Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

If this is released in May does that indicate that the YF-30 will be sold much later this year? I honestly thought the YF-30 would be next.

Well, with all the original engineering involved in the 30, it's probably relatively easy to pump out a few repaints of the 29 while they are working on it. Overall though, this is way more Macross 30 valks than I ever though we would get. Very cool.

Well, with all the original engineering involved in the 30, it's probably relatively easy to pump out a few repaints of the 29 while they are working on it. Overall though, this is way more Macross 30 valks than I ever though we would get. Very cool.

True, but I would rather have the YF-30 than Ozmas YF-29. However what I heard from the Isamu release of the Durandal Bandai tighten up the mold so I might order one if I can get a preorder in. The market seems to be cooled down a but after the last regular release but it's Ozma so you never know. ^_^

What magazine is this from? Usually it'll say what scale it is even though we know it's in 1/60. Or does it say that in Japanese?

This month's issue of Figure King.

I don't recall Bandai ever officially indicating the renewal (YF-29 Alto and later) DX valks being 1/60 scale, even though we know they are meant to be.

I don't recall Bandai ever officially indicating the renewal (YF-29 Alto and later) DX valks being 1/60 scale, even though we know they are meant to be.

thanks... I never realized that about the Durandals... just like their Koenig Monster.

any idea if this will be a retail release? Or better yet, a web exclusive? (I know we pay out the ass for web exclusives, but at least they're much easier to obtain).

Also, on the topic of Ozma, I really tried to like him, but I felt he just didn't get enough exposure. Still he has the nicest Valk in the series though. He also still needs to top Roy's efforts in flying and taking down enemies while drunk hehe.

I thought they were 1/72.... they are a lot bigger mechs than the VF-1's.

thanks... I never realized that about the Durandals... just like their Koenig Monster.

The Bandai Koenig Monster was meant to scale with the Robot Spirits Side VF toys.

I thought they were 1/72.... they are a lot bigger mechs than the VF-1's.

These are actually closer to the 1/60 scale, my lady built the 1/72's and they are lot smaller.

I don't see any mention of the online Shop 魂ウエブ商店 so it could be a regular release. Only reason to go preorder crazy would be for the discount if any.

Since it'll be out in May, most likely preorders will pop up in Feb. Fun Fun

But seriously... another... YF-29? YF-30 already yeesh

Since it looks like Bandai is on the release all YF-29's from Macross Frontier video game(s), how many iterations of the 29 are there?

YF-29 Alto

YF-29 Isamu

YF-29 Ozma

YF-29 30th Anniversary Edition

YF-29B Perceval

YF-29 ???

I tried searching but it looks like my Google skills are weak today.

-b.

*edit to add 30th Anniv and Perceval

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Since it looks like Bandai is on the release all YF-29's from Macross Frontier video game(s), how many iterations of the 29 are there?

YF-29 Alto

YF-29 Isamu

YF-29 Ozma

YF-29 ???

-b.

get ready sometime for YF-29 (ugh) Basara.

YF-29 Alto

YF-29 Isamu

YF-29 Ozma

YF-29 ???

-b.

As far as 29s Bandai has released, there's also the 30th anniversary edition, although I don't think it was in any game.

So is there any in-universe explanation for why Isamu's and Ozma's 29s have blue fold quartz or are they blue "just because"?

From everything we've seen of fold quartz, they've always been purple in its natural state prior to this. From the little vajra bacteria to the Nome family earrings passed on to Sheryl, as far as I can recall, they have all been purple in Frontier.

Could they be like lightsaber crystals and can be found in a variety of colors that were just not shown in the show or they can add in a different color in the already difficult refining process?

I think I'd prefer the "becusss" explanation at this point since any in-universe explanation is gonna be very unsatisfactory to me for what amounts to a magic rock. :D

Plus, I'm not too crazy about purple but blue is real pretty!

I just can't believe another repaint of a 29 is being announced before a reissue of Ozma's 25-S.

I know right, WtF?

I got to admit, it's hot though. I think if I don't hear about an impending 25s reissue come May I just might get this...

Miss the days when these things cost low enough to just buy multiples of both.

I know right, WtF?

I got to admit, it's hot though. I think if I don't hear about an impending 25s reissue come May I just might get this...

Miss the days when these things cost low enough to just buy multiples of both.

The problem is not the price but the limited amount released that couldnt satisfy the demand. With that said, seeing from the later 2013 releases, Bandai has increased the quantity they produce and shouldnt be much of a problem getting them at msrp or lower. (But i guess it also depends on the toy, since im referring to the RVF, 25A and the super 27 that even Hobby Search still have, Ozma custom might be a different story)

I know the frustration(me waiting too! :( ) but dont see why they have to rerelease the 25S prior to this though.

I pray that this is also a web exclusive so there wouldnt be problems during PO period. Plus, this release make me want to start a YF-29 collection since thats my favourite frontier mold.

The problem is not the price but the limited amount released that couldnt satisfy the demand. With that said, seeing from the later 2013 releases, Bandai has increased the quantity they produce and shouldnt be much of a problem getting them at msrp or lower. (But i guess it also depends on the toy, since im referring to the RVF, 25A and the super 27 that even Hobby Search still have, Ozma custom might be a different story)

I know the frustration(me waiting too! :( ) but dont see why they have to rerelease the 25S prior to this though.

I pray that this is also a web exclusive so there wouldnt be problems during PO period. Plus, this release make me want to start a YF-29 collection since thats my favourite frontier mold.

You might also want to take note that the YF-29 takes up a lot of shelf space, regardless of modes, due to its wing span. I'm gonna be hanging most of my YF-29 via fishing lines soon because they take up such precious shelf space.

True, but price gouging due to limited quantity existed then just as much. In general, prices, both retail and scalper prices are higher.

I do, however see that the quality and accuracy of these toys have increased proportionately to the prices. So much so, that I've awaken out of my valk hibernation because of it. ;) At least now the prices will aid me in fighting the impulse to buy every repaint they churn out.

Looking back at the images from the game I hope these magazine pics are just off colorwise. While the Valk is definitely a darker shade of Grey from Ozma's 25 it still needs to be light enough for a contrast between the Black lines and the rest of the Valk, which I feel isn't the case in these photos though that could be angle, lighting, etc... too.