DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Anyone else find the right flap on the front landing gear never sitting properly? I've had it with a number of Bandai valks. There seems to not be enough clearance for the hinge to wiggle, making it jut out an at angle unless forced into the closed position.

The flaps on almost all of my 25's don't sit flush. It's frustrating. Not a deal breaker, but come on Bandai.

Just a couple of very quick observations;

First, I absolutely love the amount of printing on this Valk, I think Bandai did a great job.

Second, I absolutely hate the big bubble canopy. The nosecone is the same length as the DX 25's, but the canopy has a larger, more rounded structure. And I don't like it. A very, very minor nitpick - but i can't un-see it now.

Going to transform the one I've opened to Battroid and probably leave it in that mode.

-b.

On a side note, made a small stand adapter for my YF-25 so that I can have a low fighter mode display without the giant ugly stick.

It's thermal form moldmaking material that's been formed around two plastic pegs for support and then molded by the stand slot itself. After cooling off I trimmed off all the extra for re-use elsewhere.

WP_20140628_12_25_58_Pro_zpsef8477e7.jpg

Here are the results.

WP_20140628_12_26_47_Pro_zps20ec26aa.jpg

Edited by Duymon

On a side note, made a small stand adapter for my YF-25 so that I can have a low fighter mode display without the giant ugly stick.

It's thermal form moldmaking material that's been formed around two plastic pegs for support and then molded by the stand slot itself. After cooling off I trimmed off all the extra for re-use elsewhere.

Here are the results.

That's a nice low profile stand mod!

That's a nice low profile stand mod!

Seconded. Having a modded stand to use as part of a desktop display (like in the picture) would be really nice. Thank you for sharing, Duymon! One question: does that material bond permanently to the stand (is it a total conversion) or can you remove the 'adapter' and still use the original stick?

Mine just got dropped off a bit ago, very nice looking piece. :) Little smudge on one of the hip markings, and the wings are printed a little off-center, but really nice overall.

And yeah, Bandai still hasn't quite figured out how to make double gear doors line up at all. I think it's partly because of the screwy complex curve around the front gear, which really is due to the design itself. Any warping in those doors, and they just won't fit well.

Mine just got dropped off a bit ago, very nice looking piece. :) Little smudge on one of the hip markings, and the wings are printed a little off-center, but really nice overall.

And yeah, Bandai still hasn't quite figured out how to make double gear doors line up at all. I think it's partly because of the screwy complex curve around the front gear, which really is due to the design itself. Any warping in those doors, and they just won't fit well.

Yeah, had a similar issue with the one that I opened. Also the right shoulder is a bit loose when trying to hold a pose and/or the gunpod. Not really a big deal, but certainly not as solid as the VF-25a's I've opened.

And hands-down I love the Battroid mode more than Fighter on the YF-25.

-b.

Congrats guys on your YF-25 Prophecy purchases. Especially those who buy multiple copies and display each modes. I envy your purchasing powers. Hope I can do that in the future too. Hahaha! :lol: And I'm glad that everyone's liking it. ;)

Saburo, man, your photos are great as always. Love it. :) But unfortunately, it still doesn't make me feel sorry that I cancelled my preorder. Hahaha! :lol: j/k

Congrats guys on your YF-25 Prophecy purchases. Especially those who buy multiple copies and display each modes. I envy your purchasing powers. Hope I can do that in the future too. Hahaha! :lol: And I'm glad that everyone's liking it. ;)

Saburo, man, your photos are great as always. Love it. :) But unfortunately, it still doesn't make me feel sorry that I cancelled my preorder. Hahaha! :lol: j/k

Thank no3ljm, glad you like them. I took a few more photos today, I'll post them up later. Really not even sorry a tiny bit? :lol: j/k

Nope. Not even a bit. Hahaha! :D Guess the Prophecy is not for me. ;)

But... I will let you know the moment they will announce a Paladin Guard option set. :D

Haha ok! :) I am hoping they'll release the Paladin Guard parts for it.

Edited by Saburo

Seconded. Having a modded stand to use as part of a desktop display (like in the picture) would be really nice. Thank you for sharing, Duymon! One question: does that material bond permanently to the stand (is it a total conversion) or can you remove the 'adapter' and still use the original stick?

It's not permanent. I can remove it and put it back on the regular stand whenever I want. I think I'm gonna make more of these mini stands so that I can reduce the clutter on my display shelf lol

It's not permanent. I can remove it and put it back on the regular stand whenever I want. I think I'm gonna make more of these mini stands so that I can reduce the clutter on my display shelf lol

Nice. I'm thinking of trying out your mod on a couple of my stands too. I hope you don't mind. It would help out a lot in my small space.

You do realize ULessa that the longer you wait the more the price goes up. Now with HLJ sold out you won't get it for that same low price. Then NY will do their eventual mark ups as they get rarer ie the VF-25 G, S and YF-29 All of them. You don't see the VF-25S for under $600 on eBay now