Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Hoping for some Help

I received my 2nd copy of the Ozma 29 today and noticed something that seems to be a trend and I wanted to confirm it with others on here before I attempt a return. On both of my Ozma 29's the left leg wobbles left to right at the connection piece that goes into the metal intake. Its the gray piece that connects into the rear of the metal intake. I opened it up and there is no defect it just wobbles and the right side does not. Could you guys please check yours and let me know?

Hoping for some Help

I received my 2nd copy of the Ozma 29 today and noticed something that seems to be a trend and I wanted to confirm it with others on here before I attempt a return. On both of my Ozma 29's the left leg wobbles left to right at the connection piece that goes into the metal intake. Its the gray piece that connects into the rear of the metal intake. I opened it up and there is no defect it just wobbles and the right side does not. Could you guys please check yours and let me know?

I only got one copy but mine is tight.

10498577_10152344194987861_2992151619280

I know exactly what you mean, I just keep it in fighter mode the entire time, which sort of sucks because battroid is the biggest draw (for me at least) to this 29. I didn't really like the other schemes of the 29, but like the 25S specifically for the head aesthetics and the fighter (lesser extent). I just keep it in fighter mode for now though as putting the toy through its paces seems to be a chore and since I have one I am trying not to break its head off until I can track another down if they ever reissue....

I know exactly what you mean, I just keep it in fighter mode the entire time, which sort of sucks because battroid is the biggest draw (for me at least) to this 29. I didn't really like the other schemes of the 29, but like the 25S specifically for the head aesthetics and the fighter (lesser extent). I just keep it in fighter mode for now though as putting the toy through its paces seems to be a chore and since I have one I am trying not to break its head off until I can track another down if they ever reissue....

Coming from my experience with the Isamu and Alto, the fighter mode really pops with the super parts. I'm sure you'll appreciate the Ozma once the super parts are released. Battroid is different, but the sleek fighter is pretty cool.

I have a new hatred for YF-29S. It is very frustrating transforming it back to gerwalk or fighter due to the head being difficult to push back in. I have to remove the head lasers to avoid breaking it.

That's weird, because the YF-29S transforms like any other YF-29 or YF-25 in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been looking for a while. Where can I still find one at a reasonable price? Thanks

Reasonable is subjective, but they seem to continually show up at Mandarake for around $ 250 to $ 280 dollars. Maybe those that use Yahoo! Japan Auctions can provide insight as to whether or not they show up at lower prices.

-b.

Reasonable is subjective, but they seem to continually show up at Mandarake for around $ 250 to $ 280 dollars. Maybe those that use Yahoo! Japan Auctions can provide insight as to whether or not they show up at lower prices.

-b.

It is still relatively in-demand in Yahoo auctions. minimum of 22 to 24k yen without commission so it is a lot better to get the 250 at Mandarake while they are still available.

I was wondering, why do the different 29 paint variants have different prices? Aside from the popularity of the pilot, does it have anything to do with how it was released?

of course it has to do with the popularity and the over-all look of the valk or in this case, the color plus the fact that Bandai valk has always supplies issues (with the exception of the Tamashii online release which is made to order)

I was wondering, why do the different 29 paint variants have different prices? Aside from the popularity of the pilot, does it have anything to do with how it was released?

Yes. Anyone and everyone could get the Tamashii exclusive Isamu before it was released which is why there's so many still reasonably priced. In the future it may be more expensive. Hard to tell considering there's still quite a bit of stock now.

The other 3 however were just general releases and Bandai with general releases usually mean low supply with high demand. So the aftermarket is priced higher as probably not everyone had the chance to grab one when they could at release.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Have been looking for a while. Where can I still find one at a reasonable price? Thanks

you looking for one? pm me i have 6.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yup, saw that e-mail this morning. Pretty cool. Right now my Ozma is in Battroid so I'm not sure if I'll put them on immediately or not. If it were in Gerwalk or Fighter I'd slap them on, but we'll see. I wish I had bought two Isamu and two Ozma as I think they both look good in Gerwalk with the parts but both have their own looks/charms in Battroid plus great color schemes for fighter mode. I'd have mixed/match the super and non-super for each mode I think. I guess Isamu is still relatively easy to track down at non-outrageous prices but I'd prefer a secondary Ozma for that low-viz look in fighter or gerwalk with the super parts.

Got my payment request from N-Y for Super parts, and tried their (new?) credit card option, via Hi-Pay. Googling, it seems legit, but isn't going through. Called card company---they show no activity/attempts, they're not "refusing" it on their ned.

Anyone tried paying N-Y via credit card (directly, not paypal) lately?

Same thing here. Payment got rejected. But I didn't bother calling credit card company to see if I had to authorize payment to Hi-pay. Just went with Paypal 'cuz I'm to impatient to save a couple bucks. Sucks though as the Hi-pay rate was better than the Paypal rate.

While I didn't get my payment request for the G Tornado part, I got them for the Ozma 29 Super Parts. Strange how it seems to be happening for me like that. Sorry that yours is being strange too Loop. I know how annoying that can be. If you happen to take a break from the site for a while, you might miss that the payment requests were even made. It was MW that let me realize that I should pay for the aforementioned Tornado parts.

So while I was taking mine apart to repaint the canopy purple, I noticed that the gray on the LERX is a completely different color than the rest of the valk and looks so out of place. I don't know why I didn't notice that before. Is it supposed to be like that or is it just Bandai applying completely unnecessary paint?

It's Bandai applying TWO LAYERS of unnecessary paint. It was discussed a while back in here, but those lighter gray panels are actually covering black... which is covering the naturally matching dark gray plastic used on the rest of the plane.

Yep.. they screwed up the masking, and painted something that didn't need to be painted, then tried to cover it up by painting over it again with a third color that didn't match.