Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I meant ripped off by the YF-19 - I don't feel that way with the VF-0D yet... at least we got intake markings on this - but I guess its too much to ask for them to be properly aligned. BTW, mine is from NY too - so its not isolated to HLJ ones, it might be the entire batch. Have we got any confirmation of anyone with properly aligned intake markings?

I meant ripped off by the YF-19 - I don't feel that way with the VF-0D yet... at least we got intake markings on this - but I guess its too much to ask for them to be properly aligned. BTW, mine is from NY too - so its not isolated to HLJ ones, it might be the entire batch. Have we got any confirmation of anyone with properly aligned intake markings?

Mommar said his are aligned.

Mine from HLJ is misaligned as well, but it's not by much as others have mentioned. Having done tampo printing in a former life, I'm just happy that the registration is correct. Got a 30th Anniversary with the decal sheet where the white was completely off so had to resort to the stickers instead. All told I'm pretty happy with the 0D and just chalk up the tampo to exhibiting shibui. Although I guess simplicity goes out the window once transformation starts... ;)

Thanks for the input, everyone!

Mommar said his are aligned.

ChaoticYeti also reported having good markings, along with posting some good photos.

And I'll repeat that this is a very, very minor thing on my copy too. My 0D is excellent in every other aspect.

Ordered my 0D from AmiAmi, It has some problems. The biggest of which is a bent landing gear and some painting errors along with misaligned intake labels. I just pulled out the landing gear for the first time and it looked like that. I didn't even transform it yet.

R18bUmd.jpgZ88Zpq8.jpg

I emailed AmiAmi hoping for an exchange, but they are refusing. I replied back with wanting a refund instead. Looks like I'm going to have to file a claim with PayPal.

I'll try not to order anything from AmiAmi from now on.

Edited by MegaX

You mean the entire swingbar fell off the backplate, or that the hips detached like we've seen?

I think I actually remember this happening to someone before, and it turned out to be really simple; the pin holding the swing bar in was just loose,, and slipped out, letting the bar slip through the back.

Ordered my 0D from AmiAmi, It has some problems. The biggest of which is a bent landing gear and some painting errors along with misaligned intake labels. I just pulled out the landing gear for the first time and it looked like that. I didn't even transform it yet.

R18bUmd.jpgZ88Zpq8.jpg

I emailed AmiAmi hoping for an exchange, but they are refusing. I replied back with wanting a refund instead. Looks like I'm going to have to file a claim with PayPal.

I'll try not to order anything from AmiAmi from now on.

That sucks, but that's the chances you'll have to take if you buy anything overseas. AmiAmi wont do anything for minor issues like small painting errors or misaligned intake labels. But the bent landing gear is something you can negotiation with them, but even then they will probably only give you back at most 5% or something. lol. Is the Bent landing gear fixable?

In Amiami's view, you brought a brand new vf-0d from them and they shipped you a brand new vf--0d, it's not their fault that your vf-0d has bent landing gears. transaction completed. that's pretty much how they work. don't expect after transaction customer service.

Also because the Vf-0d is no longer in stock the exchange option is not gonna happen, and for the refund, they might ask you to pay for the return shipping and they will refund you the item price only.

Filing a claim with paypal will get their attention, but they might also ban you from ever order from them again, yeah they do that sometimes.

You mean the entire swingbar fell off the backplate, or that the hips detached like we've seen?

I think I actually remember this happening to someone before, and it turned out to be really simple; the pin holding the swing bar in was just loose,, and slipped out,http://twitter.com/KicksDeals/status/603042725445926912/photo/1 letting the bar slip through the back.

Yes...the pin slipped out.

But there's also some rubbing along with mold. UGH. Dismantling now to reinsert the pin...there's also some stress around the screw hole.

Edited by UN Spacy

That sucks, but that's the chances you'll have to take if you buy anything overseas. AmiAmi wont do anything for minor issues like small painting errors or misaligned intake labels. But the bent landing gear is something you can negotiation with them, but even then they will probably only give you back at most 5% or something. lol. Is the Bent landing gear fixable?

In Amiami's view, you brought a brand new vf-0d from them and they shipped you a brand new vf--0d, it's not their fault that your vf-0d has bent landing gears. transaction completed. that's pretty much how they work. don't expect after transaction customer service.

