Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

What not to do guys. Newbie to VF-0. I was too lazy to push in the feet in fighter mode as it was already hard to pull them out during transformation. Apparently, pushing the feet in provide a slot for the absorbers of the rear wheels to go into. Also to remember to turn around the head before pulling it out for battroid transformation. Bent the antenna as well. :(

18094_10152848357042861_561030464145241810371366_10152848357047861_7505010315168

Yes spanner. Hopefully it will straighten over time.

Marvel legends collectors use a hair dryer to straighten out warped (single/double jointed) limbs.

It doesn't effect paint or plastic....you can gently manipulate it after the hair dryer Or wait for it to cool down and set (it may start to correct itself without you touching it) ...give that a go.

I have a possibly silly question about the way landing gear doors are done on this, and several other valks...

So, the doors didn't used to sit on extending hinges, and they actually swung out on curved hooks that dropped them out and away from the gear bays. The old VF-0 had these, as well as the original YF-19, the v.2 VF-1, and probably a few others.

Does it bug anyone else that the old way is actually more how real aircraft gear doors work? :p I would imagine the dropping hinges are easier to fit inside a valk, so it does make sense, but it still looks kind of odd to me. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

That's true, but in the 1:1 scale, the mechanism is very much smaller.

With the 1:60 VF-1s, the back landing gears mechanisms use a big portion of the internal space and could eventually be redo with these smaller mechanisms to be perfected.

I much prefer these mechanisms if they could enhance the design and articulation, not if they are used only for simpler implementation of course!

Ok. So I did found time on transforming this since I got it weeks ago. And I gotta say that it is super tight. Didn't bother on opening the landing gears and doors. I just transform it away. Got scared also on areas where I was pulling it too much and thought that I might break something. But good thing I didn't. Fins are sharp and it's good that it didn't cut or bleed my fingers. Also, I did get some paint scratching on the locking tabs which is not a biggie since there's nothing we can do there. Hehehe. :lol: I also noticed that my Engine Air Intake warning tampo prints is not align as well. But overall, a great figure. Can't wait for its VF-0S counterpart. Hoping for a Reactive Armor as well. :rolleyes:

Guest davidwhangchoi

So I'm going to guess I'm the only one who had their leg fly off the first time they pulled the intakes away from the nosecone.

it looks like it happened to someone else

CCNUfV9UMAE6yDw.jpg

Mr. K is told him to contact customer service. ok, my hip bars are never being extended if i ever take my valks out of the box

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Mr. K is told him to contact customer service. ok, my hip bars are never being extended if i ever take my valks out of the box

:blink: Yikes - Agreed! I haven't had a need to extend the hip bars and now I never plan to.

Good thing I didn't pull my intakes to get more posability. I just transformed the valk to battroid and back.

But how come they still use a half metal, half plastic to the swing bar joint if their intent is to pull or yank them when in Battroid mode? So basically, this round half metal, half plastic joint is identical to Bandai's DX Valks, knowing the joints they have in Yamato/Arcadia VF-1's are all metal clipped inside the plastic rectangular thingy that you insert it inside the intake. Weird. :wacko:

CCNUfV9UMAE6yDw.jpg

While the use of the half metal/half plastic ball is odd that's only two cases we've heard of. Not quite an epidemic yet. That being said, I've never pulled mine out.

:blink: Yikes - Agreed! I haven't had a need to extend the hip bars and now I never plan to.

Nasty stuff! :o The fact that this is happening so soon after release makes wonder if Arcadia actually did any long term durability testing on these things! :rolleyes:

Definitely myself included plan on never extending the hips! It is disappointing seeing that the function is there so you should be able to use it with reasonable confidence that the thing won't crumble in your hands especially considering the price we have to pay for these things now days.. <_<

Someone commented on my video they had the same issue so we're up to three assuming no shenanigans. Still not an epidemic. It's nothing like the bent tail spikes on the original 0S.

Jenius, how did you fix the problem with yours?

I hope they make a revision on the 0A/0S releases. Half plastic half diecast is silly. I have yet to transform either of the 0D's I have, but this is putting the fear of god in me to even attempt playing with the extending joint feature.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my ongoing conversation with N-Y about my broken speed brake............

Not going well so far

so its pretty much a case of.. NY to customer.. tough luck.

I have always had no issues with NY up till my very most recent transaction with them.. nothing serious and it got sorted out but still surprising.

Nasty stuff! :o The fact that this is happening so soon after release makes wonder if Arcadia actually did any long term durability testing on these things! :rolleyes:

Definitely myself included plan on never extending the hips! It is disappointing seeing that the function is there so you should be able to use it with reasonable confidence that the thing won't crumble in your hands especially considering the price we have to pay for these things now days.. <_<

Jenius, how did you fix the problem with yours?

Sorry, I missed the question before. There's very little if any glue involved in the leg's construction so it wasn't terribly difficult to disassemble to a point where I could get to the area needed. Unfortunately the seam is a little wider on that leg now as I wasn't able to quite get it back to factory levels... but I'm sure I just notice it more since I had to put it together.

Arcadia-VF-0D-16.jpg

Yeah, it's not terrible, especially since I intend to keep it, but it does flex during transformation (the seam gets wider when between the ratchets on the GERWALK joint and then tightens back up when I'm done man-handling it). Definitely a bummer experience for such an expensive piece, I hope the 0A and 0S treat me better.

