Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

8 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Wow this is a gorgeous bird. I would not mind owning one, but right now is not a good time for me. Do you think it will be out of stock very soon? Or will it be around in 3 months.

I was in a similar “should I or shouldn’t I” situation when the VF-0D was first released in 2015, just as I started collecting Macross figures. I have been trying to find it in second market ever since but the prices were just crazy.

The premium finish 0D seems like the ultimate release of this form factor we are going to get. If you dig the 0D design, this is probably your best chance to get it at near MSRP. 

2 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

So, NY is the only sane option available for buying this toy (HLJ has it for $500). Given the shipping limitations (no EMS or airmail), what are my options? Is UPS the cheapest?

Only UPS or ferry options are available from NY at the moment. 

UPS is about 10k yen, I need to check how much the ferry quote was. 

31 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

So, NY is the only sane option available for buying this toy (HLJ has it for $500). Given the shipping limitations (no EMS or airmail), what are my options? Is UPS the cheapest?

If I was looking for one right now I'd keep my eye on AmazonJP and Mandrake. AmazonJP has really good DHL shipping sometimes. Mandrake has reasonable (still pricey) DHL shipping. Or ferry. I don't see any listed at either right now though.

One of the best things I did was get myself a Tenso address. It's really paying off right now. I'm having stuff shipped there from multiple retailers then consolidated into one big shipment. DHL starts making a lot more sense when you have multiple items. For example, I have four VF-0D's on the way (one for a friend). DHL was $58/ unit. Not too shabby for 3 day shipping. I just put a Mandrake order in the day before yesterday. Three units shipped DHL for $43/unit.

Right now the real trick is shipping costs. It;s a lot different than it was 3mo ago.

I just checked feeBay for fun. I'm surprised that there aren't any listed yet. Sometimes you can find some decent deals on release day. feeBay was FLOODED with DX Hikaru VF-1S's on release day. I picked a couple up for very, every reasonable money.

EDIT: I absolutely refuse to give NY any of my money. If they charged a premium and got your order out fast it would be acceptable. If they had very reasonable pricing but took a long time to get your stuff shipped it would be acceptable. But they charge a premium and ship your stuff..........eventually. And their customer communication/service is horrible for a company that caters to exporting. All just my opinion of course. I'm an online retailer myself and NY's policies drive me insane from a professional standpoint.

Don't even get me started on Jungle. I spent 3hrs emailing back and forth with them today practically begging to buy something from them. All I wanted was them to ship to my Tenso address. Not exactly rocket science. They insisted I go through their domestic site (which is not set up for westerners). I was screwing around with Google translate forever. Again as a retailer I have no idea why they didn't simply take my new shipping info, generate a PayPal invoice, and invoice me. We could have been done in 5min. Thank goodness a member here bailed me out. He lives in Japan. He ordered it for me and had it shipped to him. He's shipping it to Tenso for me. Thanks un-named MW member! You know who you are.:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Edited by sqidd

36 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Someone else will have to answer this for you. I don't know, I PO'd through From Japan. I haven't purchased something after release.

Does From Japan get extra stock of items upon release? Do they have VF-0D's in stock now? I just poked around the site and couldn't find anything. My experience with From Japan was top notch. I like them as a source.

Maybe you can order directly from Arcadia and have it shipped to a Tenso address? I have no idea. Here is a link to Arcadia. Maybe you ca order from them and use a Tenso address????

https://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=294

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

LOL you sure you don’t want to join the DX Roy PO night just to participate in the drinking game?? 

Only if we have a big Zoom meeting with everyone playing!:p

I'll do my poopie head dance for you!:yahoo:

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I hope it sells well and Arcadia revisits the 0S with the same treatment. I guess it would have to be called Ultra Premium Finish since there's already a PF? :unknw:

Please no!:lol:

I already have both versions and as much as I like the weathered PF on the 0D, I’d rather see Arcadia release a fixed 0A so I can finally get one of those too. PF, Ultra Super PF, Regular or whatever, just give me a fixed 0A. 

6 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

60.00 front loaded payment for 1 to Midwest area of the US. That payment was for EMS which looks to be a bust now. Just sent up a ticket to see what the cost difference will be. I swear 60 already should cover UPS or DHL.

1230177782_n-yvf-0d1.JPG.07c5a8e18c7b5f121296380302616ff0.JPG

33 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

How much better do y’all think this PF version is than Arcadias original 0D?  Like if I see than original version for sale for 5000¥ less than what NY is asking for the PF is it worth it?

IMO, no. Not at all.

34 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

How much better do y’all think this PF version is than Arcadias original 0D?  Like if I see than original version for sale for 5000¥ less than what NY is asking for the PF is it worth it?

Just jump back a page and look at the aesthetics.

1 hour ago, sjoebarry said:

I think it is much more likely to get one that has no issues in the PF so that alone is worth the entire price of the non PF to me. The rest is up to what you like aesthetically but the paint job on the PF is worth at least $200 to me since it would take me probably $2000 worth of my own time to attempt to do something similar and most likely end up with something not as good.  So basically less than $50 difference between a PF and non PF, sorry but to me I think it would be idiotic to roll the dice with a non PF that could have disintegrating hips and not look as good.  

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's not just the aesthetics, the original 0D releases had a potential problem with the legs falling off.

That was an unstated additional part of my inquiry. If this version is better in the durability & build category then the extra cost is well worth it. I just don’t know if anyone knows that it is yet. Y’all seem to be implying previous posts say it is in fact more sturdy so..... sounds like it’s definitely worth it