It's been awhile... just got my notification from AmiAmi. Hopefully it will arrive by next week. Wishing I have a budget for a second one. :rolleyes:

Found some new info and new images via Dengeki and Megahobby blog sites:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/62296/

http://www.megahobby.jp/va_blog/article/554/

http://www.megahobby.jp/va_blog/article/547/

post-5552-0-51440000-1427870161_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-54617600-1427870168_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-48498300-1427870175_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-77359500-1427870181_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-29373200-1427870191_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-28263900-1427870202_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-18098100-1427870210_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-39356700-1427870216_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-26992500-1427870223_thumb.jpg

Selected photos from 2chan:

post-5552-0-36333000-1428043244_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-39148600-1428043250_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-92174400-1428043357_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-78900600-1428043272_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-92597800-1428043282_thumb.jpg

Love the height comparison. It has a decent height besides DX Valks.

post-5552-0-30060600-1428043296_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-50975400-1428043309_thumb.jpg

Back-side attachment during Tank Mode to make it anime-accurate.

post-5552-0-17380700-1428043318_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-70833300-1428043343_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-53975800-1428043327_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-06796800-1428043719_thumb.jpg

VF-1 inspired hand transformation.

post-5552-0-62291200-1428043487_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-95730900-1428044035_thumb.jpg

QC issue. Guess, the white is painted over the clear green canopy. Box comparison from Takatoku.

But all in all, love it. :wub: Now I wish there will be an Olson Special in the works soon. If not, need a big budget to buy for a second one. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

None as iconic as the main one - which they are correctly releasing first.

If this ends up in the bargain bin, we probably won't see any other variants.

This is only the second time I have pre-ordered something like this ---- its on the way to me now.

I will be watching to see how much being an early bird has cost myself . . .

Edited by DarrinG

None as iconic as the main one - which they are correctly releasing first.

If this ends up in the bargain bin, we probably won't see any other variants.

This is only the second time I have pre-ordered something like this ---- its on the way to me now.

I will be watching to see how much being early bird has cost myself . . .

Hey DarrinG looking forward to your review as I'm sitting on the fence to see if this is worth getting. I hope it's not a floppy mess at that price :(

The price of Orguss got jacked up upon release. I am suspecting that it is due to low production numbers, maybe something similar to ThreeA.

It is surprising to see the Bandai Vilkiss getting pre-orders closed even though it was also overpriced.

I guess Orguss did a better job than the niche Riobot characters. So Orguss is still more popular than Jehuty or Orgun.

Got this today. I love the packaging. It's matte-finish. Paying homage to the old Takatoku box back in the 80's which is superb by the way. And love the magnetic flap. About the figure, it looks great. It's kinda small, but it's the best Orguss figure out there. And it doesn't look like it came from MegaHouse. Quality-wise, it felt like Bandai made it. The thigh joint is slightly loose. I have to figure out next time if there's a way to tighten it up. Knee joint is somehow ratcheted. Same effect on Valks, you have to pull the knee joint so it can bend more forward to do a good A-stance. There's some minor flaw on the transformation lock joints. Some are just not too deep to keep the locking tabs in place. Esp on the shoulder joints and the locking tab on the back area. It's not a major issue, but it's just something to notice. Paint-wise, the figure came too clean and glossy. I love the paint apps. But you do have to watch for some paint scratching area when transforming it. When flipping the back area towards the shoulder area. It might hit or scratch some areas of the shoulder armor (white). In order not to get hit is move the shoulder armor away first before flipping the back area. This is when you transform it to Gerwalk or Flyer. Watch also on the area where the thigh and wing area meets. It's not also a biggie, but just watch out for those parts scratching when transforming the toy.

Overall, I like the quality and feel of the toy. It has a good diecast content to make the figure sturdy and heavy. It also has 'parts-swapping' when transforming the toy. Well, it's not actually a parts-swapping, but it's more like a 'parts-filler' to make it anime-accurate. You have to attach some parts to cover some joints or gaps during Gerwalk and Tank mode. Not sure on the Flyer though since I didn't check. It's not a big concern for me. But it's good that they did supplied for a gap filler instead of leaving the figure with an exposed joints or big gaps.

I did have plans before on getting an extra one just in case that this will be the 'last' decent Orguss figure that we're going to see. But it's the killer price that's stopping me. That's why I'm just gonna keep one. However, I do and I'm willing to spend the same amount again if they're going to release an Olson Special or an Orguss II (CF) in the future. But for now, I'm happy for what I have. ;)

Here's some photos I took earlier to show comparison on the 1/60 VF-1 (ver2). Sorry about the quality though. I just used my iPhone. Anyways, enjoy!

