DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

If you live in the States and many other countries, Amazon.com.jp will not ship toys, and relevant to this discussion, Macross items to you.

You have to have a proxy buyer.

If it were that easy, affiliate or not, most of us would probably have a ton of stuff via Amazon. :)

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i opened mine today. there's a small circle in the form tray that's blank? (next to the knife and spare hands) was something suppose to be there? (never opened any of my vf-25's) apologies first time ever...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i opened mine today. there's a small circle in the form tray that's blank? (next to the knife and spare hands) was something suppose to be there? (never opened any of my vf-25's) apologies first time ever...

That's been around since VF-25f release. It was for a clear, round stand to set the included Alto Ex-Gear fig on.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's been around since VF-25f release. It was for a clear, round stand to set the included Alto Ex-Gear fig on.

thanks James! was scared for a sec. i got 3 altos 25 still sealed, it's time i open one up.

Mine arrived today! Finish quality looks quite good! Loving the paint scheme! Looks so much better in the flesh than from pics on the net.

Blue paint edge on the spine isn't quite consistent but other than that no major or silly defects to report.. overall im extremely happy with it!

Will see how long it takes the misses to notice another Valkyrie sitting in the collection! :p I can see it now.. "oh really! Another one!?" :D

post-21335-0-44228700-1403855795_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-33347800-1403855806_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-57271300-1403855820_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-15163000-1403855834_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mine arrived today! Finish quality looks quite good! Loving the paint scheme! Looks so much better in the flesh than from pics on the net.

Blue paint edge on the spine isn't quite consistent but other than that no major or silly defects to report.. overall im extremely happy with it!

Will see how long it takes the misses to notice another Valkyrie sitting in the collection! :p I can see it now.. "oh really! Another one!?" :D

looks great

Always open up the spare! Otherwise you're only collecting nice-looking boxes! I'm always afraid of scratching em, so I choose the less well painted valk to transform.

yeah definitely. i think i'm afraid of scratching or loosening them after paying 100+ for them so it's fear for me.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

My first YF-25 arrived yesterday from AmiAmi, but I'm resisting the urge to open it until the two I ordered from 'another' store show up. Call it a weird mix of OCD and paranoia that I can't open one of a 'thing' until I have all of them.

Until then I'll just keep looking at everyone's pics. B))

-b.

I LOVE the way this deco calls to min dteh YF-16 deco...orange vs. red but its a reddish orange but still. love love love it in fighter mode. the ironic part is that from the front view it looks (if you squint hard enough) a tiny bit likts its competitor the yf-17 (which we know today as the f-18 hornet)

Saburo, God of Macross Photography.

close313 you are too kind, thank you.

because of saburo, many MWF folks now wanted one :p

hehe.. just wanted to contribute to MWF in my own way. ;)

For those that have theirs and transformed the VF-25, were the hip joints exceptionally tight? I had to use much more force (compared to the VF-25A) to rotate them into place when going into Battroid mode.

Edited by Saburo

close313 you are too kind, thank you.

hehe.. just wanted to contribute to MWF in my own way. ;)

For those that have theirs and transformed the VF-25, where the hip joints exceptionally tight? I had to use much more force (compared to the VF-25A) to rotate them into place when going into Battroid mode.

You're not contributing. You're just turning us into hoarders. :lol:

I wasn't planning on keeping my YF-25 but it looks so sweet now.

Edited by neoexcaliber

You're not contributing. You're just turning us into hoarders. :lol:

I wasn't planning on keeping my YF-25 but it looks so sweet now.

Hoarder/collector same thing right? :lol:

Its good that you are keeping the YF-25, now you won't have to go through regret if you sold/traded it. :)

Hoarder/collector same thing right? :lol:

Its good that you are keeping the YF-25, now you won't have to go through regret if you sold/traded it. :)

John Hodgeman once said that the line between a collector and a hoarder is a display case. And that's exactly what I told my wife when I bought some more shelves for this and the 1/48 MM that are on the way...

Great pictures, Saburo!

John Hodgeman once said that the line between a collector and a hoarder is a display case. And that's exactly what I told my wife when I bought some more shelves for this and the 1/48 MM that are on the way...

Great pictures, Saburo!

Thank you.

Haha, that works for me. Now i just need to get display cases. Hope your wife likes the new shelves. :)

Edited by Saburo

I feel like I'm going to cave in and buy one... SOMEONE BUY IT BEFORE ME! (Possible regret commence)

Same here but I just got I to an accident and looking at it makes me want to punch me lol

Also I have idea of how much shipping will cost for my yf-30. $25-30 doesn't seem that bad for ems

Edited by VF-Zer0S

Anyone else find the right flap on the front landing gear never sitting properly? I've had it with a number of Bandai valks. There seems to not be enough clearance for the hinge to wiggle, making it jut out an at angle unless forced into the closed position.

Only on my VF-25F Alto (renewal).. All the others seem ok. Good thing I keep it in Battroid!

I feel like I'm going to cave in and buy one... SOMEONE BUY IT BEFORE ME! (Possible regret commence)

Hehe! Just buy it! You know you want to! You'll love it! Edited by spanner76