Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Luckily I have another one waiting in my PW at HLJ.....

However, this nonsense from NY is really bad....their shenanigans have reached a new low.....the only reason folks continue to "play their game" is simply because their reliability was so far perfect...and so I guess the extra amounts they charged compared to other sites was something that could be rationalized.

Now that their "system" seems to have failed....it is personally time for me to re-evaluate them as a retailer I can rely on for my Macross purchases.

I may have forgiven their "hiccup" this time...however, I was not pleased by how they handled it and how they basically flip-flopped on the email they sent to me (and apparently others as well):

Hello

Thank you for your order

We contacting you regarding this product Macross F - DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie Ozma Lee Custom Unfortunately we will be experiencing delay on this shipping due to too many cancellation from our customer, our supplier decided to cancel our orders We will be able to get more of them but it will take some times We understand if you rather not wait and cancel your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience

After requesting for the order to be cancelled...this was their reply:

Thank you for your message

We don't accept any cancellation on a pre order paid or unpaid.
Following too many cancellation we do not accept anymore cancellation paid or unpaid.
Our suppliers do not allow us any of them now
Any unpaid order or cancellation will conduct to the termination of your account.

Your ticket will be now close

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

then I pointed out the part that said: We understand if you rather not wait and cancel your order.

this was their reply:

In fact we inform you just regarding the delay, your order will be send the next week.
But this item is available.
We apology for the delay in the shipment.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Since I already have one at HLJ.....I went ahead and asked for a refund via Paypal...if they cancel the rest of my pre-orders and close my account...then I guess they will be out $600 (not to mention any future purchases)......

So basically, they had become my go-to for web exclusives.....what retailer should I be looking at going forward?

Am waiting too, i choose SAL, what was your shipping option?

EMS. I almost went FedEx this time. I wonder it that would have made a difference.

I may have forgiven their "hiccup" this time...however, I was not pleased by how they handled it and how they basically flip-flopped on the email they sent to me (and apparently others as well):

That is really bad. They said they'd cancel in the delay email so they should honor that. They should have waited on sending the delay email If they had expected this clear up in a week's time.

I'm glad that this is the last big Macross product I want until maybe the VF-0D. I'll just get that one from HLJ since it seems like they ship fairly quickly now. They used to be SOOO SLOOOW. But that was a few years ago.

Luckily I have another one waiting in my PW at HLJ.....

However, this nonsense from NY is really bad....their shenanigans have reached a new low.....the only reason folks continue to "play their game" is simply because their reliability was so far perfect...and so I guess the extra amounts they charged compared to other sites was something that could be rationalized.

Now that their "system" seems to have failed....it is personally time for me to re-evaluate them as a retailer I can rely on for my Macross purchases.

Hello

Thank you for your order

We contacting you regarding this product Macross F - DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie Ozma Lee Custom Unfortunately we will be experiencing delay on this shipping due to too many cancellation from our customer, our supplier decided to cancel our orders We will be able to get more of them but it will take some times We understand if you rather not wait and cancel your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience

After requesting for the order to be cancelled...this was their reply:

We don't accept any cancellation on a pre order paid or unpaid.

Following too many cancellation we do not accept anymore cancellation paid or unpaid.

Our suppliers do not allow us any of them now

Any unpaid order or cancellation will conduct to the termination of your account.

Your ticket will be now close

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

Customer Service

then I pointed out the part that said: We understand if you rather not wait and cancel your order.

this was their reply:

In fact we inform you just regarding the delay, your order will be send the next week.

But this item is available.

We apology for the delay in the shipment.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

Customer Service

Since I already have one at HLJ.....I went ahead and asked for a refund via Paypal...if they cancel the rest of my pre-orders and close my account...then I guess they will be out $600 (not to mention any future purchases)......

So basically, they had become my go-to for web exclusives.....what retailer should I be looking at going forward?

I would be pissed off at them as well for that.

Mine is in the way from NY, it left the outward exchange. I'm not too pissed about a few days. What they did above though is absolute BS, tell you you can cancel and then try to hold you accountable for canceling. I think you are spot on.

You know, technically they never said it could be cancelled. All they said was they understand not wanting to wait and cancel. I understand you want to punch me in the face is not technically an invitation to actually punch me in the face.

Great Pics but i`m not digging the gunpod color. It stands out too much. They should have made it the same color as the Vf-25a`s gunpod.

