Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

19 minutes ago, spanner said:

That looks fab! but for me personally I still cannot bring myself to display a Valkyrie without the fan covers in place.. other than a VF-27

It would be tough to get the compressors to work without air.:p

8 hours ago, spanner said:

That looks fab! but for me personally I still cannot bring myself to display a Valkyrie without the fan covers in place.. other than a VF-27

Thanks mate! I pretty much always take them off unless in Battroid or when Strike or Supers are attached.  It's annoying to keep them in their box, but my OCD gets the best of me LOL

10 hours ago, spanner said:

19 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Why is that? Because they're not recessed enough?

Haha, I'm the same way mainly because I just think the covers look better. One reason is because yeah, the fans look silly so close to the intake. The other is the way the covers look, they could work either by sliding open or just folding open, in the latter case, they would still be visible and I can just pretend they are either way with them on.

I keep the intake covers on all the time except maybe for photo taking. When you have dozens of valks, it gets a bit onerous keeping track of all the little baggies with each valk's intake covers. I don't keep them in their boxes because that's even more annoying to have to find the box and dig them out.

All the little ziplock bags go into one big tupperware container with all the intake covers and other small interchangeable parts.

I don’t have enough valks for it to be a problem for me, so i prefer to keep them on or off appropriate for the mode its in. 

I do agree that it can be annoying to have all the intake covers in 1 zip lock bag, as I found it hard to match up the correct cover for each valk when i had more valks. 

Convenient if you had the Arcadia clear stand with the storage built in.

15 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

I don’t have enough valks for it to be a problem for me, so i prefer to keep them on or off appropriate for the mode its in. 

I do agree that it can be annoying to have all the intake covers in 1 zip lock bag, as I found it hard to match up the correct cover for each valk when i had more valks. 

Convenient if you had the Arcadia clear stand with the storage built in.

Each valk gets its own separate labeled bag. I use the small "snack size" ziploc bags. 

But I have a lot of valks so it's a lot of little baggies. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Each valk gets its own separate labeled bag. I use the small "snack size" ziploc bags. 

But I have a lot of valks so it's a lot of little baggies. :lol:

Yup.  One zip-loc bag per valk.  (or any other collectible with swappable pieces) 

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What? That looks good as new! :D

;)

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I paid three times more for one to look like that. 

:huh::D

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

So essentially you're paying a premium for the weathered edition.

:good:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

:lol:

I don’t know how that can be topped. 

:rofl:

you guys crack me up!

12 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Why is that? Because they're not recessed enough?

I have never really liked the exposed fan detailing in most if not all the Valkyries.. the VF 27 just has black holes with no fan detailing and looks great with the covers off in fighter mode.

I know the technology behind the Valkyries is meant to be different to real life fighter jets but even in most jets you don't see the fans especially the more stealthy ones.. 

Edited by spanner

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

@spanner see what you started? :rofl:

Actually, it’s pretty interesting seeing everyone prefer to keep them on. I’m in the minority here it seems.

Asthetically I like them on. But, when the Valk is in atmospheric mode I tend to take them off. The 0D having no space mode (as far as I know) means no covers except Battroid.

I just realized how strong the dork is in me.:lol:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don't keep them in their boxes because that's even more annoying to have to find the box and dig them out.

It's time to update that storage game.:D

I got some of thseand only use thre shelves so I can stack boxes better. They work great because you can roll them into each other which takes up a lot less room. When you want to get at something you can just open up acess to the shelf you need. Works like a charm.

0001764199497_B?wid=280&hei=280

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's time to update that storage game.:D

I got some of thseand only use thre shelves so I can stack boxes better. They work great because you can roll them into each other which takes up a lot less room. When you want to get at something you can just open up acess to the shelf you need. Works like a charm.

0001764199497_B?wid=280&hei=280

What happens when you have so many stacked in a room there’s nowhere to roll them?:p