DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

What i noticed in the pictures is that the lerx is a lot shorter in battleloid mode to the vf-25, aside from that i can't seem to find any other difference aside from the head.

I think the paint job is just throwing you off. The LERX is the same length as the other VF-25s.

The canopy and everything else looks the same to me also. The only thing physically different that I can see based on those pics is the head and the removable top plate on the chest and the backplate which is different for each variant anyway to fit their respective head units in fighter mode.

I think the paint job is just throwing you off. The LERX is the same length as the other VF-25s.

The canopy and everything else looks the same to me also. The only thing physically different that I can see based on those pics is the head and the removable top plate on the chest and the backplate which is different for each variant anyway to fit their respective head units in fighter mode.

Yeah it was the angle of the lerx and the colour, on the other pic the lerx is the same length, my bad. On that note, in that new pic, does it say the tornado parts for the renewal F n G is coming out? Edited by Guyffon

I think they made it so because the original mold 25 can't slot the second guy in. Whereas the DX's are quite universal in terms of single or double seaters.

The YF-25 still has a longer canopy and a full backseat rather than the smaller passenger seat. Looks like the new scan shows the same differences in the DX Chogokin.

I did notice that the clear sensors closest to the canopy on the top of the nose seemed shorter but I wasn't sure if that was a trick of the camera angle and distance from the lens. I do notice now that it's shorter because they remolded the top black piece on the nose so that it covers/replaces half of the sensor. The front end of the canopy appears to be unpainted too where the ones on the VFs have a thick black frame around it. It's hard to tell from the pic itself if it's actually shaped any differently. The part of the canopy that lifts up still appears to be the same though going by certain reference points.

The model version is clearly longer, especially the rear most portion of the canopy. On the toy version though, that part looks the same length as the VF. It's possible the middle section of the canopy is longer if only by a mm or so if at all. Still it's hard to tell. It still looks like it stops right where the production version does. I think Bandai may have just taken the lazy way out and not made changes to the fuselage.

the side profile in the second magazine scan looks close to the yf-25 cockpit on the 1/72. I think they used separate parts for the cockpit block. On the model it was only a few different parts to make the two seated.

you can tell it's different by how the cockpit is more straight in the middle, just like on the model (I have 4 of them I know lol)

until the valk is officially on the tamashii webpage and the usual blogs give an actual reservation date who knows. I will be checking the blogs regularly for updates. Though I don't think this one will be as bad as the ozzy, it's a non hero.

Edited by Duymon