Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

The VF-0D nose section is just slightly narrower than the old zeros. Guess I'll just wait for the new A/S too come out then. I don't think the VF-0A proportions are wrong as it's more of the 0D being a renewal/revised version. Also, I thought the series was CAD designed so no anime magic or am I wrong?

Edited by wmkjr

Also, I thought the series was CAD designed so no anime magic or am I wrong?

Yup, most of the vehicles were 3D CG rendered... But that doesn't necessarily mean they don't still take certain liberties in the modeling and animation. So way way less anime magic than hand drawn of course, but potential possibility of some futzing there still.

That said, don't the toys vary from their said scale depending on the valk? (For example, actually 1/55 but is simply rounded to 1/60.)

That was all I meant. Hopefully they can get you a replacement.

Thanks!

the shop's owner says that Arcadia should send me a replacement piece.

i hope with detailed instruction to raplace it, i could destroy the model by my hands! :D

i'll post photos in better resolution as soon as i can, but i have no camera, i use my mobile phone :(

The VF-0D nose section is just slightly narrower than the old zeros. Guess I'll just wait for the new A/S too come out then. I don't think the VF-0A proportions are wrong as it's more of the 0D being a renewal/revised version. Also, I thought the series was CAD designed so no anime magic or am I wrong?

The series had the benefit of using 3D models, yes, but the proportions for the Yamato toy were still off. It was already quite apparent given how much wider the Yamato VF-0's looked in battroid mode compared to the show. The 0D and the upcoming Arcadia 0A and S have proportions much closer to the show.

Way more blue than I thought it would be, and I do not like how dark it is. There are parts falling off already, I cant have the landing gear door on the left leg open with out it falling off. It just slides out. The pilots just bounce around in the cockpit. It is nice that the 0A/0S weapons fit.

There is either some anime magic with this valk or the proportions of the 0A/0S are wrong. Actually I think the Yamato pilots are too big to begin with. A two seat cockpit should take up more length than a single pilot cockpit.

I have not transformed it yet so no pictures of battroid yet. I was a little disappointed in it and just put it in the display cabinet for now. I don't hate it, it may need to grow on me.

For the pilots bouncing around, just stick a little putty under the pilots and that fixes it.

The Yamato pilots were definitely too big for the most part. One thing about the Yamato made pilots is that the proportions for the pilots were vastly inconsistent, even between two releases of the same pilot (YF-19 Isamu vs VF-11B Isamu), which Arcadia seems to be doing far better on. Arcadia's Isamu, Shin and Edgar are proportioned much more consistently with each other at the very least.

Wait wait---no "305" modex numbers at all? Arcadia really seems to have forgotten some of the "basics" that are expected of a valk.

It comes with plenty of 305 modex numbers. Just not in white. Black and low vis Grey only.

Received mine on Friday, and I really love this bird! I have yet to transform it as this is the most pointy, small surface/fin covered valk yet, and I think I need to handle it a bit more in fighter to wrap my mind around how to handle it during transformation. That said here are my initial thoughts, echoed by others in this forum.

• This is a heavy toy, it feels heavier than the latest YF-19 which is actually the larger plane mode.
  • As stated above the 0D is pointy, I am worried about breaking or blunting surfaces during transformation.
  • The design of the fighter is really eye catching in toy form in person. The vf-4 still is my favorite design, but this is a respectable second.
  • Having it in hand it's amazing that none of the pictures posted capture what the shade of blue really is.

I really like this figure, they did a great job. I do hope that the vf-0s/a come in at a substantially lower cost than this toy as they are much closer to the original vf-1 design and have much less material and overall engineering going into them. I wonder how many other people bought this solely on aesthetics, perhaps that would show the viability of a vf-2ss being successful? (will always hold out hope!)

Edited by auberondreaming

Guest davidwhangchoi

mines coming in the mail hopefully by the end of the week. my contact asked if i wanted him to ship it directly in the arcadia box as it was shipped to him by arcadia...

i told him yeah, chancing that the box is thick enough :unsure: to make it undamaged.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It comes with plenty of 305 modex numbers. Just not in white. Black and low vis Grey only.

So it's like they're intentionally trying to not match the anime at this point...

I always considered the M&M -1J's having their modexes printed on their ventral fins as one of the very best things about the v2 over the 1/48. Now Arcadia doesn't even provide a STICKER for the ventral fins, much less print them on.

mines coming in the mail hopefully by the end of the week. my contact asked if i wanted him to ship it directly in the arcadia box as it was shipped to him by arcadia...

i told him yeah, chancing that the box is thick enough :unsure: to make it undamaged.

bad call IMHO. My Arcadia box was crunched in on one side and that was inside of the HLJ box with bagged air....hope your's is ok.

Guest davidwhangchoi

bad call IMHO. My Arcadia box was crunched in on one side and that was inside of the HLJ box with bagged air....hope your's is ok.

:wacko::wacko::unsure:

i had an arcadia yf-19 box shipped directly by biginjapan that arrived safely, crosses fingers.

bored at work and found this pic online..coulda, woulda, shoulda been this color Arcadia!!! (then I could have panel lined it!) :D

Agreed. I just might have to put this one on the pre-owned variable fighter lot...

it's gone at hlj...

Amiami keeps getting more stock in after they sold out. Won't be surprised if HLJ gets more stock in as well later on. Still available at both Amiami and Hobby Search, and one left at CDJapan, but Hobby Search is at full retail.

Ya know?

Arcadia didn't include a helmet-less Shin pilot figure.

I just remembered Shin was actually helmet-less during the 0D duel with Nora...

http://youtu.be/pCdkVO8Z_T0?t=4m7s

:p

All joking aside, that would have been a cool addition.

Here's my short wish list of items that would have made this excellent release superb:

• That shin pilot w/out a helmet
  • A complete sticker sheet with white numbers
  • A water slide decal sheet (I'm a fan of these too)
  • One or two additional armaments (I don't have either of Yamato's VF-0 releases)

It's a short list and I'm happy with what I have. I hope Arcadia starts adding goodies back in at some point.

All joking aside, that would have been a cool addition.

Here's my short wish list of items that would have made this excellent release superb:

• That shin pilot w/out a helmet
  • A complete sticker sheet with white numbers
  • A water slide decal sheet (I'm a fan of these too)
  • One or two additional armaments (I don't have either of Yamato's VF-0 releases)

It's a short list and I'm happy with what I have. I hope Arcadia starts adding goodies back in at some point.

Other than the decal sheet i would agree with all these :) I was a bit surprised there was less detail in the pilots too, but i guess the 19's a much more popular plane.