Have to agree that the price is high on the HMR. I had thought about getting one, but now not sure.

I wonder if the development and mold costs on a brand new design are a factor, especially given that they can't spread out the cost over multiple repaints (though they could do an Olson version). Different from a Macross VF, where we see Bandai doing multiple liveries, even non-canon ones.

51 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Have to agree that the price is high on the HMR. I had thought about getting one, but now not sure.

I wonder if the development and mold costs on a brand new design are a factor, especially given that they can't spread out the cost over multiple repaints (though they could do an Olson version). Different from a Macross VF, where we see Bandai doing multiple liveries, even non-canon ones.

Also, not to mention the complexity of its transformation compared to the VF-1's, including the VF-0's. Bandai only need to update a few parts to do Olson's and the Cannon Fodders variants and still sell it for the same price. Which I don't know if I'm going to pursue and get the remaining two if Bandai makes it. If so, I might end up selling an extra set of the Hi-Spec ones.

True that its price has already surpassed Metal Robot Damashii and already entered the basic Metal Build pricing. It's still nice to know though that there will be an alternative for it which is the Moderoid kit. If only I don't need to paint it and not scratch it when transforming it, I'll welcome the kit.

Before I only wish to have a figure due to the fact that I missed out owning the old Takatoku's. And here I am getting my wishes fulfilled, but have second thoughts spending. Hahaha! :lol: 

Thanks for the comparison, @no3Ljm! I’m surprised by how many differences there are between the two. Each one seems to highlight different details, with the Hi-Spec giving a more curvy interpretation and the HMR bolder lines in Orgroid (bot) mode. The unique transformations, like how jenius noted the hands in Gerwalk mode. The two also appear to be using different reds for those accents and slightly different head sculpts.

I like them both, although I am hoping the HMR has improved posability.

Edited by technoblue

Was able to placed an order last night from HLJ. I decided to get one in case that there might be a Nikick figure ("again") down the line since I already gave up hope from the MegaHouse Variable Hi-Spec line. Let's see what the future holds for Orguss. ;) 

I was looking at this scan image below and tried using Google Translate on those texts. It looks like that it has a good heft of diecast metals in the torso, pelvic, and the knee joint. It's the brown colored parts not including the head and the wing intakes. The tan colored parts on the other hand, since it wasn't mentioned, I'm not sure if it's just differentiating plastic type material with the rest or it's the parts that can be changed to produce Olson and the Mass Production types.

Also, funny that one of the text discussions is the probe looking missile thing that was attached to the wing. According to Tenjin in one of his interviews with Miyatake-sensei, there wasn't any official name into it during the production and when the series got released. They're now calling it the 'Propolsion Booster'. ;) 

BC6D4BFF-37DA-4926-B2C2-A380E017A98F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Damn i missed this. I didn't even know about this release. One day i'll get an orguss.. i hope.

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Check AmiAmi tonight. Their PO starts March 2, 11pm Japan time.

What @no3Ljm said. And AJ might still put up some ‘sold and shipped’ from amazon.co.jp orders. 

So frustrated i missed this. I can't do the staying up all night thing anymore. I guess i will keep checking HLJ for the next couple months. they seem to have the macross ones pop back into stock occasionally.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Check AmiAmi tonight. Their PO starts March 2, 11pm Japan time.

Ok. Just want to correct my original post. It wasn't stated if it's AM or PM. Not sure if Amiami is using military time. It can be 11am or 11pm.

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

So frustrated i missed this. I can't do the staying up all night thing anymore. I guess i will keep checking HLJ for the next couple months. they seem to have the macross ones pop back into stock occasionally.

As of this post, it's 7:46am now in Japan. March 2nd. Try to check the Amiami link above if it's going to work in 3 hours. If not, then check back after 12 hours from it. Right now, out of those links posted above, Amiami is your best chance to place an order. Hope that helps. :good: 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Just want to correct my original post. It wasn't stated if it's AM or PM. Not sure if Amiami is using military time. It can be 11am or 11pm.

As of this post, it's 7:46am now in Japan. March 2nd. Try to check the Amiami link above if it's going to work in 3 hours. If not, then check back after 12 hours from it. Right now, out of those links posted above, Amiami is your best chance to place an order. Hope that helps. :good: 

I'm so bad at time conversion. So i should check at 6pm PST and then 6am PST?

Have there been any pics posted on any of the hobby mags or elsewhere that shows an HMR VF-1 and this HMR Orgroid next to each other?  

Based on the stats, it seems to be taller than the HMR VF-1....the only reason why I would be interested in buying a copy of this is to pop a VF-1A head onto it to re-create an Orguss Valk....will the HMR VF-1A head be too small based on the available size stats for the HMR Orgroid?

FB2oTTJ.jpeg

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Have there been any pics posted on any of the hobby mags or elsewhere that shows an HMR VF-1 and this HMR Orgroid next to each other?  

Based on the stats, it seems to be taller than the HMR VF-1....the only reason why I would be interested in buying a copy of this is to pop a VF-1A head onto it to re-create an Orguss Valk....will the HMR VF-1A head be too small based on the available size stats for the HMR Orgroid?

FB2oTTJ.jpeg

Hey @jvmacross.  I put them side-by-side and measured the VF-1A to the Orguss based on the given height measurement from their respective product descriptions. Hope it helps. :good:

hmr_orguss_vf1.jpg.5538e7a4a3a71c15d95d3476b4be7495.jpg

Edit: I checked the Hi-Metal R Xabungle page and it says 17cm. If you have one, you can probably use it to compare it with a VF-1 figure to have an idea how big this Orguss is going to be.

Edited by no3Ljm