Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Finally got shipping notification from N-Y. Now what the heck is Special Services Mail...?

It is going to be specially flown by one of the VF for quicker delivery. Lol.

I believe it is going to be flown by either the following special service method:

- Registered Mail

- Insured Mail

- Advice of Delivery

- Express Mail

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/index_en.html

Thinning the tab for the left intake cover a smidge actually makes it more secure----it's loose because it can't go in all the way to be fully latched, not loose because there's too much clearance.

Thanks for explain

Thinning the tab for the left intake cover a smidge actually makes it more secure----it's loose because it can't go in all the way to be fully latched, not loose because there's too much clearance.

Thanks for explaining that! I secured it with a bit of Bluetack in the meantime.

What part of the cover needs to be thinned?

Assuming everything is in fighter mode positioning:

There is a tab poking upwards from the top of the intake-piece that goes into a slot inside the intake's roof. Thin that tab a bit. I think I made mine about half as thick, removing from the front side. But this can certainly vary valk-to-valk I think. Mainly I just compared it to my well-fitting right-side-piece, and carved the left one's tab to match it.

I posted about a week ago about receiving an answer on my two 29's. I had a "prep in progress" around 4 days ago and JUST received the shipping notice and details today.

I'm sure they will get to you, but sending off another ticket wouldn't hurt!

^ :wub:

Especially that last Battroid pic.

-b.

Cool pic.... Love the cool black background ^.^

Thank you both. :)

What really amazes me about the Ozma is the paint Bandai used for the eyes. It reflects the light nicely; in the first and last photos it looks as though I installed an LED in the head but that's just the light reflecting off the paint, no photo shopped effects added.

Edited by Saburo

Now that you mentioned it, it really looks lighted up by LED, especially when the colour is reflected on the mouthplate.

Yes, the reflection on the mouth plate.

I was wondering what the discoloration on the mouth plate was when I was processing the photo and realized that it was the reflection from the eye. Good job Bandai!

Edited by Saburo

Does anyone where or if a 3d Rendering/Plan for the YF-29's pauldron Connector exists?
Its that simple C shaped connector that snaps onto the peg in the shoulder, but I have a feeling like it could snap during a transformation or mishandle.
If possible, I'd like to go down to my local 3d Printer and print out some spares in case of a worst case scenario.

no worry those connectors are pretty sturdy. I have 8 yf-29's and not a single issue with the connectors.

Does anyone where or if a 3d Rendering/Plan for the YF-29's pauldron Connector exists?
Its that simple C shaped connector that snaps onto the peg in the shoulder, but I have a feeling like it could snap during a transformation or mishandle.
If possible, I'd like to go down to my local 3d Printer and print out some spares in case of a worst case scenario.

Guest davidwhangchoi

2 more came in today:

photo2_zpsaa88c719.jpgphoto11_zps2c39bba8.jpg

i got one more coming in then i'm done, i need 3 more supers

Edited by davidwhangchoi

2 more came in today:

-snip-

5?! And some people didn't get any. Lol.

I know who I'm looking for if I suddenly feel like getting one. :p

Edited by Falcon18

2 more came in today:

*snip*

post-357-0-29823200-1401479069_thumb.jpg

Glad I didn't sell you my one!

All jokes aside, impressive. :D

-b.

*edit for spelling

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Guest davidwhangchoi

Glad I didn't sell you my one!

All jokes aside, impressive. :D

I really thought this would be a shelf warmer so i only ordered one. when i thought you were going to cancel yours i didn't mind taking it as a double. one to keep boxed and one to play. but i had one on hlj that i forgot to cancel so i had to pay for it as well. a few weeks afterwards, once it was hard to find, that's when everyone found out the demand for these.

and the collector blood in me starting rising like a zentraedi and i couldn't suppress the instincts. as jvmacross posted in the market watch thread, the fun is in the hunt!

you never know, these can drop in price if bandai releases more in the wild...

Edited by davidwhangchoi