Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Thank god i was able to get over my obsessive compulsive syndrome. An issue smaller than this had made me pick up a second VF-19P!

With items this expensive, I try and keep them as emaculate as possible for as long as possible. It just really sucks when issues arise that seem like they could have been easily avoided in production.

Is there any way to tighten up this joint? has anyone attempted this one yet?

I did try opening up the thigh area by removing the screw cover first. But the damn thing was so tight. :wacko: I finally get the chance of opening up the front part but the rear part (the blue painted part) won't cooperate. And I don't want to put stress on the front side just to open the back part area so I decided to stop. I might cause too much damage on the front part area just by trying to open it up. Good thing it didn't left any stress marks on it. But definitely on my eye it really show that someone tried to open it up. :lol:

By the way, just by trying, I kinda broke my nail. :p

Ok. So I did finally open the thigh part on my VF-0D and successfully tightened the knee swivel joint after the 'cracking' sound it made. I guess the peg that connects both halves of the thigh were so tight I accidentally broke it. Now after repair, one of the thigh has a 1mm gap from the back. I might do the same on the other thigh since after the other one got repaired, the other one became loose. Now both thighs will have gaps if ever. Hehehe. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 0D today and I like it for the most part. Pretty solid in all modes. However, on mine the right leg swivel is a little loose and the left shoulder is a little loose. Additionally, does anyone else have some stress marks on the grey tabs that clips into the legs in fighter mode? Good toy...but not sure if it's $290 good.

dscn8408_zpsmnzc4jan.jpg

rsz_dscn8412_zpsaqtw2wga.jpg

dscn8415_zpsjwnlf8gp.jpg

Got my 0D today and I like it for the most part. Pretty solid in all modes. However, on mine the right leg swivel is a little loose and the left shoulder is a little loose. Additionally, does anyone else have some stress marks on the grey tabs that clips into the legs in fighter mode? Good toy...but not sure if it's $290 good.

My VF-0D doesn't have any of those problems. Edited by sh9000

You're not confusing paint rub for stress marks are you? The tabs on the legs are painted and the paint will come off when tabbed in and out of the backpack.

You're not confusing paint rub for stress marks are you? The tabs on the legs are painted and the paint will come off when tabbed in and out of the backpack.

I don't believe so. I wasn't talking about any of the leg tabs that are painted blue. I was specifically talking about the grey tabs on the back that anchor into the leg slots. Initially it was very hard to pull the legs down and while I tried using even pressure it looks like some small white stress marks appeared around the grey tabs.

Nice photos SuperHobo! Loving the relaxed poses! B)):lol:

Thanks! Got to change up the standard valk poses here and there.

those look like shoots for the cover of valkrie illustrated... ;)

Or covers from other magazines........ :wub::ph34r:

dscn8408_zpsmnzc4jan.jpg

rsz_dscn8412_zpsaqtw2wga.jpg

dscn8415_zpsjwnlf8gp.jpg

Looks like another issue of PlayValk.

Ok. So I did finally open the thigh part on my VF-0D and successfully tightened the knee swivel joint after the 'cracking' sound it made. I guess the peg that connects both halves of the thigh were so tight I accidentally broke it. Now after repair, one of the thigh has a 1mm gap from the back. I might do the same on the other thigh since after the other one got repaired, the other one became loose. Now both thighs will have gaps if ever. Hehehe. :lol:

I forgot to post this nice pic in this thread.

med_gallery_21587_791_173647.jpg

HA, so I was right about there being pegs in the back of the thigh armor sorry you had to break them, in my opinon the pegs should have been short and rounded just to align it with the other, not long and tight to connect, just so you can easily remove them for minor repairs.

Nice custom on the Max GBP Sh9000, judging from the number of post you made so far, you're a newbie welcome.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot guys...(y),...i had checked the one in YJA Spanner76...;)....but with proxy fees and tax, the total cost is a real pain to us here in South America....:p,...i know this is one of Arcadia´s expensive Valks...but maybe i could get a better price nearby....:D...

Thanks again guys...;)

Cheers!!!

Flopers

• 2 months later...

I may have asked this before but a search didn't bring anything up:

Are there any cool schemes in the Master File book? Either -0D or -0C? I know of a low-vis grey one, but that's it. Are there more?

(thinking about a potential future repaint or remold release)

There was the VF-0C VMFAT-203 low viz scheme and the regular blue/yellow tail version like the model.

As for the VF-0D there isn't any shown but there was descriptions of which VF groups they belong to with reference VF-0 schemes. There was the VF-9 dark blue top/grey bottom, the VF-11 (though I don't know which version) either the multi blue/grey patterned one with black cockpit area or the one with the reaper on it's tail and Skull squads ones

• 3 months later...

post-17939-0-18551200-1460334052_thumb.jpg

So this is about to happen.

I'll start with a heavy coat of the dark dirt wash to try and get some panel line detail and

then go with they white in search of a slightly more representative overall lighter blue finish.

Wish me luck............please?!

Edited by Moosey

*snip*

So this is about to happen.

I'll start with a heavy coat of the dark dirt wash to try and get some panel line detail and

then go with they white in search of a slightly more representative overall lighter blue finish.

Wish me luck............please?!

Good luck! If it turns out great then I'm following right behind you!

Good luck to both of you!

-b.

Can't remember who said it way back (derex maybe) but the panel lines on this thing are so shallow!

I have a feeling this could get very annoying.

I've done the dark dirt coat. I'll start washing off the excess later. Pictures will follow.