wait....whats the difference with teh one they released earlier this year? i'm not orguss expert (never seen the anime)...the one they released earlier thi syear was beautiful but i coudln't justify the price.

When compared to Kei's Orguss, Olson's Orguss should have a different paint scheme and some different molding. Most notably, the head. The transformation is basically the same with four modes: flyer, gerwalk, tank, and orgroid.

That's cool that they have 4 modes! do all of them have 4 modes or just this one? Their short and stocky stance makes them look pretty bad ass too! B))

I wouldn't mind having one just to mess about with but my hobby finances are too committed to Macross at the moment for me to justify buying anything else..

That's cool that they have 4 modes! do all of them have 4 modes or just this one? Their short and stocky stance makes them look pretty bad ass too! B))

I wouldn't mind having one just to mess about with but my hobby finances are too committed to Macross at the moment for me to justify buying anything else..

Not all of the mecha in this series have variable modes. IIRC, the Orguss is the most versatile. The Nikick, for instance, has the Macross standard three modes: flyer (fighter), gerwalk, and battle form (batroid). I'm hoping that this Orguss 2 tease means that we are also one step closer to a Nikick release. ;)

And it's probably a pipe dream, but getting Kei's pre-catastrophe Bronco II would be sweet.

You should try one, Spanner. Since this one will come out next year, better get it MSRP. Look how the price on the first Orguss command nowadays? They're shooting around $400 now. ;)

Not all of the mecha in this series have variable modes. IIRC, the Orguss is the most versatile. The Nikick, for instance, has the Macross standard three modes: flyer (fighter), gerwalk, and battle form (batroid). I'm hoping that this Orguss 2 tease means that we are also one step closer to a Nikick release. ;)

And it's probably a pipe dream, but getting Kei's pre-catastrophe Bronco II would be sweet.

Nikick would be nice too. But for sure they will milk again the pre-existing mold up to the Orguss II (Mass Production) which I also like. ;) I prefer this one than Olson's. Hehehe. But if ever they decided to release the CF ones later on, I'm all in. :lol: Bronco II... :wub:

yeah I gave it a quick Google and saw that. Still the ones do switch modes do it well but.... just not anywhere as good as a Valkyrie does! :p:D

Although I do rather like the Bronco! B))

Well, Valkyrie doesn't have a tank mode. Hahaha! :lol:

Try one, Spanner. You'll never regret it. ;)

Dang,

That interview/writeup makes me regret not buying the Megahouse Hi-Spec Orguss.

That's too bad. Me too. I was hoping to get two before but the price is really expensive. Anyways, Nippon-Yasan still has it for Y45000. And yes, the price really went up since the last time I checked it with them. :blink:

I'm just glad that Megahouse will release the Olson version. My Kei's Orguss is not alone anymore. ;)

Got my Discotek Orguss DVD set today. Unfortunately, it's definately mot from the newer HD remaster. The good news is that the subtitles are much better than the imagineasian dvd-r's from a few years ago.

• 1 month later...

I actually completely forgot that this thing commanded such an insane price.

I found my receipt for it the other day and froze for a millisecond after seeing how much I had paid, half thinking I'd WAY overpaid and didn't catch the error.

wait....whats the difference with teh one they released earlier this year? i'm not orguss expert (never seen the anime)...the one they released earlier thi syear was beautiful but i coudln't justify the price.

That's kind of how it is with anything Orguss related. Prices are just stupid expensive.

When is Olson due out?

TBA. ;)

I actually completely forgot that this thing commanded such an insane price.

I found my receipt for it the other day and froze for a millisecond after seeing how much I had paid, half thinking I'd WAY overpaid and didn't catch the error.

True. And I need to save the same amount yet again for this one. :lol:

If Olson is for 2016, hope they release the CF color in 2017. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.toysbuddyhk.com/forum/upload/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14418

more pics here. The first one was not to be missed by me and it wasn't. I longed for high quality Orguss mechs for a loooooong time. I'm grateful that my holy grail was handled by Megahouse as opposed to Evolution with the VF-2SS... my heart cries out to all who have waited for that one the way I waited for this.

... <--- (moment of silence)

It was worth every dollar. This certainly makes me hopeful for a CF and for enemy mecha to (Ni)kick it with my Orguss. Bronco II and some Emaan and Chillum "devices" in the plain ol' Variable Action line would be wicked sweet too. I can dream, can't I?

A SDFM VF-1A version of the Hi Spec would be sweet too.

They look so awesome side by side - damn I have such a love/hate relationship with my favorite anime mecha. They are so niche, and so expensive - but soooo beautiful! It's awesome that these are being made - Megahouse seems to have come a LONG way since they did the cyclones or the little palm action orgroid. If it was successful enough to do the Olsen, I hope we can see a transformable Nickick in the future too!

YEEEEP! My wife agreed to buy this one for me. It won't be around in time for my birthday but I aint waiting until Christmas if this is out in July(ish). ...anniversary present? Is that an okay thing to want for our anniversary? I may have to dodge a frying pan or two, but I'm gonna' ask her :p

Edited by warrhead

oh, no, she doesn't want one for herself, she just accepts me(ish). The answer: buy more, buy everything you feel inclined to have and be proud.. Be what you be and love what you love. Find a nerdy girl who'll think it's awesome... these days it's not even that rare of a find. Your love of robots is no more or less childish than a grown man's obsession with sports and sports memorabilia, it's just more stigmatized.

• 1 month later...