Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

This happened to me once. I ordered Saint Cloth Myth Athena during low stock and got to the "thank you for your order page". Never got a confirmation email, it never appeared on my account. I emailed them and they claimed there wasn't and order registered. If it hasnt shown up on your account by now it probably wont :( This is one issue i have with their archaic system. EVery time something goes up for pre-order im afraid the same thing will happen again.

then confirm i wont get it..oh well...

The lerx light grey is painted over black. No clue why it's not a matching dark grey.....

I guess it has to to with the Battroid-Mode. In Battroid the light gray from the underside of the cockpit area is visible. I guess the light gray stripes should help the torso area to look a but wider and not as spindly. This is just a guess though.

Guest davidwhangchoi

.Cockpit is still really blue, but not opaque as other pics may have shown. prolly was the flash

thanks for the photos. the tint looks much better than in the other photos i've seen. though it's still dark, less candy like.

thanks, the canopy tint looks much better in this review. you can see the pilot.

P5111706.JPG

Edited by davidwhangchoi

If you ask me this is how Ozma's 25 should have been colored. It looks way better as a Charcoal Grey here.

Agree, the DX 25S would have looked cooler a bit darker. Although it might not have been screen or line-art accurate.

-b.

...and oh yeah, the Gunpod should have been metallic like the 25S/A.

-b.

I was thinking the gunpod should be colored the same as the engines on the wing. Though they might be the same, or similar, to the 25A (and ironically) the 25S gunpod. Will compare them when I get home tonight.

The lerx light grey is painted over black. No clue why it's not a matching dark grey.....

Probably because they have no concept of how to match shades of gray (like all the vf-25 knee joint nonsense). <_<

Anyway, as long as I'm not reading that backwards, and you mean it's light gray paint over black plastic, I might just remove it. That stupid light patch sticks out like a sore thumb, and matches absolutely nothing else on the upper half of the plane. Would probably look just fine as pure black.

Heck, it doesnt even match in battroid, it's just a random triangle patch of lighter gray on an otherwise black background. Honestly, the way they screw some things up in such blatantly stupid ways, it makes me think they do it on purpose so things don't look too good.

Edited by Chronocidal

I was thinking the gunpod should be colored the same as the engines on the wing. Though they might be the same, or similar, to the 25A (and ironically) the 25S gunpod. Will compare them when I get home tonight.

Cool, let us know. If the Gunpod has a metallic look then that would be a huge plus.

-b.

Probably because they have no concept of how to match shades of gray (like all the vf-25 knee joint nonsense). <_<

Anyway, as long as I'm not reading that backwards, and you mean it's light gray paint over black plastic, I might just remove it. That stupid light patch sticks out like a sore thumb, and matches absolutely nothing else on the upper half of the plane. Would probably look just fine as pure black.

It just "cuts off" in fighter mode at the rear edge. If it was angled or something to parallel the stripes it'd look OK. But as it is, just "stopping" at the edge of the piece---it REALLY looks like a mistake, even if they intended it. It really looks bad in fighter mode for only a slight improvement in battroid mode. I've mentally sketched out a few ideas to try to preserve it--but nothing I came up with really works. It's just gotta go.

(one idea is to actually add more light grey to help "blend" the area into the surroundings, which I intend to do in other areas in fighter mode---but adding more light grey "behind" the lerx then would add light grey to the battroid upper chest, which would be very obvious------simply removing the light grey there I think really is the best and easiest option)

Canopy news: There's a guy at the TFW2005 forums who re-casts transforming jet canopies in different colors for people who don't like the factory look. I've PM'd him and he's interested in doing YF-29 canopies. We could get most any color and intensity, from totally clear to pale lavender (-25 style) to a rich green one like the sample-version of the 30th Anniversary scheme.

