Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I may just defer to Lolicon on this one...

...particularly since this is easily the most expensive Valkyrie I've ever purchased.  :unsure:

1568693059_VF-0D(originalrelease).jpg.65a58668561e5de4936c0d7df67a768a.jpg

Dare to compare!  :p

142270042_VF-0D(weatheredrelease).jpg.8cf7a04484b19871a1d7948e2663a7a6.jpg

Wow that comparison pic certainly is a big diff! I get why you would want to keep it untransformed and pristine as much/long as possible!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Premium Finish for the win!!!

Oh yes! Maaaan...am having a show me the money moment...ie the wallet singing to me...

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

"Damn it, I don't care how much it cost!" I told him defiantly.  

1822684228_Itsatoy.jpg.f4c13fe7b5c141d9fd7b4584d6a1bd72.jpg

"It's a toy, and toys are meant to be played with, dammit!"

No worries, toys are "Brand New" and "Mint in Box" only until the moment you take them out....so you may as well have enjoyed full tranformation at least once!  :good:

7 hours ago, tekering said:

I may just defer to Lolicon on this one...

...particularly since this is easily the most expensive Valkyrie I've ever purchased.  :unsure:

1568693059_VF-0D(originalrelease).jpg.65a58668561e5de4936c0d7df67a768a.jpg

Dare to compare!  :p

142270042_VF-0D(weatheredrelease).jpg.8cf7a04484b19871a1d7948e2663a7a6.jpg

:hail:

Nice!

Should've been the color of the original/regular/non-pf release, minus the additional shading.

37 minutes ago, tekering said:

The tolerances are perfect on this guy.  It's a joy to transform.  ^_^

825715576_perfecttolerances.jpg.c393579cffe07c4b8b0e1a2146de1736.jpg

Great to hear! The Arcadia VF-0S is still what I consider to be the best Valk ever made so I'm very happy to hear they seem to have matched that or hopefully exceeded it with this go around. DX VF-1 is up there too but they still can't match Arcadia's feel, fit and finish imo.

Great pics @tekering!!

I'm happy and sad at the same time.

Happy because this weathered color and effects just elevates the VF-0D to whole new level. 99.5% perfect. Minus 0.5% for the still yellow painted bit on the wings, which could have been some clear colored plastic instead?

Sad because now my regular VF-0D with its regular paint suddenly looks cheap. I probably got to place it at another end of the displays so I won't get a view of both at the same time! :wacko:

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Great to hear! The Arcadia VF-0S is still what I consider to be the best Valk ever made so I'm very happy to hear they seem to have matched that or hopefully exceeded it with this go around. DX VF-1 is up there too but they still can't match Arcadia's feel, fit and finish imo.

Really? I thought I was going to break my toy when I first rotated the arms out from valk mode to gerwalk/battroid. I think there was some kind of lip that prevented me from doing this smoothly and I've been scared to change it back since.  @tekeringIs it super tight here when you do this or are the tolerances a little better/looser? I'm also worried about scratching the paint specifically during this process. Everything else felt good during transformation.

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

Really? I thought I was going to break my toy when I first rotated the arms out from valk mode to gerwalk/battroid. I think there was some kind of lip that prevented me from doing this smoothly and I've been scared to change it back since.  @tekeringIs it super tight here when you do this or are the tolerances a little better/looser? I'm also worried about scratching the paint specifically during this process. Everything else felt good during transformation.

I don't have my 0D yet so I can't say but my opinion is based on the 0Ss I have. I'd recommend watching some transformation vids if you are having issues. I love how Arcadia Valks tab together so securely and almost seamlessly. They don't have stuff like the gap behind the cockpit on the DX 31 and the wings that don't align on the DX VF-1.

4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

@tekeringIs it super tight here when you do this or are the tolerances a little better/looser?

I'd say the tolerances are precisely where they need to be.  The only scary moment for me was sliding the nosecone up into the chest, because it feels like that's where the greatest potential for paint damage will occur...  :unsure:

3 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

best valk ever from the looks of it.

Definitely the best of the 21st century designs, at least.  I particularly like the regal bearing of the cape:

royal.jpg.e6ea2cc2d1c4be639f91ace58046ad9c.jpg

It has a very dignified look about it.

dignified.jpg.3698e4b0ab833360b02b470788d3e921.jpg

1 minute ago, Bahamutzyro said:

emailed ny to change shipping to ups.
Ny shipping is 9500 yen via ups. I already paid 5000 yen so I’m assuming they will charge me 4500 more to ship via ups.

I think they'll charge you 9500 yen in ADDITION to what you already paid but I think I'm just being a pessimist here. 9500 would be consistent with what DeJapan is charging me for FedEx international shipping. I do hope that's the price you get.

30 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

emailed ny to change shipping to ups.
Ny shipping is 9500 yen via ups. I already paid 5000 yen so I’m assuming they will charge me 4500 more to ship via ups.

yes that should be about right for 1.

1230177782_n-yvf-0d1.JPG.07c5a8e18c7b5f121296380302616ff0.JPG

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

But they'll more than make up the difference by gouging you on shipping. And possibly not ship it for several months. 

I contacted them a few days ago to ask for shipping upgrade options, and was told it’s another 4000 yen or so to upgrade from EMS to UPS. So I replied and told them yes, please upgrade and charge me, but haven’t heard back from them since. I’m so jelly seeing all the live pics from Asian collectors who have already picked this up and I am still sitting and waiting at NY’s mercy. 

Edited by rdrunner

Just now, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Ok, this toy looks GORGEOUS. But, $400 (before adding shipping)?? How does anyone justify the cost?

I compare it to mortage+insurance+food+utilities and realize it's just a drop in the bucket.

One of the upsides to a high cost of living area, everything else just seems so cheap in comparison.