Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Wow!!! At least we won't have to go through the Bandai pre-order shanagans. Everything better be tampo printed on for that price. I'm just not as sure anymore, as the YF-19 still left a sour taste in my mouth. It's still sitting naked on my shelf (until I can find some appropriate white printed water-slide decals for it). Judging from all the posts of amazing photography and collections, the vast majority of Yamacadias are still naked (so stickers just don't cut it!).

HLJ Black Friday discount was closer to 20%...at least on the YF-19...thus 300 USD for the VF-0D with the Black Friday discount and current dollar strength against the yen....who knows maybe the Japanese economy will be even weaker come end of November...of course, that could also doom Arcadia..... ;)

Good points about what the market can demand and sustain Gakken.

So like always I guess it's just wait and see, but I'm still very interested to see what or if Arcadia will say to rationalize a SRP of 36,800 JPY. And all jokes aside I really do continue to get this right, from color, accessories, quality and extras like markings that are printed onto the Valkyrie.

-b.

They're basically charging us extra to compensate for the VF-0s' Shin wrecked throughout 5 episodes... and that's the only logical thing I can come up with for the price.

I wonder how much accesories this guy will get, hopefully not just two pairs of missiles. Was it equipped the leg FAST pack in the show? At this price they should also include a damn stand.

I think the usual discount HLJ offers for this kind of items is 10%. With additional 10% from the Black Friday sale we could get a price shy of 30k Yen. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much especially if Arcadia releases the VF-1J GBP bundle in January which I would like to get.

Poor release schedule Arcaida. You robbing yourself from sales. :angry: Especially with the 6 month drought after the YF-19 release which was in March and the VF-19 Kai in September.

it's the same bird but without the shoulder scratches as here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvc8ISRCMAACGDX.jpg

with the colors adjusted in the photo. (the whites are dulled down)

That would explain the high color variation between pics from the same shoot---if they're manually tweaking each one with photoshop to try to make it look like what they believe it will. (I did think the last pic of the series looked noticeably 'shopped-----kind of an "edge-enhancement" effect)

So really, that means we STILL haven't seen any sort of revised colorscheme from Arcadia yet.

Unless it's changed with out my knowledge, tax only applies when buying it in Japan or from a consumer in Japan. HLJ and Amiami don't charge tax... you get hit with shipping instead.

Is this where they get the "20% discount" that HLJ promotes on its YouTube vids?

Is this where they get the "20% discount" that HLJ promotes on its YouTube vids?

the discount is base on MSRP

the 8 or 10% local tax is base again on MSRP

afaik, if you are buying and shipping it to japan, you get -20% discount and +8 or 10% tax

international buyer does not need to pay the local tax

HLJ (along with other large distributor) get more discount since they buy them in bulk.

edit:

sorry for the OT

but I really am glad that Bandai has access to Macross Frontier and video games license, and hopefully they can get the future license as well. I will wait for the review if it is really worth that price tag, hopefully, it will not be like VF-4 when people realize that it is good it is no longer easily available.

Edited by chyll2

I don't think so. I believe HLJ takes their percentage off the retail prices not the taxed prices. I remember this because I had a friend in Japan buy something for me and I paid for tax and shipping to my friend and had to pay for shipping to the US on top of that...

What chyll2 said...

Welp!

I'm out of the running in getting this. I can afford it, but I really don't think it is worth it at all for that expensive price.

If the Black Friday and PO discounts can get this bird in the 15000y-19000y price-range, then I'll get it.

I really doubt it will, tho, so I'm gonna pass.

That would explain the high color variation between pics from the same shoot---if they're manually tweaking each one with photoshop to try to make it look like what they believe it will. (I did think the last pic of the series looked noticeably 'shopped-----kind of an "edge-enhancement" effect)

So really, that means we STILL haven't seen any sort of revised colorscheme from Arcadia yet.

But it would seem they understand the color tone they should be shooting for.

i'll watch everyones OD and drool

As you count the stacks you save by forgoing the purchase. :ph34r:

At $250 I probably would have bought two, but no biggie.

I might cancel my Ultra fattimus' though, that should make up for it. haha

Ha! Haters gonna hate.

And on that note I can cancel that very GoBot-esq Spacebrick to help fund another VF-0D!

-b.

Thanks for the heads up treatment! 31400yen plus shipping. 21-ish% off their listed price, limit 3 at Amiami for those too lazy to click on the link.

I guess Amiami factors in the 8% tax rate into it's list price. Now to wait and see what the other places charge.

Edited by wmkjr

I guess, I'll need to make my decision sooner than I thought. If I do decide to get it, I'll wait for HLJ or Hobby Search to list it, after all the problems a couple MW members had with Ami Ami, YF-19 issues.

Its released in Feb, this would make a nice birthday present to myself. :)

As you count the stacks you save by forgoing the purchase. :ph34r:

Ha! Haters gonna hate.

And on that note I can cancel that very GoBot-esq Spacebrick to help fund another VF-0D!

-b.

Priorities.

I'm a heavy advocate of limiting the scope of your collection. :D

I think I liked the bright blue better to be honest. More accurate I guess, at least it will be a unique color.

FIGURE-008624_06.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

I guess, I'll need to make my decision sooner than I thought. If I do decide to get it, I'll wait for HLJ or Hobby Search to list it, after all the problems a couple MW members had with Ami Ami, YF-19 issues.

Its released in Feb, this would make a nice birthday present to myself. :)

agree :)

thanks for the link and updates from tag hobby

Edited by davidwhangchoi