on a bigger area to soften the scratches and then the grey to buff it to a silky smooth. (only on the white plastic obviously)

Or you could always use your fingernail and scratch really hard I guess

Edited by Duymon

Here's the blue paint spillover on my YF-25. Still think rubbing alcohol is the way to go?

*snip photo*

You can try and use a pointed Q-Tip. And just use the pointed area of the tip. Just be sure to dab lightly with alcohol.

For safety, better put a Tamiya masking tape and apply it on the edge of the blue painted area instead of applying the tape on the top part. Then apply the alcohol-dipped Q-Tip. Hope that helps. :)

Mine cleared LA customs on the 25th and there's been no movement since. USPS, your tracking blows. Unless it's accurate and it hasn't budged in a week. Then that would piss me off.

Here's the blue paint spillover on my YF-25. Still think rubbing alcohol is the way to go?

I'd use a toothpick, the really cheap kind, soaked in 91% alcohol, oven cleaner, or acetone/nail polish remover to clean that paint-bleed. A Q-tip may not be precise enough... even a fine tipped one, and sanding will require post-cleaning buffing/polishing to restore the gloss but you may still be left with fine scratches that are hard to eliminate; a wood toothpick will soak enough solvent to do the job and give you fine control regardless of how many times you may have to repeat in order to remove all of the paint splotch, and it's gentle enough not to scratch the plastic. Good luck.

Edited by mechaninac

I'd use a toothpick, the really cheap kind, soaked in 91% alcohol, oven cleaner, or acetone/nail polish remover to clean that paint-bleed. A Q-tip may not be precise enough... even a fine tipped one, and sanding will require post-cleaning buffing/polishing to restore the gloss but you may still be left with fine scratches that are hard to eliminate; a wood toothpick will soak enough solvent to do the job and give you fine control regardless of how many times you may have to repeat in order to remove all of the paint splotch, and it's gentle enough not to scratch the plastic. Good luck.

This feels like Matt Damon's rebuttal during the bar scene in Good Will Hunting. My boy is wicked smart!

Nice poses! I have one of those mini VF-1's, and it the only VF-1 in my collection. :(

Thanks :) Naw. Gotta get at least one Yam/Arcadia VF-1. They're simple yet beautiful. Though once you get one, you might get more.. lol.