Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

the pale blue just kind of looks like crap.

i was just talking to EXO the other day and remember both of you liked the original color better...

Screenshot_2014-07-27-12-58-30_zps38f194

going to have to admit both of you were right.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm not too happy with the recent pictures of the VF-0D. I hope in hand it looks a bit different. I think it has the color Kawamori has in his head for this Valkyrie no matter what the color was in the animation, images, paintings, etc. If this is the case I can life with that however I would be much happier with the color the VF-0D has in this image:

vf-0d.jpg

In the newest images it looks to clean and the differences between the white and the blue are too stark. However mine will sit for two month in my private warehouse so I hope to see some good images after some board members have it in hand. :)

The hope for a CF is my reason for only getting one. Though I don't care about the shade of blue, I do agree that the show color should be the lighter blue (going by day time shots out in the sun). That was never a point of contention with me anyway.

Is the textured look supposed to be weathering or part of the scheme?

It's quite possible--the current technique is to use actual salt (then rinse it off), as a sort of "mask" prior to applying traditional weathering techniques.Real salt:Salt22.jpgResult:Salt32.jpgMight help the blue a lot, but isn't going to turn the white parts grey. :(

How do you do that? Get the salt shaker out, pour, then wait?

No, it's rather complicated--if it was that easy, EVERY model would look like that. Never done it myself, just aware of the technique. It still requires/involves all the "typical" pre-shading, intentionally overspraying, erasing-with-thinner, etc, weathering techniques too. The salt just gives the "perfect pattern" to the weathering process.

Again, the salt (dissolved away with warm water) acts as a sort of "mask" for the later weathering techniques. (idea is to not rinse very thoroughly---just enough to dissolve away most of it, so that some remains on a nigh-microscopic level--very similar to actual sea-spray leaving behind deposits)

No i wasn't joking. I got the cancellation notice from n-y literally the moment i was signing in to pay. I assumed since they closed their orders everyone else would be closed too unless they had extra from cancellations. Also i was worried on losing out on the preorder price.

Damn N-Y cancelled my preorder. Thought i had to midnight to pay. Now where am i going to get one.

Edit: Got one from amiami...whew.

yikes! :o that's quite unsettling to say the least! I have three of them on pre-order with NY.. although you were still yet to pay for your pre-order yes?

Im hoping that having paid for mine in full upfront has properly secured them..

Still this next week or so is now going to be a rather nervous wait. :unsure:

good to hear you were still able to secure one with Ami! ^_^

Edited by spanner76

No i wasn't joking. I got the cancellation notice from n-y literally the moment i was signing in to pay. I assumed since they closed their orders everyone else would be closed too unless they had extra from cancellations. Also i was worried on losing out on the preorder price.

Alrighty then.

Always check Ami, HLJ or HobbySearch first , instead.

Just so you know, many of us consider N-Y as the shop for the very last desperate resort.

No, it's rather complicated--if it was that easy, EVERY model would look like that. Never done it myself, just aware of the technique. It still requires/involves all the "typical" pre-shading, intentionally overspraying, erasing-with-thinner, etc, weathering techniques too. The salt just gives the "perfect pattern" to the weathering process.

Again, the salt (dissolved away with warm water) acts as a sort of "mask" for the later weathering techniques. (idea is to not rinse very thoroughly---just enough to dissolve away most of it, so that some remains on a nigh-microscopic level--very similar to actual sea-spray leaving behind deposits)

Great idea to try, I've thought of that too but you might have to mask out any tampo markings or be prepared to re-make some of them in decals and re-apply over. Also it involves really light/thin coats which would be really easily prone to chipping for a transformational toy. I was thinking of trying to do a light grey filter airbrush over the whole thing that would darken the white and tone down the blue at the same time, maybe we could try this light filter over a salt wash - the key would be getting a durable clear coat to seal it all in.

I think he means that the manufacturer would have to bundle? So just adding a movie as a second item in your cart won't work afaik. Hopefully I'm wrong 'cus that'd be awesome if it worked.

Edited by xrentonx

I think he means that the manufacturer would have to bundle? So just adding a movie as a second item in your cart won't work afaik. Hopefully I'm wrong 'cus that'd be awesome if it worked.

Ahhh! I see what you mean now. Bummer. Back to parcel forwarding service then if the need arises. :p