Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

As I remember it, we were all shown those promo shots and got all excited and plunked down our $$$ for the original 0D and then we got the box and the uproar was horrendous aorund here about the color. I thought it was Kawamori himself who told Arcadia that the darker blue was correct "as it would have been on a brand new aircraft". So if they do the lighter weathered scheme right this time, it would be cool to have both....but damn..not at $400.00. And you really have to wonder what color you are REALLY gonna get upon opening this one! :unknw:

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

As I remember it, we were all shown those promo shots and got all excited and plunked down our $$$ for the original 0D and then we got the box and the uproar was horrendous aorund here about the color. I thought it was Kawamori himself who told Arcadia that the darker blue was correct "as it would have been on a brand new aircraft". So if they do the lighter weathered scheme right this time, it would be cool to have both....but damn..not at $400.00. And you really have to wonder what color you are REALLY gonna get upon opening this one! :unknw:

Exactly.  I do not trust Arcadia at all, when it comes to "actual final release color" of a VF-0D.  I will wait, until someone has it in-hand, to see what shade of blue it is.  (though even if the blue is right, I suspect the belly will still be pure white, and not "DYRL grey" like it should be---that was also changed from the first-release sample, not just the blue upper surfaces, but the lower surface's main color too) 

(yes, I am still bitter about their 0D's coloring---I love that valk, AND it's scheme---and the sample pics were so perfect, with slate-blue and ghost-grey, then they gave us royal blue and snow-white...)

On 2/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, derex3592 said:

Tenjin said the color was wrong so they messed with it and made it worse. 

1 minute ago, Firefox said:

VF-0C  and VF-0D are basically just part swapping. What take it so hard for Arcadia to release them? Are they trying to force people to buy both (0A and 0D)?

They'd need some agreement with Hasegawa to make the VF-0B and VF-0C in those schemes. They could do a CF version I guess.

• 5 months later...

Bumping, as the just-announced premium finish 0D probably deserves to be in this thread, more than the 0A/0S thread.   Though---perhaps we should merge all the Arcadia VF-0 threads?

201907280435511.jpg

It actually looks better now (more slate-grey-blue than powder blue) than it did at Wonderfest in February.  Actually repainted/new sample, or just way different lighting? 

::edit::  Official pic from Arcadia's twitter:

EAiaGWGUIAA1nLo.jpg:large

5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

That looks very premium.

Yup that would qualify as premium for me, and not just tampo.

IF its not a bait and switch. 

Does anyone think if HLJ or ami will accept returns/cancellations if the final appearance did not match as displayed?

Edited by seti88
spelling!

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Do anyone think if HLJ or ami will accept returns/cancellations if the final appearance did not match as displayed?

I'm sure the "final product may differ from prototype" small print is somewhere. These days they're pretty good about getting an artist proof in hand before doing the press shots. The press shots should be a good indication... these prototype shots are probably still "this is what we're going for!" 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm sure the "final product may differ from prototype" small print is somewhere. These days they're pretty good about getting an artist proof in hand before doing the press shots. The press shots should be a good indication... these prototype shots are probably still "this is what we're going for!" 

I would be blown away if indeed the promo's show it that way....and the more i think abt it, its delusional for me, to expect it coming out looking as detailed as the display unit.
Very likely a used prototype which arcadia played around with, panel lining and all... 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just wait till after release day and see how it turns out. It Macross Zero and it'll be expensive, so I expect it to be readily available after release day. 

Yeah that's one thing to enjoy, no pre-order madness!

Edited by seti88

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Does anyone think if HLJ or ami will accept returns/cancellations if the final appearance did not match as displayed?

Order it at HLJ so you have 10 days to decide whether you're going to have it ship or not. Just an option and easy return.

2 hours ago, bleecher said:

Still no preorder release date huh? Man, I am excited for this piece. Great time to be a Macross fan.

Chill sir. No need to rush. Arcadia PO is not as difficult as Bandai. ;) 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Order it at HLJ so you have 10 days to decide whether you're going to have it ship or not. Just an option and easy return.

That seems to be a good option in this case. Just hope someone reviews the 0D in jp right after release as its not bandai which has reviews right after release...

anyway no preorder madness so there should be time to see what the final release looks like...

Don’t know why the color seems so attractive on this pic, probably the camera used ...but the more I see it the more I wish it would come out as displayed...

F12421EC-EAB6-4D5A-9DC6-8F3FBFD93437.jpeg.91fc4b23d50d68e5297c8647fa3e80c2.jpeg

Urgh ...addiction symptoms...reminder to self: do not search for pics of vf-0D until release day...