2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Didn't know they had a sequel OVA!

It came out mid 90’s herein the U.S., oddly enough I saw this before actually seeing the original since I had to find a bootleg sub of the old one. I think it was 5 or six episodes 

DD5D8BAE-F5F7-43C3-B053-814ED8AB1984.jpeg

I kinda worded that strangely up above. I meant that it came to the U.S. around then, not that it was made here. It would show up on those previews right before the movie on the vhs tapes back in the day. It was back when tapes were still kinda popular and this one was fairly easy to find back then. In the 80’s my brother and I had a few of the old school toys that made it stateside, but didn’t know anything about the show. When I saw orgus 2 I needed to find the og stuff. A few years later dvds were big and found a bootleg. Good times. I think the official dvd didn’t make it here until more than a decade after that , so I bought that as well. I haven’t watched orgus 2 in years, not since I had an actual vhs player. I don’t really remember much from it

On 3/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, Big s said:

I kinda worded that strangely up above. I meant that it came to the U.S. around then, not that it was made here. It would show up on those previews right before the movie on the vhs tapes back in the day. It was back when tapes were still kinda popular and this one was fairly easy to find back then. In the 80’s my brother and I had a few of the old school toys that made it stateside, but didn’t know anything about the show. When I saw orgus 2 I needed to find the og stuff. A few years later dvds were big and found a bootleg. Good times. I think the official dvd didn’t make it here until more than a decade after that , so I bought that as well. I haven’t watched orgus 2 in years, not since I had an actual vhs player. I don’t really remember much from it

Here ya go:

https://www.wcoanimedub.tv/anime/choujikuu-seiki-orguss-02

• 4 months later...
On 3/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, jenius said:

Does anyone know about the quality of the Discotek blu-ray? Do they look good? 

I actually just got the US BD from amzn.  It went down to $40 or something last week, so I finally snagged it. 

I'm only a few episodes in, but the video seems very very nice and very clean.

From hazy memory, this Orguss US-BD's video quality reproduction seems much cleaner than the Voltes V and Kimagure Orange Road US-BD releases I have from Discotek.  

I will have to do a re-watch on those two titles just to properly verify, tho.

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Big s said:

That looks really awesome. Wonder if they’ll do that orgus Valkyrie since they have the license for both under the same toy line 

You know, I really hope they do. Bandai only appear to do canon schemes and that valk technically is.

8 hours ago, MKT said:

Always sort of regretted passing on the Megahouse Hi-Spec releases. So definitely will be getting the HMR version..

DSC_7300_s4_3zHLdctQINeOFbkSkWWMHZ3QqTxdI.jpg.cce9077cd47e951526a1c9c359c5ce12.jpg

DSC_7301_i0X4tpUd4RDzFUSk6wgyWy9sSqxmbJSl.jpg.38f8300e59555989d634ef30916b2f27.jpg

DSC_7302_axXaue4TrQZPA_kO04qR893nxNSgqzFS.jpg.f48b9192493bd32354dc61d049682a64.jpg

DSC_7303_ATp1U9cPzWKvjKF6QUcXhR-37rnCYfxO.jpg.4e9c315bf14e52debeea2ac41c6ce5f0.jpg

DSC_7304_pIE0aaoDmlniqkIVeiX8CiEvsv8s-2Bo.jpg.4d24d1ac35b25864bf8ce0baa39c2d86.jpg

DSC_7305_LdEUJcenOPvr-2JPw9-2u6M0Pb3AlLgW.jpg.62d1788cc23faad9a14cb526440d6795.jpg

DSC_7306_S_yeGCqmdFQQGH4-CPe1ywqs-LhTCbrB.jpg.5baeb789acbe86f2b5ed3900f31d6b9e.jpg

I'm IN for another Orguss figure. :good: 

6 hours ago, technoblue said:

Nice. HMR Orguss is promising, especially if we get more vehicles from the show this time out. ^_^

1 hour ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Would be nice if they bought back the M-Lovers. Despite the Takatokus notoriously fragile reputation, mine once fell off a table and survived, but the silver plastic that holds one of the fists is crumbling... 

Same here. I don't mind getting HMR Orguss line as long that they will do Bronco II, Nikick, M.Lovers, Ishkicks, Ishfon, Drifand Dal, Drifand Dee, as well. Hope I'm not asking too much. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

So any guesses as to the size/scale is this Orguss?

Assuming that the figure shown is close or near to standard HMR figures based on the stand used. (FYI: I used the bolt and nut section of the stand joint as a reference to compare it with a VF-1 on a Tamashii Stand.)

Best guess would be if the figure ends up at 14.5cm, it's 1/60. If it's 12cm, it's 1/72. Orguss official height is 8.7m. Hope that helps. :good: 

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Assuming that the figure shown is close or near to standard HMR figures based on the stand used. (FYI: I used the bolt and nut section of the stand joint as a reference to compare it with a VF-1 on a Tamashii Stand.)

Best guess would be if the figure ends up at 14.5cm, it's 1/60. If it's 12cm, it's 1/72. Orguss official height is 8.7m. Hope that helps. :good:

21 hours ago, treatment said:

My guess is the usual 1/WTF Bandai scaling.

Sizing looks to be 140mm in orgroid-mode.

:bigshok:

Good to know, thanks guys.

Hopefully we get a Nikick to go along with the Orguss, but seeing that the Dragonar stuff didn't yield a Falguen, I'm not holding my breath.

33 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I really hope they release this as a 1/60 scale. It would be a bit larger than the 1/100ish VF-1.

There’s a big chance that it’s going to be in that scale based on the display stand used on the figure. :good: 

I made this comparison image of ORGUSS from the previous Variable Action Hi-Spec CAD Drawing and the recent released Hi-Metal R CAD Drawing. I have and love the Hi-Spec figure. But I have to admit after seeing the HMR's CAD Drawing, I like the proportion of this version more. It's chunkier and somehow it's somewhere in the middle of the old Takatoku figure and the artwork of Takani Sensei. I'm really looking forward to have one and hopefully this time around Hi-Metal R will not stop on just the Orguss figures. :wub:;) 

ORGUSS_VA-HiSpec_HiMetalR.jpg.1f57d9dc09205232d11c2479bc326a83.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...