DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Went to sleep and passed on the YF-25 from HLJ, I have (3) coming - shipping confirmations from N-Y and AmiAmi came overnight.

@Duymon, I'd say keep the blue crotch (ha ha ha) - it looks better than with the same part from Alto's VF-25.

-b.

Don't understand the hate for the blue crotch. That's what makes this thing looks so different.

Probably just keep mine in fighter, as I'm not a huge fan of battroid, or their transformation process.

It has been on pre-order for months now, you could have bought it at any point between March and now.

WHERE. None of the stores I frequent. I could still technically get it now, but some of us aren't independently wealthy and can't afford to spring for three of them on Nippon Yasan. $20 is sometimes the difference between getting a valk and being priced out of one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

WHERE. None of the stores I frequent. I could still technically get it now, but some of us aren't independently wealthy and can't afford to spring for three of them on Nippon Yasan. $20 is sometimes the difference between getting a valk and being priced out of one.

it you look back just a page or two, cdjapan had it open for 4 days straight and it was discussed on this thread for the whole duration. hlj re opened and it was open for the whole evening. i brought my second at cd japan and used sal shipping. it was cheap.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got both of my units in today, I got one from CDJ and one from NY. Surprisingly they followed each other neck and neck to get here at the same time.

I suddenly got visions of them having a firefight ala Alto and Brera on the way to your home. Haha!

Looks like HLJ took the prophecy listing down completely. Not expecting more stock haha

The listing is still there, just as Discontinued as 99% of any other Bandai DX Frontier Valks.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN985605/Sci

For those still looking, I'd watch the usual places for the next few days (AmiAmi, Hobby Search, HLJ) along with Mandarake. My thought is it'll pop up at a reasonable price provided the listing goes up before (or if) word-of-mouth labels this as "must-have" item.

-b.

I suddenly got visions of them having a firefight ala Alto and Brera on the way to your home. Haha!

That what all my valks do when we are not looking lol.

So this one is not still available all over the place like I thought it was going to be? I thought this one would be widely available.

That what all my valks do when we are not looking lol.

So this one is not still available all over the place like I thought it was going to be? I thought this one would be widely available.

You mean not available "again"? It's been pretty available (HLJ yesterday for hours), relative to other DX releases.

-b.

So you can still get two. Not as good as three but better than nothing.

I think he only wants one. Unfortunately the reality is that this hobby of ours is an expensive one and more often than not, I've paid way over retail for stuff I've bought over the past years. I try to only get one of an item myself since Macross isn't the only thing I collect.

YF-25 was one of the easier to get considering it stayed on HLJ and CDJapan for a good amount of time. Just wait and see whether NY drop their prices as they have done so on other releases when they are not able to move stock.

Its good to see some positive comments about the Prophecy! Can't wait for mine to arrive! Should land in Sydney any moment now!!

And I see a few ppl buying multiples.. Gee I'd love to also but a combination of too little room to display, not cashed up enough and don't want to upset the misses means it ain't gonna happen.. But maybe I'll sneak in a second YF-30 purchase at some point! Hehe!

You mean not available "again"? It's been pretty available (HLJ yesterday for hours), relative to other DX releases.

-b.

Yeah that's what I though. I did not seer this release as being very hard to get if you made at least a 1/4 of the effort that it takes to secure one.

Great pictures as usual, Saburo! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, its my pleasure to share my photos.

Sexy crap. Feeling good about this purchase haha

I am too and I have to say the YF-25 is the most photogenic of all of the Frontier Valkyries.

*Bonus pic*

14501469774_44fbb9f360_b.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thank you, its my pleasure to share my photos.

I am too and I have to say the YF-25 is the most photogenic of all of the Frontier Valkyries.

really cool.

Saburo, I see that your Photoshop skills have improved a lot. I notice that the floor reflections are now in focus as opposed to double vision and these images of the yf-25 are so sharp. Just to let you know, even though I don't post often, I do enjoy your photos very much.

Wow blue and orange are my favorite colors but dam I just couldnt get this release since I have no ties to it in the series.Looking at Saburo's picturesit makes me regret not getting one when hlj had it open. Just makes me full of anticipation if they ever do a Leon type to go with the yf-30.

Again Great Pictures

Awesome pic. Getting a bit of a Mass Effects vibe from your pics haha

So are the joints as tight as the VF-25A releases?

Thank you! After you mentioned it does have the ME vibe to it. ME is still one of my favorite games, weird ending and all. The joint are tight, I even think they are tighter. Swiveling the hip joints back to go into Battaroid mode was quite a chore compared to the VF-25A.

really cool.

Thanks you David!

I love the photos Saburo! You are making me want that Prophecy!

Thank you, I would recommend adding one to your collection. :D

Damn those pics are making me want one now! Very nice shots.

Get one it is really nice to see in person. :D

The orange looks great but the blue crotch :X

You could paint it. :)

Saburo, I see that your Photoshop skills have improved a lot. I notice that the floor reflections are now in focus as opposed to double vision and these images of the yf-25 are so sharp. Just to let you know, even though I don't post often, I do enjoy your photos very much.

Thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it. The floor doulbe reflection was really bothering me, I used clear plexiglass sheet beneath the figure to achieve the reflection and that would cause the double/blurry reflection because the figure was being reflected off upper and lower surface of the plexiglass. I am using a new material for the base and now no more annoying double/blurry reflections. :)

Excellent pics, Saburo! Me gusta maximum :D

TCracker thank you, I really need to learn figure action poses from you. :D

Wow blue and orange are my favorite colors but dam I just couldnt get this release since I have no ties to it in the series.Looking at Saburo's picturesit makes me regret not getting one when hlj had it open. Just makes me full of anticipation if they ever do a Leon type to go with the yf-30.

Again Great Pictures

Thank you.

When I first saw the YF-25 the thing that I liked the most was the head, the color scheme was ok. Now that I have it, it has grown on me quite a bit. Taking pics of it was great, the colors just make it pop. :)

Edited by Saburo