Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Im finished Panel Lining, and am Nearly done with stickers. I'm disappointed by how many sticker options aren't there, which is why I have had to do some scrounging through older sheets. no Nosecone numbers in the right size or colour is my main annoyance. i think i have scrounged those together though. But no ship names is also a bummer. I wanted to put USS ASUKA or ASUKA on the plane, but I must have used all mine up :( Hence my request for stickers if anyone has em.

I love the big AMRAAM loadout, but cant help thinking the pylons need to be further forward to look right. As they are, the control surfaces would probably slap the missiles around. I might need to brainstorm some custom pylons.

Looking beautiful all around, I'm having a tough time not buying two, but I really dont have the space for duplicates of valks anymore... the boxes are threatening to explode out of my closet. :ph34r:

Or I could sell off some of the other duplicates I have, and dont need.. hmmmm. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Wait wait---no "305" modex numbers at all? Arcadia really seems to have forgotten some of the "basics" that are expected of a valk.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking too... :(

You know, I can understand leaving off some markings on CF versions, and allowing people to choose their own.

But this is Shin's, not a CF. The pilots are clearly Shin and Edgar, and it's the only blue VF-0D ever seen. It's not generic, it's one specific valk. It's number 305, and it's part of the UN *Spacy* fleet. Those markings should be tampo'd on. (and it's even worse to not even include modex numbers AT ALL, not even as stickers)

I am so glad that Arcadia is making a new VF-0A & 0S toy. I took my Yamato 0A out its box to take some comparison pics with my new 0D and the Arm snapped/crumbled. For the time being I may have to get a Shapeways replacement made up.

You know, I can understand leaving off some markings on CF versions, and allowing people to choose their own.

But this is Shin's, not a CF. The pilots are clearly Shin and Edgar, and it's the only blue VF-0D ever seen. It's not generic, it's one specific valk. It's number 305, and it's part of the UN *Spacy* fleet. Those markings should be tampo'd on. (and it's even worse to not even include modex numbers AT ALL, not even as stickers)

Yeah t bugged me a fair bit. The rest of the sheet is fine, has most what you need (Though i grabbed some white stickers for the blue areas) but not including the 305 stickers is pretty lame.

for those of you with only one. what mode are you keeping it in. from the pics. i'm torn between figher and gerwalk. i normally don't like gerwalk. but that stance looks so aggressive.

Love Fighter mode but Gerwalk is where its at with the Phoenix!!

You know, I can understand leaving off some markings on CF versions, and allowing people to choose their own.But this is Shin's, not a CF. The pilots are clearly Shin and Edgar, and it's the only blue VF-0D ever seen. It's not generic, it's one specific valk. It's number 305, and it's part of the UN *Spacy* fleet. Those markings should be tampo'd on. (and it's even worse to not even include modex numbers AT ALL, not even as stickers)

Maybe it's on the decal sheet... :p

I wish they did more tampo. They started off so well with the first v.2 VF-1's.

Its funny, I go back and forth on tampo. i like it when it's there, but I also get a lot of pleasure from stickering the mechs myself.

That said having to scrounge stickers together is annoying.

so how you going with it anyways? any progress pics yet? itching to see it!

...OK, i just finished. I'll try and grab some pics soon.

At the risk of beginning the panic or whatnot, the gun arm on my 0D was very very loose the last day or so. I tightened it again with a screwdriver to the inner screw, but I'm more nervous about that swivel joint than i was before. SOmething to keep an eye on.

At the risk of beginning the panic or whatnot, the gun arm on my 0D was very very loose the last day or so. I tightened it again with a screwdriver to the inner screw, but I'm more nervous about that swivel joint than i was before. SOmething to keep an eye on.

thanks for the heads up on the arm issue! Will keep an eye on it. I don't think I'll be messing about with mine all that much then..

well....talking about loose....mine is not very tight , the rotation point in the right knee joint was very loose just like the hip joint.

Nice saturday morning surprise when it landed. Got it whipped and lined up with the rest of the Arcadia lineup. Brutally tight joints so far. Actually reposed the yf-19 in gerwalk and became a bit disheartened by the fact its shoulder joints are so loose it just flops. Great weight to the VF-0D love the look of it in fighter but gerwalk won out for its display mode.

post-3125-0-31499600-1425742731_thumb.jpg

Fighter mode - anyone managed to get all the tabs around the lower leg to line up and latch? There are wing-to-leg, leg-to-backpack, leg-to-arms, and body-to-leg tabs. In my unit I found it impossible to fit all the tabs, and best to leave the backpack out of the tab puzzle if I want to keep the gun straight.

I transformed my old VF-0S while I'm waiting for my 0D and experienced the same trouble with the old one. I guess Arcadia kept most of the previous the tabs system on the new one.

The problem I had was due to the shoulders being not properly rotated. Try pushing the shoulders in until they both align behind the head turret, this might allow you to properly tab in the arms to the legs and also make the rest of the tabs line up

Edited by Frogze

Slightly separate note, but having the VF-0D prompted me to rewatch the series and wow had I forgotten what a total piece of crap the ending of that series was. It brought back all the feelings of WTF that I had managed to suppress over the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the toy is cool! ;)

I started playing with mine last night... even with all the pictures I was still surprised by the color. Talk about a swing and a miss! No scraped paint out of the box though and it definitely has the build quality we've come to expect since the V2 VF-1.

On MacZero, I think I'll rewatch it soon (since it's a quick watch) but yeah, I remember it being sort of a hot mess. It really feels like they planned on it being at least another episode or so longer.

Edited by jenius

Slightly separate note, but having the VF-0D prompted me to rewatch the series and wow had I forgotten what a total piece of crap the ending of that series was. It brought back all the feelings of WTF that I had managed to suppress over the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the toy is cool! ;)

I always liked the series, including the ending.