• 1 year later...

The movie finally made it into the cinemas here, impressing public & critics alike. I'm glad I watched in a theater, because the sound design is very important in carrying the events and sucking the viewer right in. The movie is so minimalistic, it would work as a stage play, and the horror unfolds at a perfect pace, with the lead actors delivering an oscar-worthy, compelling performance.

A killer feature debut from the director & her team, and I hope this creative work will be rewarded.

• 3 months later...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

The Babadook mostly lived up to it's reputation. While I didn't find it as effective as it's many fans, the film was very disturbing and creative with quite a few legitimate scares. It's also one of those rare films where I actually felt the jeopardy for the child, which in most movies is such a non-scare because children in most Hollywood films and TV shows are basically invincible. At least they were, until specialty cable shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones came along :)

Definitely a film I'd recommend. This is one horror film that isn't just another stupid jump-scare cash grab. Instead, it's a legitimately creep film with good characters and strong performances.

I guess I'm different than most people, I really didn't see what the big deal was with this movie. Yes it had it's creepy parts, but overall I thought it was really over-rated. Different strokes I guess.

Chris