Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's time to update that storage game.:D

I got some of thseand only use thre shelves so I can stack boxes better. They work great because you can roll them into each other which takes up a lot less room. When you want to get at something you can just open up acess to the shelf you need. Works like a charm.

0001764199497_B?wid=280&hei=280

I'm doing this as well but am also using a cover to keep dust off my boxes as much as possible.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M145490/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're absolutely right that they're great and it's so easy to get to everything you may ever want to get to. I only have three so far but will likely expand to six.

2 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I'm doing this as well but am also using a cover to keep dust off my boxes as much as possible.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M145490/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're absolutely right that they're great and it's so easy to get to everything you may ever want to get to. I only have three so far but will likely expand to six.

Strong move with the covers! I'm on it.:good:

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Man, I wish basements were a thing around here. 

I'd die. I've got a 2000sq ft basement with 10' celings. I love it!

Because COVID has shut the gyms down mere in MI I'm kitting a gym out in the basement right now. Plenty of room.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Strong move with the covers! I'm on it.:good:

I'd die. I've got a 2000sq ft basement with 10' celings. I love it!

Because COVID has shut the gyms down mere in MI I'm kitting a gym out in the basement right now. Plenty of room.

Nice! I just set up some “ninja” jungle gym swings under my patio for the kids. That and the 15’ trampoline in the backyard are great for staying active. Been thinking about setting up my weights somewhere but that stuff has been collecting dust for years. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I just set up some “ninja” jungle gym swings under my patio for the kids. That and the 15’ trampoline in the backyard are great for staying active. Been thinking about setting up my weights somewhere but that stuff has been collecting dust for years. 

I'd go crazy if I wasn't able to lift. It's my meditation time. I also don't mind looking scary.:D

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

It's time to update that storage game.:D

I got some of thseand only use thre shelves so I can stack boxes better. They work great because you can roll them into each other which takes up a lot less room. When you want to get at something you can just open up acess to the shelf you need. Works like a charm.

0001764199497_B?wid=280&hei=280

7 hours ago, Grey728 said:

this would be my dream storage system:

automatic-aisle-lock-ft-hood-darnall-hos

if i don't chance upon one from a shuttered office, i'll probably do something similar to what Grey suggested.

put floor to ceiling wood panels on the short side of rolling shelves. slot them side by side into a big alcove. pull one out like a pantry shelf when accessing.

it should look similar to the picture above, but instead of moving the shelves apart, you pull them out one at a time.

I have a bunch of built in storage shelves in an unfinished portion of my basement.  So, having the intake covers in their box works just fine and easy to access when I do transform to change the display.  But I also have just a medium amount of displays compared to many here.  I "only" have 4 Detolfs, 1 additional display case that is slight bigger than the Detolf, and 1 floor retail case.

31 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I have a bunch of built in storage shelves in an unfinished portion of my basement.  So, having the intake covers in their box works just fine and easy to access when I do transform to change the display.  But I also have just a medium amount of displays compared to many here.  I "only" have 4 Detolfs, 1 additional display case that is slight bigger than the Detolf, and 1 floor retail case.

d79b6a6d09a7cd733406f885fb82b567.png

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

:rofl:  I've been capped at using only this amount of space.  The wifey doesn't want the basement to be a "museum." LOL

PM me your address. I'll send you some of these so you can wear the pants in the family.

Oooooooooo, sick burn bro!:rofl:

59a676f0fd5de42f06444392-large.jpg?cache

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

PM me your address. I'll send you some of these so you can wear the pants in the family.

Oooooooooo, sick burn bro!:rofl:

59a676f0fd5de42f06444392-large.jpg?cache

BWahahahahaha that's brilliant.  I already pretty much own the basement space.  I've got my Valks, Robots and some TFs in displays, guitars hanging, vinyl record collection, turntable / listening station, 110" Movie Screen, movie posters, weights and bench, etc.  The trick to wearing the pants is knowing what things to compromise or give up in order to give the appearance of your spouse wearing the pants.  ;)

25 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

BWahahahahaha that's brilliant.  I already pretty much own the basement space.  I've got my Valks, Robots and some TFs in displays, guitars hanging, vinyl record collection, turntable / listening station, 110" Movie Screen, movie posters, weights and bench, etc.  The trick to wearing the pants is knowing what things to compromise or give up in order to give the appearance of your spouse wearing the pants.  ;)

I liberated that bit from a sales guy I had working for me long ago. I was in my office plowing through paperwork. His desk was right outside my door. The customer gave him the "I have to check with my wife" objection and the sales guy countered with "Well sir, if you buy the motorcycle today I'll take you over to accessories/apparel department and throw in a pair of pants for free so you can wear the pants in the family". I was thinking oh crap, I'm going to be getting an ear full from this guy in about 30 sec. Instead the guy laughed.....and bought the motorcycle! :rofl:

I spiffed the sales guy $100 cash on top of his commission for having the creativity and nuts to say that.:good:

Not to get us TOO off topic :P, but DHL updated my delivery date to today instead of Monday. This is gonna be a real good day. This will be my first premium finish Valk, so I'm really excited to see how the kind of that castle stacks up to some recent-ish Bandai releases. I also dread that it's going to make my standard Acradia 0S look real dull.

