DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Box designs revealed... Nothing special but looks nice :)

JLbEZY.jpg

El9EmA.jpg

Hmmm... kinda grows on me... Hehehe. Guess have to keep my PO then for now. :D

YF-16

yf16.jpg

Any idea where can I get a 1/60 scaled YF-16 to display it together? :D

There is a better version colour scheme out there. ;)

3859683268_af91b69df9_o.jpg

A noob question, why they didn't follow this scheme? I know the orange color is off. But when you look on the shoulder armor, this one has a orange spot whereas the DX fig has an orange stripe around it like typical Messiah shoulders. And no blue lining on the crotch armor area. Is this more the updated look after passing the prototype phase even though they still have the same designation as YF-25 Prophecy? Is there any difference or it's a different designation?

And do you think the DX Prophecy will get the 'Guard-something' option parts in the future? If so, then I'm going to keep this one. :D Thanks in advance.

Edited by no3ljm

I assume the DX toy has the color scheme it has because it is line-art accurate and this model-kit is not. Even the box for Bandais YF-25 kit has the same color scheme than the DX toy. The paint-job is also accurate to the screen caps Master of Macross provided.

yf15p-02.jpg

Not to ditch the talented model builder but to me it seems that this image that was posted continually in this thread is more likely to be an interpretation of the actual color scheme.

Edited by Scyla

I have also already stated that A) It was a kit and B) the the photo looks like a washed out scan. I don't know why it keeps getting posted when we are talking about a Chogokin and not a kit.

Here is a non washed out image of the kit:

R0017796.jpg

This one was posted on MW too:

r0030194.jpg

Can we now put this issue to rest? :)

I have also already stated that A) It was a kit and B) the the photo looks like a washed out scan. I don't know why it keeps getting posted when we are talking about a Chogokin and not a kit.

Here is a non washed out image of the kit:

R0017796.jpg

This one was posted on MW too:

r0030194.jpg

Can we now put this issue to rest? :)

The first one look great, very nice head......is from macross the ride, right?

I'm glad someone said this. The whole time people were calling it yellow I thought I was going color blind because it still looked orange to me.

Well orange you glad that you were seeing it correctly? :ph34r:

The Macross the Ride variant looks cool, it's hard for me to tell but does it have eyes, or a hint of eyes inside of the translucent green head unit? If so that's awesome.

-b.

Honestly...not digging the blue crotch in battroid.

Luckily I have a 3 VF-25F crotch plates not in use and I'll just swap those onto my YF-25's.

Anyone that has a super / armored 25F can do the same.

Edited by Duymon

Guest davidwhangchoi

I am looking forward to getting the YF-25 and waiting for an invoice so I can pay.

Where did you order from?

hey Saburo, just some private contact in jyp. it was 12900yen + 3600 ems

Finally decided not to get it. Ignored NY's payment email deadline which is today. And lo and behold, got an email that my PO has already been cancelled. Just wish they don't cancel my other POs which is majority of them is for later this year. I haven't logged in yet on the main NY site so not sure if all my other paid POs are also been cancelled or not. Anyways, the budget alloted for the Prophecy went to my eBay YF-21 purchase. Hehehe. :D

Edit : By the way, while I'm checking the YF-21 earlier, I was thinking it would look cool displayed together with the YF-25 Prophecy. Blue and Yellow/Orange. nice. ;) Hopefully some members will post here soon the Prophecy besides the YF-21. :)

Edited by no3ljm

Finally decided not to get it. Ignored NY's payment email deadline which is today. And lo and behold, got an email that my PO has already been cancelled. Just wish they don't cancel my other POs which is majority of them is for later this year. I haven't logged in yet on the main NY site so not sure if all my other paid POs are also been cancelled or not. Anyways, the budget alloted for the Prophecy went to my eBay YF-21 purchase. Hehehe. :D

I am curious to hear if they have cancelled you POs or not. I wouldn't think they would cancel them.

Despite owning six other 25's I'm pretty excited for this release. I love when we start getting the more "off-colored" Valks. Even though it's a canon scheme from the show the fact that it apes the real world YF-16 is awesome to me. I like that cross-over, and I'm even more surprised Bandai is even spitting out stuff like this.

It occurs to me if Bandai has known for awhile that a new Macross television show has been in the pipeline they may have decided to keep pumping out different variations of these Valks just to keep Macross at a certain level of visibility. Whatever the reason, it is cool we've had a few other options for Valks. The 25A and YF schemes are my two absolute favorites from the show, the big four are cool but don't have that same draw some of the classic schemes had (possibly because I find the new hero valks too busy.)

I just checked my other PO status and they're all still safe, Saburo. ;) But I do have now a -1 on my EXP points. Hehehe. :D

That's good know they are not being super harsh about it, but then again the situation will probably be different if you cancel multiple items/times.

Haha.. you got -1 exp. Time to get back out there to level up. ;)