Got mine. Joints are super tight! Other than that, I simply love the headsculpt. Definitely one of the better YF-29s after Isamu's.

p1070200.jpg

p1070206.jpg

p1070214.jpg

p1070215.jpg

p1070221.jpg

p1070223.jpg

p1070227.jpg

Great Pics but i`m not digging the gunpod color. It stands out too much. They should have made it the same color as the Vf-25a`s gunpod.

I think all of us are in agreement there. It was a mistake to leave the gunpod the same color. Especially considering the intakes on this 29 are the same color as the 25A gunpod. It would blend in real well.

i don't agree the gunpod should be the same as the 25A. they should make it game-accurate which is actually a light grey.

post-25-0-91052100-1400128894_thumb.jpg

Also, it looks like the weird lerx painting is also on the Game model (the weird lerx paint right after the intakes, on teh hip-guard.)

post-25-0-66221000-1400128969_thumb.jpg

Lastly, the skull-placement is game accurate and I think the fault lies on whoever designed the game model, not the toy-maker who recreated it :(

post-25-0-50414000-1400128970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

But we can't wait for your photos. :D

I wonder when we'd be able to see MacrossJunkie's weathering of this plane.

Thanks. :)

I had some free time this weekend to take photos too. Hopefully next weekend I can block out some time, that is if NY holds true to shipping out "beginning of next week".

I am also hoping to see MacrossJunkie's weathered version.

Protip: I'd suggest more sanding/scraping to remove the light grey LERX paint, at least near the border with the black. I'm going to be spending a lot more time touching up the black, than I did removing the light grey. ('cuz rubbing alcohol can and will find microscopic flaws in masking and seep underneath, far more than paint will) I have no idea how Duymon got such a perfect result from masking+rubbing alone.

Did discover that *all* the clear blue parts are transparent blue paint over clear plastic, and are easily removable. So I'm definitely going to repaint the fold crystal bits, too.

Just got mine in from CDJ yesterday and I love her so far! I gotta wait til the weekend to give her the first maiden transformation though <_<

I went ahead and modded the neck plate on my YF-29 after all. compared to the VF-25F, the disks that have to be drilled into are thinner, which made the whole process much more fiddly. took maybe an hour to do.

my original post on the mod if you're interested:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36536&p=1066782

anyone have any concers/complaints so far?
Leg doesnt seem to want to lock into place when changing it to fighter, but then again thats par for the course on a 29...
front vent pieces seem to come off easily too.

I'm thinking Bandai kinda "forgot" a latch they had half-designed in. Look at the underside of the turret---there's twin slots under each gun that look exactly like they'd be for latches on the legs, to clip into to lock the rear of fighter mode together. Only, the upper leg parts are pure VF-25, with no extra latches.

Replied to NY's message and told them I wanted to cancel. Got the "refund" status soon after.

Handled some of my Bandai's recently and I can say that I finally got tired of these things. Not much fun to transform.

Serious question; for those who consider VF-25/YF-29's to be hard/not fun to transform, what DO you consider a fun/easy to transform Macross toy? because of all the valks I've owned, the basic VF-25 is perhaps the single easiest and most intuitive to transform IMO.

I can see that the shoulder transformation for the Durandals are not very fun. However the VF-25/VF-27 are fun to transform. Not as much fun as some of my other transforming toys but that stems from the fact that those where designed to be transformable toys and no collector pieces/representation of on screen characters.

Edited by Scyla

Serious question; for those who consider VF-25/YF-29's to be hard/not fun to transform, what DO you consider a fun/easy to transform Macross toy? because of all the valks I've owned, the basic VF-25 is perhaps the single easiest and most intuitive to transform IMO.

Transforming a VF-11B is always fun! So easy and straight-forward. All others are like 3D puzzles with heart attack sauce :D

Edited by charger69

i don't agree the gunpod should be the same as the 25A. they should make it game-accurate which is actually a light grey.

Regardless, we all agree the color of the gunpod as it is now is wrong and there are better ways to color it.

Also, even though our toy is dark it's obviously a lot darker in those pics.

I agree, I can transform a 25 in about 2 minutes. With the 29 its just as simple but 2 things always get me.

1. being mindful of the canards, im always paranoid about breaking them so that slows me down

2. the damn neck plate on my 29 Alto never wants to go down, don't have that problem with the 30th or Isamu. .

I don't know why everyone says transforming YF-29's / 25's is so hard or boring. They obviously haven't been handling their VF-22's / YF-21's lately :p

LOL. YF-21 gave me a slight fever at the time. Took me 30 minutes to do it safely, and that's after and while watching visual guides.