5 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Not to get us TOO off topic :P, but DHL updated my delivery date to today instead of Monday. This is gonna be a real good day. This will be my first premium finish Valk, so I'm really excited to see how the kind of that castle stacks up to some recent-ish Bandai releases. I also dread that it's going to make my standard Acradia 0S look real dull.

You'll love it!!  And yeah, DHL is fun that way.  Since Japan is basically a day ahead of the States, it always gives a delivery estimate a business day or two more than it actually delivers.  Usually updates once it clears customs in the States.

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I liberated that bit from a sales guy I had working for me long ago. I was in my office plowing through paperwork. His desk was right outside my door. The customer gave him the "I have to check with my wife" objection and the sales guy countered with "Well sir, if you buy the motorcycle today I'll take you over to accessories/apparel department and throw in a pair of pants for free so you can wear the pants in the family". I was thinking oh crap, I'm going to be getting an ear full from this guy in about 30 sec. Instead the guy laughed.....and bought the motorcycle! :rofl:

I spiffed the sales guy $100 cash on top of his commission for having the creativity and nuts to say that.:good:

:rofl:  Next time give 'em a PF 0D as the sales spiff!  (There...back on topic again. ;) @kaiotheforsaken )

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You'll love it!!  And yeah, DHL is fun that way.  Since Japan is basically a day ahead of the States, it always gives a delivery estimate a business day or two more than it actually delivers.  Usually updates once it clears customs in the States.

:rofl:  Next time give 'em a PF 0D as the sales spiff!  (There...back on topic again. ;) @kaiotheforsaken )

LOL

We'll see how I feel about it in hand, but from pictures this thing blows my mind. It also kind of blows my mind that Arcadia not only went and fixed the 0D so it didn't explode, they decided to re-release it with the best paint apps ever done on a Valkyrie. Of all the Valks to get a treatment like this, Shin's training Valkyrie would not have been the one I'd have bet on in a million years.

Edit: Delivered and now the 6ish hour wait begins.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Well I have it in hand and I just can't even believe it. It looks SO good, the paint job is tremendous. This is by far the nicest looking Valk I own. Once again featuring my kitchen counter because I really don't have a good spot setup for photos.

IMG_20200813_190435~3.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200813185744344~2.jpg

IMG_20200813_190457~2.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200813185835239_COVER~2.jpg

44 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Well I have it in hand and I just can't even believe it. It looks SO good, the paint job is tremendous. This is by far the nicest looking Valk I own. Once again featuring my kitchen counter because I really don't have a good spot setup for photos.

It's a stunning piece isn't it! My 2nd one arrived and hour ago! Just leaving work now..

18 minutes ago, spanner said:

It's a stunning piece isn't it! My 2nd one arrived and hour ago! Just leaving work now..

It really is. I was debating several different Valks at the time, but it popping in and out of stock on HLJ forced my hand. Now that it's here, I'm glad that it's one of the ones I picked.

The only flaw is that my other Zero Valks look positively sparse in comparison lol.

3 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Is it just the lighting or a difference in the weathering itself? It seems like the contrast in the weathering between the light and dark areas on Kaio's copy is far more pronounced than on mine or spanner's.

21 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Is it just the lighting or a difference in the weathering itself? It seems like the contrast in the weathering between the light and dark areas on Kaio's copy is far more pronounced than on mine or spanner's.

For my part, I think it's partially lighting, partially the phone I took the pictures with, and possibly the tweaking I tried to do to get the color to look right. The original shots were kind of...yellow, and I could tell, especially bin the counter.

This is more normal lighting without any meddling. Does it seem as drastic a difference between mine and others?

IMG_20200813_224322.jpg

2 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

For my part, I think it's partially lighting, partially the phone I took the pictures with, and possibly the tweaking I tried to do to get the color to look right. The original shots were kind of...yellow, and I could tell, especially bin the counter.

This is more normal lighting without any meddling. Does it seem as drastic a difference between mine and others?

It still does, yeah. Also, they did a better job with the streaks there on the airbrake on yours as most of the streaks are originating from the holes whereas on mine, they didn't even come close. I think someone crosseyed and half blind did mine. 

The more I look at it in person, the pictures really are pretty close. I guess I didn't look closely enough at the other pictures people took to notice a difference. I wonder what's the more intended look? I wonder if mine abnormally heavy handed?

Putting this in the case last night made me really see that I needed something a bit bigger. I want to get some proper dogfight displays going. It only took me 12-13 years of having Nora to get something Shin flew and I'd like to display them together. Detolfs are fine, but they're a little too cramped for Macross stuff.

Speaking of missiles, the old 51 came with a bunch of stuff, some missiles included. I wonder if the hardpoints are close enough that you could make it work.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken