Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

ok now confirmed: everyone has them. i guess it's normal.

Or everyone has the potential to get them. I really think that the main culprit is dark plastic making them easy to see and maybe(?) tighter tolerances on this one helping to cause the stress marks.

-b.

Hard to tell from the images but does anyone has a green tint on their yellow trim? On the images they look all very saturated.

My YF-21 Gnu-Dou has only one layer of yellow paint on the cowl. I fear that my YF-29 has the same issue. The worst area are the yellow lines around the missile pods on the legs.

Not a green tint, but on mine, the yellows are painted on with a very thin coat, so the grays and blacks kind of show through a little.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i asked my contact in Japan and he said the pre-orders were ample and fine but the amount produced was the same as the other non web exclusive yf 29 releases but Bandai underestimated the popularity of it. He said that because ozma is popular it sold so well that the street availability after pre-orders is scarce (i pre-ordered one through him for 15000yen but when i asked for another he said it'll be 28000yen :blink: )

maybe they'll get more and the price drops:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Fair enough (I checked my 30th Anniversary and Isamu 29's yesterday evening as well - with none to be seen) but the issue is the stress marks are just a tad bit obvious on the darker plastic.

I don't think anyone is denying that these are toys and will get a blemish here or there, but not out of the box as some have seen and speaking for myself I don't want my $ 200 toy to look like it fell of the desk or cabinet.

-b.

Agreed. You should hear what happened to my renewal VF25S. Came missing the hip vents and crotch piece after paying a pirates ransom for it. After that, any minor strees marks I am pretty much ok with it.

Agreed. You should hear what happened to my renewal VF25S. Came missing the hip vents and crotch piece after paying a pirates ransom for it. After that, any minor strees marks I am pretty much ok with it.

TCracker that sucks, sorry to hear about that - especially if you paid after-market prices. When faced with that issue though I see how your perspective on a stress mark here or there is that it's no big deal.

I get that Company A and B have their respective issues with quality and design but I wish they weren't so (relatively) prevalent when you consider time, effort and money spent to get these things.

-b.

I think paying 60 over retail is ridiculous for something that just came out less than a month ago.

Not only that, it's the same price as VF-25S ozzies I've seen on Mandarake in the past...

Edited by Duymon

I think paying 60 over retail is ridiculous for something that just came out less than a month ago.

Not only that, it's the same price as VF-25S ozzies I've seen on Mandarake in the past...

Sometimes we pay over and above as soon as stock hits retail in HK. Suppose it's easier to just acknowledge it as the price for even being able to pick it up in a brick and mortar. Trying online without a PO becomes a joke.

When the VF-25G renewal was released it shot up to $270 day one. Got mine for 220 and that was the cheapest I'd seen it.

Wonder if Bandai will reissue this, considering how little stock is trickling out.

Hmmn,

Just noticed this on mine. Haven't transformed it yet.

339D3ED5-8215-423E-95A9-A7786F04F778.jpg

Anyone know what type of paint matches this? This being a Bandai product there has to be some Gunze paint that matches exactly

Tamiya Bronze is decently close, but Gunze Burnt Iron may be even closer. Looking at yours made me look closely at mine there, and I had some little bumps/bubbles in the paint there disturbing the otherwise very smooth and shiny surface---tried to very slightly scrape them with an xacto (which works well 99% of the time)---but just rubbing it with my t-shirt-covered fingernail scraped it off!

So the paint on the feet is very fragile folks! Don't mess with them at all.

Yeesh, frankly I'm deft enough with an xacto to be able to remove a tampo from on top of another tampo on top of paint, all while leaving the 2nd and 3rd layers perfectly fine. But this just foot-paint scraped right off. It's thin, with zero adhesion.

