Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oooo looking forward to seeing it!

You can get a preview of it here in GERWALK mode in this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/35120-whats-lying-on-your-workbench-mk-iv/?do=findComment&comment=1552367

That's all I took of it for now while the clearcoat is curing and I work on the super parts.

• 1 month later...

So I just got a VF-0D and was getting ready to display it when I realized the display stand adapter connection is completely different from all my other Yamato/Arcadia valkyries (it's my first Macross Zero valk), I also see that YetiStand products are no longer being sold. Any suggestions for alternative display stands that would work for the VF-0D and are actually available?

21 minutes ago, Raptor One said:

So I just got a VF-0D and was getting ready to display it when I realized the display stand adapter connection is completely different from all my other Yamato/Arcadia valkyries (it's my first Macross Zero valk), I also see that YetiStand products are no longer being sold. Any suggestions for alternative display stands that would work for the VF-0D and are actually available?

The new Arcadia Variable Fighter stand works with this one. It has the adapter for the 1:60 VF-0’s. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Dimension-Fortress-Macross-Remember-Variable/dp/B07PM6DBT4?pd_rd_w=D5q2x&pf_rd_p=759a8690-c422-4f22-8236-69eb783b20bd&pf_rd_r=2FR78HYKS9118J4Q01CS&pd_rd_r=0e372811-9366-482b-836c-c67d2c24913a&pd_rd_wg=HSUyH&pd_rd_i=B07PM6DBT4&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_1_sc

Edited by rdrunner

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like a 0D done in the right base colors, without needling a $200 factory weathering job to look right. 

Slate blue upper, very pale grey lower. Simple.  

Like Yamato's sample showed oh so many years ago, before they completely changed it at the last minute for the actual release.  

22 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I'd like a 0D done in the right base colors, without needling a $200 factory weathering job to look right. 

Slate blue upper, very pale grey lower. Simple.  

Like Yamato's sample showed oh so many years ago, before they completely changed it at the last minute for the actual release.  

Yeah, they should re-release the non-PF 0D or at least one without the weathering but keeping the tampo printing, but with all the improvements done to the mold with the PF and using the same color plastics as the PF. My original release 0D is literal trash. It falls to pieces and joints are all loose despite not having really touched it. The PF version was a huge improvement in every way.

4 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Yeah, they should re-release the non-PF 0D or at least one without the weathering but keeping the tampo printing, but with all the improvements done to the mold with the PF and using the same color plastics as the PF. My original release 0D is literal trash. It falls to pieces and joints are all loose despite not having really touched it. The PF version was a huge improvement in every way.

I agree 100% and i would also love to see a VF-0D in a cannon fodder color scheme. I really loved that grey we had a glimpse of in the oav and the old promotional images.

Well they did recently re-release the enemy Valks.  Not sure if that was just leftover inventory or if they decided to do another run.  Maybe they'll do the same with the other M-Zero fighters.  I'd definitely get a VF-0D PF.  Even if it was expensive it's still a lot cheaper than the secondary market.

• 5 months later...
23 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

It is. I've done it with mine when I did some custom weathering to it. You'll want to use something that is durable though.

Thanks! I saw in another post that you use Vallejo Satin Varnish Polyurethane. Have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Do you disassemble the fighters when painting or coating them?
2. Do you use a paintbrush or airbrush for coating?

I've seen your work elsewhere on the forum so I'm aware that you do some amazing stuff, just trying to figure out your process!

@dtwn

1. Sometimes I disassemble if it is easy to do so, but most of the time, I don't. I just move things around to expose the areas I want to spray.

2. Both. Mostly sprayed with an airbrush. A small paintbrush afterward for previously masked off areas for small details or thin areas like the canopy frame. A larger brush if I want to selectively give an area a thicker coat.

Hope that helps!

Edited by MacrossJunkie

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, valk2023 said:

Macross forum braintrust...I have a question: do you know where I can find a VF-0D PF for sale? I scoured Yahoo JP and a few other places but I cannot find any for sale. Thank you!

I got one from Mandarake a couple of days ago but I was lucky. It is weird because it is marked as PO and will be shipped until 12/9.

Screenshot_20231201-231442.png

41 minutes ago, betocc said:

I got one from Mandarake a couple of days ago but I was lucky. It is weird because it is marked as PO and will be shipped until 12/9.

Screenshot_20231201-231442.png

So you're the lucky bugger who got that! I saw it a few hours too late. Haha. Did you get the VF-4A and VE-1 too? Been trying to get those as well.

They are part of Mandarake's Grand Chaos outlet 3rd anniversary sale, hence the pre-order.

19 minutes ago, dtwn said:

So you're the lucky bugger who got that! I saw it a few hours too late. Haha. Did you get the VF-4A and VE-1 too? Been trying to get those as well.

They are part of Mandarake's Grand Chaos outlet 3rd anniversary sale, hence the pre-order.

Only 0D. I missed Elint