Vf-1D vs. VT-1

3D-Brainx

I have both, but I'd go with the VT-1 Ostrich. Every time I see it, in the box or out, the song "Sunset Beach" rings in my ear. That, and it just looks so awesome with all it's orange Fast packs and bright colored training goodness, it's hard to resist. It just looks so different from all the rest, if you want your collection to stand out, I'd go with that.

I prefer the TV variants....so VF-1D.....

The VT-1 will most likely get a re-issue this year...and it will be problem-free....the VF-1D will surely get re-issued as well, but probably not this year since it was just reissued...

Even if you find a VT-1 at retail price...why spend the money on an item that is more than likely going to have cracked shoulders or soon develop them even if never taken out of the box?

I say get the VF-1D 30th if at a good price (150-250 USD)....then wait for the VT-1 reissue

I have both, but I'd go with the VT-1 Ostrich. Every time I see it, in the box or out, the song "Sunset Beach" rings in my ear. That, and it just looks so awesome with all it's orange Fast packs and bright colored training goodness, it's hard to resist. It just looks so different from all the rest, if you want your collection to stand out, I'd go with that.

Agreed. I prefer the VT-1 as well, and for the same reason. I just love the Fast packs on this bird. Makes it really unique.

which are you more attached to? i say get the vf-1d, wait for a vt-1 reissue. the vf-1d 30th anny set is as good as that vf-1d will get. a vt-1 if reissued will have better shoulders.

IMHO vt1+shapeways shoulders FTW. VF-1Ds are easier to find.

then you'd have to paint the shapeways parts to match...this isn't a white or offwhite valk so the shapeways ones won't even sort of look right without matching paint.

In terms of design and impact: VT-1 hands down. But the VT-1 is a risky purchase and if you're on the fence, meaning you like each design about the same, I'd say go VF-1D for peace of mind.

That said, I just bought a used VT-1 and don't regret it one bit. Love that design.

Edit: As was mentioned above, you also have the option to get replacement shoulders from shapeways, if you do end up with a cracked shoulder VT-1

Edited by Raptor One

Pffff...VT-1 easy! There are shoulder fixes available!

Edit: assuming money being no object and you need it NOW and you don't mind not color matching the inner shoulders. Doesn't bother me because I just use my imagination that inner support structures can be a different color...like delicious black!

Edited by xrentonx

in my case i cant tell you which one to get because the two seater valks are my favorite and i have both of them. if i had to sell my collection i would never get rid of my 1d and vt-1.

in your case what do you like the most? the tv show or the movie? maybe the answer to that question would help you decide.

Hy Guys! Thanks for the imput.

I wasn't aware that the v2 VT-1 had exploding shoulders and I'm aware that the VF-1D 30th anniversary is as good as the VF-1 mold would ever get. But I'm taking skullmilitias advice and I'm waiting at least until WF and see what Arcadia has to show there.

Thanks again Guys!

I'm not dying to get an ostrich. I'd like to see Arcadia update it, but that could be a few years away or never.

I don't think it's worth the money people are paying, though I understand the desire to collect rare valks.

I paid $200 and something for the Elint, and I feel it's probably a better piece than the Ostrich.

Hi there Guys !!!

I see some of you say it´s easier to get a VF-1D valk ¿Yamato? nowadays. I'd like to know if you have an example of availability and good price since I´ve been looking for a Yamato one !!

PD: I´m a new guy on the MW block, I´m happy to know there is a site to chat many other Macross addicts. Thank you !!!