I just don't have mine yet to show him exactly how the hinge mechanism works to see if it's feasible though, as that may be an issue with casting etc. He'd need to borrow a donor/sample of a canopy itself to create the mold from as he doesn't own a -29 himself (he does have some earlier Yamato valks etc), but it wouldn't be harmed and would be returned. It'd be best if he could borrow a whole -29 forward fuselage to test for fit etc, as molds often grow/shrink by a few percentage points from the master and he'd like it to fit just as perfectly as the original. Anyone have a -29 that's been disassembled for customizing or something to loan out for a bit?

This is an example of his work:

1011432_519689951443957_428086487_n.jpg This toy originally had a deep yellow-orange canopy, but he's made a light blue replacement.

And here's another, same situation (yellow replaced with blue):

8412062651_c0e8836e53_c.jpg

If you ask me this is how Ozma's 25 should have been colored. It looks way better as a Charcoal Grey here.

I agree with you. This darker grey looks richer.

Same here. Love the dark grey.

Photos make it look bad but it actually is nice in hand.

what just blows my mind the most about the lerx mismatch is that we know bandai had the color matched shade of grey paint for all the diecast parts of this valk yet they couldn't use that same paint on the plastic lerxes...

The gunpod really should be the same color as the Ozma 25S/25A Gunpod but otherwise I'm very happy with the color. I haven't transformed it to Battroid yet but the combination of body style and paint scheme makes this one of my top favorite Gerwalk modes.

Man...that split down the middle of the skull really is distracting. Starting to very much agree with IXTL and David H. about how it may have been better printed on the shield (that would have made Battroid that more bad-ass and eliminated the halfie skull emblem.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

-b.

grumble_comp.png

i'm starting to get hungry myself... time to get some wendy's

seeing the photos, it's darker than the low viz :wacko: that's pretty dark.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Man...that split down the middle of the skull really is distracting. Starting to very much agree with IXTL and David H. about how it may have been better printed on the shield (that would have made Battroid that more bad-ass and eliminated the halfie skull emblem.

-b.

Right? Hell, just a little further aft to the top of the laser turret would have been better too. Either way it would have had to be smaller, but that's a plus IMO.

Canopy news: There's a guy at the TFW2005 forums who re-casts transforming jet canopies in different colors for people who don't like the factory look. I've PM'd him and he's interested in doing YF-29 canopies. We could get most any color and intensity, from totally clear to pale lavender (-25 style) to a rich green one like the sample-version of the 30th Anniversary scheme.

I just don't have mine yet to show him exactly how the hinge mechanism works to see if it's feasible though, as that may be an issue with casting etc. He'd need to borrow a donor/sample of a canopy itself to create the mold from as he doesn't own a -29 himself (he does have some earlier Yamato valks etc), but it wouldn't be harmed and would be returned. It'd be best if he could borrow a whole -29 forward fuselage to test for fit etc, as molds often grow/shrink by a few percentage points from the master and he'd like it to fit just as perfectly as the original. Anyone have a -29 that's been disassembled for customizing or something to loan out for a bit?

This is an example of his work:

1011432_519689951443957_428086487_n.jpg This toy originally had a deep yellow-orange canopy, but he's made a light blue replacement.

And here's another, same situation (yellow replaced with blue):

8412062651_c0e8836e53_c.jpg

that is very cool. i think a lot of canopies would look better simply "smoke" grey colored or something subtle like that.

btw anyone else get a message from nippon yasan about their ozma 29? seems a lot of people cancelled? (i didn't)

"Hello

Thank you for your order

We contacting you regarding this product Macross F - DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie Ozma Lee Custom Unfortunately we will be experiencing delay on this shipping due to too many cancellation from our customer, our supplier decided to cancel our orders We will be able to get more of them but it will take some times We understand if you rather not wait and cancel your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience

If you have any question, feel free to ask us!

Kind regards "

NY sent notice that there'll be a delay in shipping (see previous post). Supplier (Bandai?) canceled their order due to too many customer preorder cancels. I wouldn't mind if NY would move to a payment required at time of preorder policy in order to stop people from getting preorders that they intend to drop if they find it cheaper.

Edited by Matt Random