As far as I can see there isn't a thread on it, and there should be because it looks all kinds of awesome. not for everybody but it looks like its going to be sweet.

its like a blend of super robot, mecha, and samurai-ish aesthetics. also robots with capes are almost always cool.

toy wise its 18" tall and 100 points of articulation and includes the pilot figure (and will be wildly out of scale with anything remotely macross because it seems the pilot is between 5-6" tall or so)....

i don't usually collect random stuff but sometimes cool stuff happens. gonna try to get myself one of these. i wish there was some supporting fiction or art other than that video.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/11/bandai-x-threezero-x-kunio-okawara.html

I've pre-ordered one a while ago.

I'm a massive fan of original (as in not affiliated with video games or movies) high-end figures like this. This fig just hits the mark on everything I like about robots: gorgeous weathering, fabric garments, cross-genre design, and it even comes with a fully articulated pilot figure to lend it a sense of scale.

Truth be told, I actually passed on the Arcadia YF-19 to get this. The Yammie 1/60 V1 version's good enough for me (at least it's not the 1/72 scale one :lol: ), but this I gotta have!

this is a first for me. I rarely collect anything outside things related to a few franchises and rarely things not related to those franchises that are somewhat big ticket items. this thing just made me forget the rules. There have been a few items like this over the years that tickled my fancy like this that i always found out about after the fact or i passed up on because it wasn't in the realm of what i collect...i've always regretted not getting them later on....that is part of what made me jump on this. BTW, you have any examples of similar things like this (original or slightly obccure high end mecha or robot figures )?

@Mechapilot77: Well, Industria Mechanika is a good place to look for original designs. Sadly, they're all either resin statues or garage model kits, and are mostly beyond my skill levels as an intermediate modeler.

Still, the designs are gorgeous, especially the Rook and Drone Sniper.

@xrentonx: LOL! If it's good enough to pass on the V2 YF-19, yeah, I'm definitely no regretting this purchase!

Edited by GU-11

I've pre-ordered one a while ago. Truth be told, I actually passed on the Arcadia YF-19 to get this. The Yammie 1/60 V1 version's good enough for me (at least it's not the 1/72 scale one :lol: ), but this I gotta have!

Weird, it was the complete opposite for me, I gave up my pre-order for this to get the YF-19! It has been just a perfect storm of expenses recently and I had to give up some things. The Ghost does look nice though, it reminds me a lot of the Gespent from SRW.

Weird, it was the complete opposite for me, I gave up my pre-order for this to get the YF-19! It has been just a perfect storm of expenses recently and I had to give up some things. The Ghost does look nice though, it reminds me a lot of the Gespent from SRW.

Yeah well, if I didn't already have the Yammie 1/60 YF-19 and YF-21, it would have been a much harder decision. I just figured that I'd have to get an updated YF-21 in the future if I got the Arcadia YF-19, and it just wasn't worth the trouble or the cash. While the Arcadia version is certainly an improvement, I'm satisfied enough with the Yammie version that I don't feel much of a need for the new one, especially at that price.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to think of the Gespenst whenever they look at pics of the Ghost, especially the head.

Anything 3a has Ash's hand in its design. ThreeZero will not.

In that case, it's surprising that MG Rex turned out to be game-accurate. Those pics I saw of Wood's take on Iron Man and the Zaku looks like he took his creative license a little too far.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got my Full Metal Ghost.

As my first ever ThreeZero fig, I have to say I am utterly awed by the amount of detail and weathering on this thing. It looks like fricking metal, but it's actually plastic. Pretty light for its size, but that's actually a good thing here--doesn't burden the joints.

I'm glad to see that they tweaked the pilot's face; couldn't stand the monkey-esque look.

Batteries are no included, but I don't usually bother with light-up gimmicks anyway.

This thing is an absolute giant, and dwarfs just about anything displayed next to it. I'll have to keep it in the box for now, as I haven't really found a permanent (airtight) spot for it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my Full Metal Ghost.

As my first ever ThreeZero fig, I have to say I am utterly awed by the amount of detail and weathering on this thing. It looks like fricking metal, but it's actually plastic. Pretty light for its size, but that's actually a good thing here--doesn't burden the joints.

I'm glad to see that they tweaked the pilot's face; couldn't stand the monkey-esque look.

Batteries are no included, but I don't usually bother with light-up gimmicks anyway.

This thing is an absolute giant, and dwarfs just about anything displayed next to it. I'll have to keep it in the box for now, as I haven't really found a permanent (airtight) spot for it yet.

just got mine too...i'm on the fence on whether to open it or not just yet.

• 2 weeks later...