DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

if it really bothers you use the matching abs antennae for symmetry. If u use the long one you need to remove the cover on the other side (the extra cover is shown in the toys daily review, it's where the short antenna lies in fighter mode)

Edited by Duymon

Thanks for posting! Hurry up and ship my YF-25's!!!

Not only are they different lengths but they aren't shaped the same either. I like the asymmetry.

Me too, and I love the detailed looking interior. :wub:

-b.

It's so weird how one release will have tons of paint apps, and one release will have none....

Its all about the $$$ it'll make :D

I'll gladly buy all the YF-29 Variants as I love its fighter mode so much! Probably will happen to the VF-25 too when I get my hands on one.

Edited by ULessa

Honestly, I only halfway blame Bandai for all the paint-related problems on these. Let's face it, the valks in frontier weren't really designed with any thought given to how they would ever be produced as toys, let alone why military-machines would be painted in such ludicrously complex and maintenance-heavy schemes.

Still doesn't absolve them of their pants-on-head tendencies to mold things in the least efficient way possible to make them the correct colors, though. "So this part is orange with a white stripe across it right? Great! Let's mold it in white, dip the part in orange paint, and then paint a white stripe across it! Nothing could possibly go wrong on a transforming toy with tons of moving parts!" <_< The little mis-colored panel on the Ozma YF-29 is the epitome of this really.. the plastic was the right color.. then they painted the entire piece black, instead of just the stripe.. then went back and repainted the part they shouldn't have covered up.. in the wrong shade entirely.

Makes me miss the way every other series painted their valks: solid colors with a few stripes and panels.

Edited by Chronocidal

Honestly, I only halfway blame Bandai for all the paint-related problems on these. Let's face it, the valks in frontier weren't really designed with any thought given to how they would ever be produced as toys, let alone why military-machines would be painted in such ludicrously complex and maintenance-heavy schemes.

Still doesn't absolve them of their pants-on-head tendencies to mold things in the least efficient way possible to make them the correct colors, though. "So this part is orange with a white stripe across it right? Great! Let's mold it in white, dip the part in orange paint, and then paint a white stripe across it! Nothing could possibly go wrong on a transforming toy with tons of moving parts!" <_< The little mis-colored panel on the Ozma YF-29 is the epitome of this really.. the plastic was the right color.. then they painted the entire piece black, instead of just the stripe.. then went back and repainted the part they shouldn't have covered up.. in the wrong shade entirely.

Makes me miss the way every other series painted their valks: solid colors with a few stripes and panels.

Cheaper for them I guess. Thats how things go as a company.

That's what doesn't make sense though... it's probably not cheaper. They'd potentially save a decent amount of money if they molded the parts in the right color from the start so they didn't need to keep repeatedly tampo printing the same parts to cover up the wrong colors.

It probably just comes down to lack of foresight in the original molds, and not thinking ahead about which parts should be molded on separate sprues so they can be color matched (which is further complicated by the wacky paint schemes that change between every release). At least they finally got the lower wing gloves on a separate mold for Michael's, but Ozma's VF-25S had to suffer through the "we molded this in the wrong color, so we painted the entire thing" nonsense.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's definitely the way they designed the molds; they likely created the family molds with Alto's VF-25F in mind (all white fuselage with red and black decorations that would've needed to be painted on regardless of parts break-down), and never considered Ozma's or Michael's versions in the engineering of the tooling. So, they saved money up-front in the tooling cost, but now need to spend extra time to overcome their lack of foresight, to the detriment of the final product; and it's not like they didn't know that Frontier had some very non-standardized color break-downs and livery to consider...

Edited by mechaninac

No update on CDJ for shipping for mine.

I didn't order until Saturday though.. I think.

This guy, orders so much stuff he forgets what day it was.

Still waiting on shipping confirmation of mine as well.

-b.

This guy, orders so much stuff he forgets what day it was.

Still waiting on shipping confirmation of mine as well.

-b.

I wish. :D

I hope I get it before fri/sat as I'm going on vacation.

Edited by Gakken85

I just like the Fighter mode for the YF-29 the best :D the VF-25 is definitely there in second place :X

hehe! call me weird but I still think Brera's VF-27 (DX renewal version) is the best of the Frontier Valks.. the 25's (Ozma) a close second! Not sure about the 29's though.. maybe an Isamu Dyson might happen.. :unsure:

pass on the 171's.. just not a fan.

Edited by spanner76