DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Got my shipping notice. Fast fast hlj. Glad they opened up stock. I was contemplating whether I should get this and hlj's price just decided it for me. My first dx 25. :D Should arrive in ~2 days.

And yeah, prices will just go up but it seems to be slower for this one. If you want one, the cheapest that you can find for this right now is YJA since it hardly appears on Man, cheaper than NY even with shipping and proxies included provided you don't bid high. There have been a few sold on YJA at less than 13000 yen minus proxies and shipping.

Not sure if anyone's ever told you this before, but nice pics Saburo. :p

I might have been tempted to leave the regular "crotch plate" on the YF-25 since that would have the only visible blue with the Super Parts on.

-b.

Not sure if anyone's ever told you this before, but nice pics Saburo. :p

I might have been tempted to leave the regular "crotch plate" on the YF-25 since that would have the only visible blue with the Super Parts on.

-b.

Haha. Thanks! I thought about leaving the regular crotch plate, but I just went ahead and put on all the Super Parts. :D

I either gotta stop being cheap and pay for faster shipping or stop coming on these threads...

My first order ever was SAL, it took a while. Being that I am impatient so I use EMS now. :)

Haha. Thanks! I thought about leaving the regular crotch plate, but I just went ahead and put on all the Super Parts. :D

My first order ever was SAL, it took a while. Being that I am impatient so I use EMS now. :)

Well I'm normally very patient. My pre-ordered YF-29 Ozma x2 just showed up this week lol

Edited by Skull005

I was checking hlj every day for the past two weeks, and it never popped up. Even under the discontinued items nothing. If anyone is feeling like they bought too many, I am interested. Stupid browser. I was even waiting for this to restock to have ship with my other items.

I got bored so I snapped a couple of shots with the VF-25G Super Parts. Its not the Paladin Guard parts, but I think it looks good for now. :D

14531155855_7e2a9acc7a_b.jpg

14507846836_32254ef991_b.jpg

gahhh!! you and your amazing quality photos!! This looks just amazing! Might start buying super parts for my VF-25's.. B))

I was checking hlj every day for the past two weeks, and it never popped up. Even under the discontinued items nothing. If anyone is feeling like they bought too many, I am interested. Stupid browser. I was even waiting for this to restock to have ship with my other items.

Popped up 2 days ago for a few hours. That's when I got mine. It get snapped up quick...

Your best bet now is probably YJA or Mandarake.

Popped up 2 days ago for a few hours. That's when I got mine. It get snapped up quick...

Your best bet now is probably YJA or Mandarake.

I just rejoiced two days ago, when I woke up in the morning, grabbed my ipad and refreshed the HLJ link. There it was the "low stock" in orange.

I bet this valk will be highly collectable in the future. Don't think Bandai will have the time to reissue this one in years to come.

Great photos once again, Saburo! You might want to try and do a custom Paladin Parts by mixing Super and Armored next time. ;)

By the way, how's the blue from the 25G and the YF-25? Do they have the same shade? Again, great photos. :)

Am I the only one who is suddenly looking for VF-25G super parts now? :)

I don't know, but since I can't find another VF-25G for a decent price, when my tornado parts come in for the 25G I may just move the super parts over to one of these YF-25's and put the tornado parts on the 25G.

I had VF-25G Un opened super parts but I sold it because I liked the VF-25G naked but I will get the Tornado armor because it looks awesome. Who knew the G super parts would look awesome on the YF-25. Btw 3 Seattle people posted in a row :)

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

I had VF-25G Un opened super parts but I sold it because I liked the VF-25G naked but I will get the Tornado armor because it looks awesome. Who knew the G super parts would look awesome on the YF-25. Btw 3 Seattle people posted in a row :)

Yes Super Parts and Tornado parts! Now this is 4 Seattle people posting in a row. :D

Edited by Saburo

Great photos once again, Saburo! You might want to try and do a custom Paladin Parts by mixing Super and Armored next time. ;)

By the way, how's the blue from the 25G and the YF-25? Do they have the same shade? Again, great photos. :)

Thanks compliment! I'll give the Super/Armored parts a try next time. :)

I just compared the blue of the VF-25G to the YF-25 and the blue on the YF-25 is couple of shades darker with slight greyish tinge.

Seattle for the win!

:D

I think mine arrived at my apartment, but I'm on vacation so I can't get to it haha.

You have a present waiting for you when you get back. :)

Edited by Saburo

I got my yf-25 today. Unfotunately the box was crushed. Valk looks like its ok. The one front landing gear doesnt close right. Seems sighltly misaligned, the longer head antenae wasnt attached completely cause it the stick out in fighter mode. I transferred it to battroid and it seems fine now. We'll see once i trnasform it back to fighter. Hopefully cdjapan will offer me a discount since my valk is no longer mint and will never be able to sell it without a discount due to the crushed box.

I got my yf-25 today. Unfotunately the box was crushed. Valk looks like its ok. The one front landing gear doesnt close right. Seems sighltly misaligned, the longer head antenae wasnt attached completely cause it the stick out in fighter mode. I transferred it to battroid and it seems fine now. We'll see once i trnasform it back to fighter. Hopefully cdjapan will offer me a discount since my valk is no longer mint and will never be able to sell it without a discount due to the crushed box.

That sucks. I hope they packed them well and this was a Post office issue. of course they should put a do not stack message on it IMO.

The cdjapan packaging was sort of a let down for me too. I was expecting more padding in the brown box. Oh well. They do a much better job with smaller items. Sorry to read about that, Sandman.

My shipping box took a hit, but everything inside was okay.

I'm on the other side of Washington state, are there places in Seattle where you can get Macross related items?

My YF-25 is on its way from Japan! I can't wait!

Twich

Awesome pics, Saburo, I am alwaysa t awe at your pic quality :D

Thank TCracker. :)

I'm on the other side of Washington state, are there places in Seattle where you can get Macross related items?

My YF-25 is on its way from Japan! I can't wait!

Twich

Twich, All my purchases have been through Japan sites, and with in and out of state MW members. I don't know any shop of anywhere that sells Macross stuff locally here in WA/Seattle. Maybe the other WA members might have more information than I do.

Edited by Saburo

I just rejoiced two days ago, when I woke up in the morning, grabbed my ipad and refreshed the HLJ link. There it was the "low stock" in orange.

I bet this valk will be highly collectable in the future. Don't think Bandai will have the time to reissue this one in years to come.

Thanks to you I got mine. :D Just by chance I came to check this thread about an hour after you posted. Was nearing midnight here.

Thing is, I held back from bidding one on YJA that same day hoping for a cheaper option and there it popped up. Didn't expect it. Glad hlj had some stock. Thanks again. :)

well mandarake has a sold out listing at 12k and 13k. There are a lot of YJA listing for it as well, but proxy service means more expensive (and you have to compete with locals in Japan that can willingly spend 10 to 11k yen)

Yeah, but right now the best options to get one that is still around msrp are Manda or YJ. Manda's only had 2 which got snapped up quick. So YJA's the next best bet.