Wonderfest Winter 2014 - Macross

Tochiro

Thanks for sharing! Glad to see the Zero valks coming back. I skipped Yamato's offerings the first time due to complaints about quality. Still been interested in picking up a SV-51, though. Hopefully they all get v2's.

I've been trying to study that CAD image to see what changes there may or may not be. I can't make out if the shoulder transformation is any different/better then the old VF-0/1. Looks like the bumps for the fuel cells still peg in with two holes just like the old 0's. There's no little tab to hold the backpack up, unlike the VF-1, and just like the old VF-0. I wonder if there's a new mechanism or if they're sticking with friction.

I don't know if there'd be any reason, considering I've never actually used the backpack hooks on the VF-1s to begin with. The double hinge for the VF-0 backpack always worked slightly differently as well, and always held really well.

Honestly, if they tighten up the molds, and keep the plastic quality on par with recent Yamato and Arcadia releases, I don't think they'll really need to change much about the original VF-0 design. It worked fine for the most part, and the proportions and shape never seemed to be an issue. If they can improve the molding to current standards, make the feet lock better, and tighten up the chest/nose mechanism, they should be golden.

Now, the question I do have though... the old Ghost booster for the VF-0A/S was only really held on by clipping the canards under the upper fairings, and resting around the tails. I don't know if the VF-0D carrying a Ghost is canon (I think you could in Macross 30?), but it'll need something else to hold it on without the tails in the same place, and you'd need a new set of color-matched chest pods as well. I wonder if they'll actually include some kind of clip to hold the existing Ghosts on, or eventually reissue them with a different mount for the VF-0D.

I don't own any kind of Roy VF-1S, I'm seeing the Arcadia movie one for decent prices too. I specifically wanted a TV version, but that DYRL version is pretty bright, it looks bright enough to pass for a TV version. I too would like Arcadia to put out a wave of new VF-1s, I missed out on the 1D and Hikaru 1J as well, I'd jump on another chance at a 1D with the option parts. From what I've seen based on prices and chat on this board alone, a lot of people would like another shot at M&M 1Js with super parts.

No, that was a WF item, so this is the right thread. But Save and I have so many pics of the thing we are going to wait and FP it later on :-)

I just want to know Hoooowwww does one get this.

I'm about to go all Skull style on my bike. Nothing more geeky

Then riding wearing a DYRL helmet, but then add shoulder pads!?

Must have.

can someone tell me what is being sold at 5k yen?

is it just the missile or does it include the 25?

Bf_cweYIMAAB3Ie.jpg

There's a card under that dark grey VF-25 at the rear, can anyone tell me what that says? If they make a dark grey version that's already a dark grey, I'd buy one in a second and just paint what needed to be painted.

I'm somewhat concerned about battroid mode for the 0D, or rather the poseability of it. Unless Arcadia is able to work some sort of magic, battroid mode is going to have some issues with the legs and the wings. In the CAD, the wing is clipping into the back of the leg already. Obviously they will fix that so the actual physical product will have enough clearance so the leg and the wings don't try to occupy the same space at the same time, but even then, it doesn't seem like you'll be able to move the legs back, much less bend the leg at the knee if the leg is straight since the wings go as far down as the calf area of the leg.

Edited by MacrossJunkie