IMG_0149_zps7w6djkuh.jpgIMG_0150_zps6tcnf2tc.jpgIMG_0152_zps7tpdhqal.jpgIMG_0157_zpscziwq2v5.jpgIMG_0160_zpsnqcxhzo8.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Got this today. I love the packaging. It's matte-finish. Paying homage to the old Takatoku box back in the 80's which is superb by the way. And love the magnetic flap. About the figure, it looks great. It's kinda small, but it's the best Orguss figure out there. And it doesn't look like it came from MegaHouse. Quality-wise, it felt like Bandai made it. The thigh joint is slightly loose. I have to figure out next time if there's a way to tighten it up. Knee joint is somehow ratcheted. Same effect on Valks, you have to pull the knee joint so it can bend more forward to do a good A-stance. There's some minor flaw on the transformation lock joints. Some are just not too deep to keep the locking tabs in place. Esp on the shoulder joints and the locking tab on the back area. It's not a major issue, but it's just something to notice. Paint-wise, the figure came too clean and glossy. I love the paint apps. But you do have to watch for some paint scratching area when transforming it. When flipping the back area towards the shoulder area. It might hit or scratch some areas of the shoulder armor (white). In order not to get hit is move the shoulder armor away first before flipping the back area. This is when you transform it to Gerwalk or Flyer. Watch also on the area where the thigh and wing area meets. It's not also a biggie, but just watch out for those parts scratching when transforming the toy.

Overall, I like the quality and feel of the toy. It has a good diecast content to make the figure sturdy and heavy. It also has 'parts-swapping' when transforming the toy. Well, it's not actually a parts-swapping, but it's more like a 'parts-filler' to make it anime-accurate. You have to attach some parts to cover some joints or gaps during Gerwalk and Tank mode. Not sure on the Flyer though since I didn't check. It's not a big concern for me. But it's good that they did supplied for a gap filler instead of leaving the figure with an exposed joints or big gaps.

I did have plans before on getting an extra one just in case that this will be the 'last' decent Orguss figure that we're going to see. But it's the killer price that's stopping me. That's why I'm just gonna keep one. However, I do and I'm willing to spend the same amount again if they're going to release an Olson Special or an Orguss II (CF) in the future. But for now, I'm happy for what I have. ;)

Here's some photos I took earlier to show comparison on the 1/60 VF-1 (ver2). Sorry about the quality though. I just used my iPhone. Anyways, enjoy!

IMG_0149_zps7w6djkuh.jpgIMG_0150_zps6tcnf2tc.jpgIMG_0152_zps7tpdhqal.jpgIMG_0157_zpscziwq2v5.jpgIMG_0160_zpsnqcxhzo8.jpg

you said that it feels like bandai made it. does it basically feel like a dx chogokin valkyrie except...its an orguss?

Thanks for the review! For around $300 I was expecting more than a toy that has issues with locking down parts and loose hip joints. The toy looks great from the pics but the QC is concerning :wacko:

you said that it feels like bandai made it. does it basically feel like a dx chogokin valkyrie except...its an orguss?

Yup. It does feel like holding a Bandai DX Valks that has a good paint application. ^_^

Thanks for the review! For around $300 I was expecting more than a toy that has issues with locking down parts and loose hip joints. The toy looks great from the pics but the QC is concerning :wacko:

You're welcome. Don't get me wrong on the locking tabs and hip joints. Probably some random figure have a different take on the joints and tabs. It's just so happen that the one I got had some minor issues on the locking tabs. Not a biggie though. But even it didn't lock properly, it didn't collapse or anything. And the locking tabs that I mentioned were hidden upon transformation. And for sure, it will hold properly if you apply those 'parts-filler' things. I only said this because I didn't apply those parts-filler myself when I was checking the figure last night. I just transform the figure from Orgroid to Gerwalk. But looking also on the manual the parts-filler covers the transformation mechanism locking tabs at the back. So I assumed it will hold properly. The slightly loose joints on the thigh probably because of the pull and push feature of the joint itself. Pulling for Gerwalk mode and pushing for Orgroid mode. I have a feeling that if those were super tight as well, there will be more paint scratching going to happen when you transform the figure.

But you're right, for a $300 small toy, we have to expect more from it. ;)

I still can't justify buying this. I never ever saw the show but had some old, little Orguss thing that was branded Robotech when I was a kid. It reminds me of many different shmup-type ships but the money and shelf-space aren't there.

I do hope some people most more pictures or create a review/transformation video so we can get a better look at it.

no3ljm, on 07 Apr 2015 - 01:30, said: Got this today. I love the packaging. It's matte-finish. Paying homage to the old Takatoku box back in the 80's which is superb by the way. And love the magnetic flap. About the figure, it looks great. It's kinda small, but it's the best Orguss figure out there. And it doesn't look like it came from MegaHouse. Quality-wise, it felt like Bandai made it.

This is because MegaHouse is a part of Bandai / Namco: http://www.megahouse.co.jp/

I picked up this Megahouse SD Dunbine only because it was 99 cents on eBay. (hate sd stuff really)

Its a $60 to $80 fig listed everywhere else.

From the packaging to extras and look and feel - all pretty top notch.

Some of the joints were a little floppy, and by the sounds of the Orguss its following suit.

Seems like Megahouse / Bandai has stepped it up a notch from their Mospeada ride-armor figs (that I've long sold off by now).

They just need to get tight, clicky joints across the board . . .

post-8486-0-79645500-1428518956_thumb.jpg