R.I.P Philip Seymour Hoffman

taksraven

Man, I can't believe it. He was only 46! It's such a shame. Such great performances in films like Magnolia, Capote, Happiness, The Master etc.. Heck he even made a piece of garbage like Along Came Polly watchable thanks to his role in it.

R.I.P.

With all due respect to the dead how is this considered on topic when the RIP thread for James Avery(Uncle Phil) who also voiced Shredder from TMNT and did voices for Fist Of The North Star was considered "off topic"?

Not trying to put down James Avery or his achievements in any way, and sure PSH didn't do too much SF but PSH was one of THE great actors of his generation and I am sure that most of us here have enjoyed his work in some way.

Don't be annoyed renegade, just let people pay their tributes.

Tribute threads never last too long here anyway.

With all due respect to the dead how is this considered on topic when the RIP thread for James Avery(Uncle Phil) who also voiced Shredder from TMNT and did voices for Fist Of The North Star was considered "off topic"?

I thought the same thing when that thread got locked.

Not trying to put down James Avery or his achievements in any way, and sure PSH didn't do too much SF but PSH was one of THE great actors of his generation and I am sure that most of us here have enjoyed his work in some way.

Don't be annoyed renegade, just let people pay their tributes.

Tribute threads never last too long here anyway.

To be perfectly honest, I've never seen any of Hoffman's movies. NONE OF THEM. When my Facebook started lighting up with people mentioning his death, I thought "Big deal!" Looked up his filmography on IMDB and realized why I don't seem to have any interest.

The point is, it's all subjective. James Avery was important to me because I loved to watch TMNT as a kid and loved Fresh Prince. I don't think his thread deserved to get locked after three posts. Regardless, sorry to hear the news. Always sad when they die so young.