An update on my ongoing conversation with N-Y about my broken speed brake............

Not going well so far

Ya, that's the exact response I got from them when my VF 171 CF was missing a piece. I just took the loss and never ordered from them again.

That sucks, it's a nicer eff you than AmiAmi gave me for the YF-19, but it still sucks. What's the issue again?

Speedbrake snapped off. Pictures of it a few back.

I'll be happy enough if they give me a discount on my next order as a goodwill gesture.

They are always a last resort for me though.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my pair from HLJ dropped off, and looks really nice overall, but have to admit I'm not all that impressed with some of the "upgrades" from the first version. I might skip the other re-releases after all.

Main gripes for me:

-Tail mechanism is pretty sloppy, fortunately that's only on the D-model.

-I know people like flush landing gear doors, but these are a pain in the backside. They really need a gap to lift them like the VF-19 series has.

-The feet really do not like to extend.

-I think they've actually started making the pilots too small for the cockpits.

On the plus side, it's nice to finally have one of these in my hands, so no regrets. :lol: I do like how everything locks together better without having to touch up the pegs with a coat of glue.

I am a little sad they left the HUD out of the cockpit though. That was a nice detail in the originals (even if it did break off on one of mine).

Edited by Chronocidal

Ditto on finally getting mine from HLJ... waited until the PW time limit was almost up before requesting shipping in order to ship another item along for the ride. I must also share in the overall impression of being utterly underwhelmed by the toy; nothing aligns 100% in the rear section of fighter mode... everything is slightly off: pushing on one section to align it causes something else to pop out of place, and the monstrously blocky fighter mode stand adapter is so tight that it causes the intake/thigh sections to dislocate from the fuselage -- rendering this adapter useless. Engineering wise, there are no neutral location detents on the canards or the very loose stabilizers... they stay in place when moved, but there is no tactile feedback to indicate their proper home position. Cosmetically, the off white, which should've been light gray, is too light, and the navy blue is entirely too dark, and I too have the misaligned danger-intake warnings. This toy is certainly overpriced in my opinion.

As far as the leg doors, I found that pushing down on the larger of the two allows access to get a fingernail under the smaller section to pry it open. The only problem I have with mine is that the right leg's forward door slide is too loose which causes the door to drop off the toy when opened... I'll need to dab a bit of nail polish in the slide socket to remedy this.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Finally got my pair from HLJ dropped off, and looks really nice overall, but have to admit I'm not all that impressed with some of the "upgrades" from the first version. I might skip the other re-releases after all.

Main gripes for me:

-Tail mechanism is pretty sloppy, fortunately that's only on the D-model.

-I know people like flush landing gear doors, but these are a pain in the backside. They really need a gap to lift them like the VF-19 series has.

-The feet really do not like to extend.

-I think they've actually started making the pilots too small for the cockpits.

On the plus side, it's nice to finally have one of these in my hands, so no regrets. :lol: I do like how everything locks together better without having to touch up the pegs with a coat of glue.

I am a little sad they left the HUD out of the cockpit though. That was a nice detail in the originals (even if it did break off on one of mine).

Ditto on finally getting mine from HLJ... waited until the PW time limit was almost up before requesting shipping in order to ship another item along for the ride. I must also share in the overall impression of being utterly underwhelmed by the toy; nothing aligns 100% in the rear section of fighter mode... everything is slightly off: pushing on one section to align it causes something else to pop out of place, and the monstrously blocky fighter mode stand adapter is so tight that it causes the intake/thigh sections to dislocate from the fuselage -- rendering this adapter useless. Engineering wise, there are no neutral location detents on the canards or the very loose stabilizers... they stay in place when moved, but there is no tactile feedback to indicate their proper home position. Cosmetically, the off white, which should've been light gray, is too light, and the navy blue is entirely too dark, and I too have the misaligned danger-intake warnings. This toy is certainly overpriced in my opinion.

As far as the leg doors, I found that pushing down on the larger of the two allows access to get a fingernail under the smaller section to pry it open. The only problem I have with mine is that the right leg's forward door slide is too loose which causes the door to drop off the toy when opened... I'll need to dab a bit of nail polish in the slide socket to remedy this.

thanks for the review guys, it's a bit late but i wished you guys would've reviewed it at launch while the internet warriors whined at any negative comments about the 0D.

the only fair review aligned with your comments was macross junkie's.

and the monstrously blocky fighter mode stand adapter is so tight that it causes the intake/thigh sections to dislocate from the fuselage -- rendering this adapter useless.

I do offer an alternative fighter mode adapter that is compatible with all stands that the one it came with is.

D7wS4hS.jpg

http://www.yetistand.com/product/arcadia-1-60-vf-0d-fighter-adapter

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I'm still curious why they ditched the original VF-0 fighter adapter. It was a bit bulky, but no where near the monstrosity they included with the 0D.. and it was probably the most well-balanced mounting point I've ever seen on any Yamato/Arcadia valk.

Pretty much every single other adapter has been mounted so far ahead of the balance point as to both be really unstable, and look pretty awkward.

I assume they put a big one in so no one can blame their adaptors if a $350 toys falls and breaks

But they went too far. You might as well tighten a vise grip on the legs. It is ridiculously tight and bulky.