Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Mine just shipped from NY.

All these pics making me want even more!

In the back of my mind, I intend to panel line and weather this (including the salt bath!) but ......

Mine just shipped from NY.

All these pics making me want even more!

In the back of my mind, I intend to panel line and weather this (including the salt bath!) but ......

Weathering and salt bath might dull off the color to a much closer shade!? Yeah I'm just talking outta my ass! ;)

Edited by spanner76

Weathering and salt bath might dull off the color to a much closer shade!? Yeah I'm just talking outta my ass! ;)

It's not so much for the colour Spanner, I just want it to look used like in "that picture"!

post-17939-0-96057100-1425468088_thumb.jpg

Feeling a little pissed off for a few reasons. There's no stand and the stand adapter for fighter mode is really huge and ugly, for the ridiculous price they charged there is very little swag at all. Compared to the YF-19 this release is kind of insulting especially considering they can probably re-use some of the 0D molds for the VF-0A and VF-0S. It doesn't make any sense. This should have been so much cheaper than the 19.

I got mine last night and i just opened it..

First impression...this toy is really ugly.Looks likea big piece of... blue. Panel lines are too shallow. Probably things will get better with stickers but as it is now it really looks awful. Probably one of the worst valkyrie i have in my collection. Huge disapointment considering Macross Zero is one of my favourite series. I will try to post other thoughts later on but so far i am not happy with what i have.

Feeling a little pissed off for a few reasons. There's no stand and the stand adapter for fighter mode is really huge and ugly, for the ridiculous price they charged there is very little swag at all. Compared to the YF-19 this release is kind of insulting especially considering they can probably re-use some of the 0D molds for the VF-0A and VF-0S. It doesn't make any sense. This should have been so much cheaper than the 19.

Just because you think it should have been cheaper doesn't mean it ever actually should have been cheaper.

Mine is still scheduled for delivery today, last scan was last night "10:44 pm International shipment release - Import OAKLAND, CA" im hoping it gets to me today because we are supposed to have a snow storm tomorrow :unsure:

Edited by anubis20

How do you figure? They get more use out of the tooling and they give you less stuff. What possible reason could there be for the high price? Paint?

For one, very large flat surfaces cost a whole lot more to manufacture than a bunch of smaller pieces. And if you haven't noticed the 0D is pretty much all one giant flat surface.

hello macross fans! long time reader, first post for me...

agree with Desty_Nova on the stand adapters, but what doesnt make sense for me on the toy is the lack of tampo!

if you look at the comparison pictures between proto and real toy: i dont understand why they didnt print the UN SPACY on the legs,

I remenber when the 1/60 ve-1 (2nd version) was out, it was full of tampo, and I thought it will be new standard for yamato/Arcadia

but following valkyries didnt get as many tampo... I mean for the price it has to be near perfect! and also as master wm cheng spots on every

valk release ;) : why dont they include decals!?

hello macross fans! long time reader, first post for me...

agree with Desty_Nova on the stand adapters, but what doesnt make sense for me on the toy is the lack of tampo!

if you look at the comparison pictures between proto and real toy: i dont understand why they didnt print the UN SPACY on the legs,

I remenber when the 1/60 ve-1 (2nd version) was out, it was full of tampo, and I thought it will be new standard for yamato/Arcadia

but following valkyries didnt get as many tampo... I mean for the price it has to be near perfect! and also as master wm cheng spots on every

valk release ;) : why dont they include decals!?

Aww damnit. I didn't even notice that. They've been tampoing the un spacy on the legs forever And they didn't even bother to do it for this overpriced release? That's just lazy as hell.

Going in to this release what I was really hoping for was another YF-19 style toy. With that release I felt like they were going over the top with gratuitous extras that we didn't really need. Diecast in the shield (why?) The high speed mode that nobody really wanted (I'll take that arm weapon instead thanks) Extra pilot figure (that couldn't have been cheap) and 600 missiles.

This release leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. They've done the bare minimum on this one.

Edited by Desty_Nova

So brief impressions from playing with the D...massively impressed out of the box. I won't have time during the week to transform so I'll have more detailed thoughts on that over the weekend.

The weight feels just right. It's heavy enough because of the diecast but not overly heavy. Everything feels nice and tight. I'll move the ankles more later but they seem tight for now. I'll take a closer look on Saturday. The giant fighter mode adapter stays in the box but whatever...it's small potatoes so most of you shouldn't care. Yeti might be working on a better one anyway.

I hate to even bring up the color thing again but the color is beautiful and very NOT Max and NOT bright blue. It's a darker blue but has a grey to it. I'm not good at describing color but it's very different in hand and not something that has been captured very well from all the pics we've gotten because everyone has different cameras and settings.

The gunpod has a nice diecast bar in it too :)

The box art is nice. It's just a pic of the toy in fighter mode but it fooled me at a distance.

Edited by xrentonx

What happened to the UN SPACY tampo on the legs? Painted prototype had it.

I could be wrong (fuzzy memory), but the original painted prototype of the VF-0D didn't have a lot of tampo printing on it. And I think there was a note that the tampo was getting reduced again at some point. The first painted prototype did have a complete set of stickers applied to it, though.

Not a deal breaker for me, but it will be nice to see some of this detailing return if Arcadia has an opportunity to reconsider it in the future.

Edited by technoblue

As far as I can tell except for the UN Spacy Kites and red triangles around the intakes everything else on all of the prototypes have been stickers. I know some people are disappointed but if you look at the sticker sheet it appears they're giving people the option to put UN Spacy, UN Marines, UN Navy, etc... on the plane instead. Which would be cool if it weren't for the fact they tampo'd UN Spacy on the Gunpod already.

Well, good news. Looks like the D is out for delivery right now. So at least it's getting here the original day they claimed it would. But with a 52 hour hang up in Japan that would have originally been Monday, no doubt.

Edited by Mommar

As far as I can tell except for the UN Spacy Kites and red triangles around the intakes everything else on all of the prototypes have been stickers. I know some people are disappointed but if you look at the sticker sheet it appears they're giving people the option to put UN Spacy, UN Marines, UN Navy, etc... on the plane instead. Which would be cool if it weren't for the fact they tampo'd UN Spacy on the Gunpod already.

Well, good news. Looks like the D is out for delivery right now. So at least it's getting here the original day they claimed it would. But with a 52 hour hang up in Japan that would have originally been Monday, no doubt.

Congrats, Mommar.

Your note about the kites jives with what I remember from the early days of this thread.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I hate to even bring up the color thing again but the color is beautiful and very NOT Max and NOT bright blue.

can you take a comparison shot with max?

I got mine. Been comparing it to the 0s. It's worth noting that it seems like 1 scale smaller/slimmer than the 0d and looks more in scale with the vf-1. It's most noticeable with the nose and chest area if you compare them side by side.

edit:

it has already demanded a blood sacrifice.

Edited by Negotiator

Guest davidwhangchoi

OT:

it is the regular release that I won at YJA,

ok, thanks, looking for the plus verision. thanks chyll2 :)

Wife just picked mine up from PO. The long wait until 1500 begins.....

nice!!! going to wait for yours:)

my contact is selling me one for 29000yen+ ems (4100yen) coming out to about 280usd. have my finger on the trigger...