Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I think we'd only get good color pics if someone like Saburo took em. Arcadia and Bandai should just send test shots to him, then there'd be no debate on what we're getting :D

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to get the test shot figures, or if I was able to attend the shows in Japan.

Except that Saburo's pics make every single toy he photographs look far, far, better than the actual piece in real life. Images that good could be considered false advertising... ^_^

:lol: I bring out the hidden beauty... or is it more like beer goggles for toys? :lol:

getting excited for these!! the colors seem to look different depending on lighting conditions. i think if anyone is expecting a very light grey bottom they will be dissapointed. the blue really seems to photo differently based on light temperature. my lighting is either natural or warm though...no CFL bulbs for me so i think it'll look pretty good. i do wish they did a grey ont eh bottom too...although i woudn't want the DYRL grey (which IMO was never grey but more like off white..very light beige almost). regardless of fnal colors i want this bad! makes me want to watch zero again. i think back whenit came out i watched it online somewhere...no idea where to watch it now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

getting excited for these!! the colors seem to look different depending on lighting conditions. i think if anyone is expecting a very light grey bottom they will be dissapointed. the blue really seems to photo differently based on light temperature. my lighting is either natural or warm though...no CFL bulbs for me so i think it'll look pretty good. i do wish they did a grey ont eh bottom too...although i woudn't want the DYRL grey (which IMO was never grey but more like off white..very light beige almost). regardless of fnal colors i want this bad! makes me want to watch zero again. i think back whenit came out i watched it online somewhere...no idea where to watch it now.

Mecha, when you get it, i'm coming over to check it out :p we've been putting off dinner for a few weeks, let's grab a meal then B))

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to get the test shot figures, or if I was able to attend the shows in Japan.

:lol: I bring out the hidden beauty... or is it more like beer goggles for toys? :lol:

that's exactly it! Saburo goggles! XD Bandai/Arcadia should defo hire you!

Guest davidwhangchoi

sounds like a plan. btw..you aren't getting one? or is this another misb one for you? haha

i cancelled my pre-order, going to hold off on purchasing it.

I am looking forward to seeing everyones photos and thoughts on the 0D. I cancelled my order and not sure when I'll be able to take shots of 0D. Valkyrie Magnus will let me use his for a photoshoot.

that's exactly it! Saburo goggles! XD Bandai/Arcadia should defo hire you!

That would be awesome!

Sabruggles.

:lol:

ooohhh its getting close now! I can feel that special tingling feeling in my reproductive organs already! :p:D

:lol: Try not to lose it when you open the box. ;)

Hahaha! Marketing gold! File the IP papers, Saburo!

LOL!

Only if the tingle lasts longer than four hours. ;)

LOL!

Edited by Saburo

Hmmmn. Check this out:

2nzbtaR.jpg

Compared to the VF-1, the 0D's accent color looks quite grey. :) Maybe it only looks pure white when the camera has no pure white reference? (and/or the guy at Arcadia is just hitting "auto-white-balance" prior to uploading)

Blue looks darn dark and intense regardless though. :(

Anways---shouldn't we have a full reveal of exactly what we're getting in the box by now? Like just how many of each type of missile, etc?

seeing that its sooo close to release and I know I'll love it to bits regardless.. but the whites are too white and the blue is quite rich.. still not gonna complain!

although the paint scratches presumably from transformation don't inspire too much confidence..

Edited by spanner76

That's a sexy valk right there. Glad I can get at least one for its ludicrous high price.

The transformation is pretty much the same as the old 0A, even the way the hip bar attaches to the nose so I don't see why such a high price spike, the improvement where sculp, better articulation and the shitty feet ball joint but this was not done from scratch.

I hope the finaly production has no overspray on the wave pattern, more tampo or at least waterslide decals.

Why did the highlight the areas prone to chip the paint?

The overspray on the wavy edges is so consistent (and the stripes so crisp) I think it's intentional----it's called a feathered edge and is how camouflage is usually applied on real planes (and models of real planes). You don't want a hard crisp edge most of the time. Many techniques have been developed to get the effect.

I see. So that's the final blue color. And lots of pointy edge as well. I might wear some gloves for handling this one then. Scratch my fingers before handling the YF-19's tailfins. Hehehe. :lol:

So basically, what they're trying to say is there's going to be a lot of paint scratches going to happen if you transform this more than once or twice. I like to transform my Valks more than once or twice. :rolleyes:

But in fairness... this one looks sexy! ^_^

I see. So that's the final blue color. And lots of pointy edge as well. I might wear some gloves for handling this one then. Scratch my fingers before handling the YF-19's tailfins. Hehehe. :lol:

So basically, what they're trying to say is there's going to be a lot of paint scratches going to happen if you transform this more than once or twice. I like to transform my Valks more than once or twice. :rolleyes:

But in fairness... this one looks sexy! ^_^

Planning on making a transformation video for the 0D?

The overspray on the wavy edges is so consistent (and the stripes so crisp) I think it's intentional----it's called a feathered edge and is how camouflage is usually applied on real planes (and models of real planes). You don't want a hard crisp edge most of the time. Many techniques have been developed to get the effect.

Makes sense, but I've seen it use in real life with colors that blend in, the blue on white negates the purpose for the camo' blend effect, still looks cool thought, hehehe thanks for clearing that up.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hmmmn. Check this out:

2nzbtaR.jpgdBakwi8.jpg

Compared to the VF-1, the 0D's accent color looks quite grey. :) Maybe it only looks pure white when the camera has no pure white reference? (and/or the guy at Arcadia is just hitting "auto-white-balance" prior to uploading)

Blue looks darn dark and intense regardless though. :(

i would say that's just lighting angle making it look grey, it'a still pretty white under the nose and intakes in contrast to the vf-1

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i would say that's just lighting angle making it look grey, it'a still pretty white under the nose and intakes in contrast to the vf-1

Yeah.

Looks like just some shadowing that makes it seem grey-ish, but it's really just regular white plastic.

Is it really that difficult for Arcadia to use jet-black backgrounds for more proper contrast when photographing the valk?

So they recommend you remove the fins and pitot tube before transformation? And even they have paint rub off? Oh boy.

I will say, though, I applaud them for pointing out all the problem areas and spots of paint removal, I truly do. Bravo.