Also because the Vf-0d is no longer in stock the exchange option is not gonna happen, and for the refund, they might ask you to pay for the return shipping and they will refund you the item price only.

Filing a claim with paypal will get their attention, but they might also ban you from ever order from them again, yeah they do that sometimes.

The 0D is in stock on AmiAmi's site. Even though the defects are not completely their fault, they should at least consider an exchange. What reputable place have you ever bought a defective item from and not been able to return/exchange it? lol

They are offering me a refund, but like you said they are offering only to refund the base price excluding shipping charges. AmiAmi has no customer service. Period. More like customer disservice.

^They're actually offering you more than they've done in the past. Their standard response used to be that they could do nothing for international buyers on certain products not licensed outside of Japan, and Macross merchandise are the poster children for this category -- they even included a disclaimer card in the box to let you know upfront that you're SOL if something was defective/broken. That's not to defend AmiAmi; they should stand behind everything they sell 100%, as a matter of best business practice; however, to the best of my knowledge, HLJ is the only online retailer that refunds the total cost and offers to cover return shipping.

^They're actually offering you more than they've done in the past. Their standard response used to be that they could do nothing for international buyers on certain products not licensed outside of Japan, and Macross merchandise are the poster children for this category -- they even included a disclaimer card in the box to let you know upfront that you're SOL if something was defective/broken. That's not to defend AmiAmi; they should stand behind everything they sell 100%, as a matter of best business practice; however, to the best of my knowledge, HLJ is the only online retailer that refunds the total cost and offers to cover return shipping.

I've ordered internationally unlicensed products form japan before and this one Japanese store actually sent me a whole brand new item without any extra charge and let me keep the original defective item. I guess it all depends on the person selling the goods.

AmiAmi are offering to pay for return shipping, but not refunding me the full price that I paid including the original shipping costs. Strange.

If they're willing to pay for return shipping, why can't they cover the original shipping?

Maybe because they think that shipping the item to you is a service you payed for and that is fulfilled (you received the item). So why refund you for something that that didn't went wrong. ^_^

So they're still going to refund you the base total of the figure without the initial shipping, right? Count yourself lucky. If I remember correctly, some of the members here were just offered certain amount only on Arcadia's YF-19 that shipped with broken or damaged wings.

Yep, that is why I stopped buying from Amiami. Once I got that yellow slip in the box (Yamato VF-19 F's) a few years back, I made sure not to order from them ever again. HLJ has helped out a couple of times in the past with replacement parts and such for Yamato valks. A couple of guys here had YF-19's with broken wings in the box from Amiami.. I think they offered them like $10 back.

I've ordered internationally unlicensed products form japan before and this one Japanese store actually sent me a whole brand new item without any extra charge and let me keep the original defective item. I guess it all depends on the person selling the goods.

AmiAmi are offering to pay for return shipping, but not refunding me the full price that I paid including the original shipping costs. Strange.

If they're willing to pay for return shipping, why can't they cover the original shipping?

You're getting a way better deal then they offered me for my broken YF-19. They would only give me $15 store credit. I had to push on them for weeks to get a return. In the end they finally gave me all my money back but I can't order from them anymore. Not that I'd ever want to after how they treated me.

They're offering to pay for return shipping and the item price, but still holding out on the original amount I paid for shipping.

Should I take it or keep pushing for a complete refund?

I don't care if I get banned from their site, it's a bad business practice anyways. Good riddance.

They're offering to pay for return shipping and the item price, but still holding out on the original amount I paid for shipping.

Should I take it or keep pushing for a complete refund?

I don't care if I get banned from their site, it's a bad business practice anyways. Good riddance.

They're offering all of that of their own volition and not threatening to ban you from the store? Take it, it's what I fought them tooth and nail for weeks for and I can't shop there anymore.

They're offering all of that of their own volition and not threatening to ban you from the store? Take it, it's what I fought them tooth and nail for weeks for and I can't shop there anymore.

I took it. They said they would ban me if I'd push for a complete refund. I feel like the store can't really be Japanese run.

I feel like Japanese business practices are supposed to be better than this?

I took it. They said they would ban me if I'd push for a complete refund. I feel like the store can't really be Japanese run.

I feel like Japanese business practices are supposed to be better than this?

Nah, you can find somebody crooked anywhere. Though I have heard Amiami is run by some French people.