Hmmn,Tamiya Bronze is decently close, but Gunze Burnt Iron may be even closer. Looking at yours made me look closely at mine there, and I had some little bumps/bubbles in the paint there disturbing the otherwise very smooth and shiny surface---tried to very slightly scrape them with an xacto (which works well 99% of the time)---but just rubbing it with my t-shirt-covered fingernail scraped it off!So the paint on the feet is very fragile folks! Don't mess with them at all.Yeesh, frankly I'm deft enough with an xacto to be able to remove a tampo from on top of another tampo on top of paint, all while leaving the 2nd and 3rd layers perfectly fine. But this just foot-paint scraped right off. It's thin, with zero adhesion.

Thanks! I have some of the gunze burnt iron, ill give it a try on the inside of that piece to see how well it matches.

After seeing all this I now want the Ozma version again. Still really want the 30th anniversary version though :X

EDIT: Considering that the Alto and Roy version got reissues when do you guys think Bandai is going to start it for the Ozma?

Edited by ULessa

Hmm, can anyone enlighten me on how to preview shipping cost (EMS) for Mandrake. Wanna to check out the total price for the Ozma.

I am not sure there is a way to preview the cost for shipping on Mandarake. You submit the order and then they send you an invoice email that includes the shipping.

Depending what country you are located it may vary, but EMS shipping to the US is about 3200 yen.

Edited by Saburo

I am not sure there is a way to preview the cost for shipping on Mandarake. You submit the order and then they send you an invoice email that includes the shipping.

Depending what country you are located it may vary, but EMS shipping to the US is about 3200 yen.

Hmm, would you guys say its better to wait for the YF-29 Ozma reissue or fork out the difference in the after market.

I'm currently in Thailand for summer break so I guess the shipping is a tad bit lower. With the conversion rate it pretty much costs as much as buying from a local store (thats if they have it in stock). I really want the 30th Anniversary version but that will cost me roughly $310 (don't think Bandai will do 2nd run reissues). Thinking bought waiting for the reissue for Ozma just to get a Valk for pre-order price (and hopefully getting a YF-30 if it ever opens up).

One thing I just thought about is the idea of playing after market prices so I don't have to spend so much time hunting down the Valks in stores all the time. My time spent looking at these could have been alot more productive :D

Im stumped, how do i take the foot apart? There is one screw on the inside of the foot and i removed it but the outer part wont budge. Is it glued?

Bandai does superglue some bits, wouldn't be surprised if you found a spot that is.

LOL, I knew you were, but I am always up for a challenge.

Here you go.

:D Looks great!

Hmm, would you guys say its better to wait for the YF-29 Ozma reissue or fork out the difference in the after market.

I'm currently in Thailand for summer break so I guess the shipping is a tad bit lower. With the conversion rate it pretty much costs as much as buying from a local store (thats if they have it in stock). I really want the 30th Anniversary version but that will cost me roughly $310 (don't think Bandai will do 2nd run reissues). Thinking bought waiting for the reissue for Ozma just to get a Valk for pre-order price (and hopefully getting a YF-30 if it ever opens up).

One thing I just thought about is the idea of playing after market prices so I don't have to spend so much time hunting down the Valks in stores all the time. My time spent looking at these could have been alot more productive :D

That's such a hard call, as you say Bandai may or may not do a second run and other retailers like HLJ may still get in additional stock, OR they may not. Even if I didn't have an Ozma 29 I would not pay the $ 250 being asked for by that one shop on Mandarake but that's my personal choice - it all depends on how badly you want the item.

Tough call for sure and even tougher to predict what will happen with stock and after-market prices.

-b.

The store Thailand not sure available.

I have not ordered through the Thailand dealer a long time ago. I find I am using the Web site, because it's definitely different and cheaper than the dealer.
YF-29 Ozma lee I have 4 and preorder YF-30 more than 4.

Finally figured out what I don't like about this design, other than the forward-facing canards: too much fuselage, not enough wing. Battroid does look awesome though. No offense to those who do like it, I just never have and couldn't put my finger on what it was until talented people posted plane pics perfect for perusal.

Sorry, couldn't resist.