Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Well... it´s kind of sad to read so many complaints and even to feel the Nostalgia for the old Yamato Days..all caused by a wrong color decision.. I think the "look" of a toy is basic for us as collectors it makes us feel that "sense of satisfaction" for owning our holy grail..well yeah, Arcadia products are expensive and we adult collectors need to justify the expenditure with something really accurate..In favor of Arcadia I would ponder the engineering effort it is really worth...but it´s hard to choose a party after all.

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

Guest davidwhangchoi

We don't need perfect----but Arcadia isn't even in the ballpark.

lol so true.

trying to stay out of it bc people paying 300 plus $$$ for this. if i waited a year for this and paid for it i sure don't want any negativity ruining it for me.

congrats to everyone who don't care about the color. it's definitely a tough position. on one hand we should be grateful they're doing a 0D on the other hand...

im on the other hand...

I'm pretty glad that he does the tweeting myself even if he does ignore fan suggestion. Color never bothered me. I understand that it bothers others and I'm happy I'm not in that boat. I like seeing that they have sculpts and engineering correct first though. Different priorities...

I am disappointed about the color, definitely darker than I wanted. I am not going to cancel though because like others I am just happy to have one.

And you know what's funny, this is not an old theme here on MW. I bet you could go through a lot of old posts where people say they wont get X because of color shape what ever. Then look through the collection thread and see X in their collection pictures.

Got my payment request from HLJ, will pay on the 1st. After that, I'll probably leave in PW to give me time to decide if there's anything else I'd like to add for combined shipment: 1/4000 SDF-1? 1/48 AT-ST? 1/1000 Gatlantis Nazca Class? Something else I haven't even considered?... decisions, decisions...

Got my payment request from HLJ, will pay on the 1st. After that, I'll probably leave in PW to give me time to decide if there's anything else I'd like to add for combined shipment: 1/4000 SDF-1? 1/48 AT-ST? 1/1000 Gatlantis Nazca Class? Something else I haven't even considered?... decisions, decisions...

I went with the 1:48 AT-ST. Ohh...and I caved and got the 0D..

So like someone already stated.....the VF-0D "Shin" has come and gone.....if a cannon fodder VF-0D was released....would it be close to anime if they used the same grey used for the old 1/48 VF-1A low viz?

low-vis-4.jpg

Somehow, I think Arcadia would intentionally screw the cannon fodder up too...probably go with the VF-1S low viz grey instead....

001-1_1246056213.jpg

Now that I think about it I'd love the darker Focker low viz colors on a Zero. It's something I'd throw money at. Especially an S in that exact scheme. Gotta stop thinkin about it. Starting to drool.

Wow, the shipping for 2 of these was pretty cheap. I paid 2980Yen which came out to $25.62 USD for EMS via paypal.

I am guessing this is via HLJ. You sure you added two to the cart? I just paid for my friends copy as I cancelled mine and the shipping was also 2,980 Yen for just 1 and I believe EMS rates for Australia and USA are the same.

Well...at least the VF-0S/A can be covered up by a potential armor release....that is unless they screw up the armor colors!!! :huh:

We're screwed..... ;)

I say they just gonna reuse the VF-0D colors for the armor. :blink: Or to make peeps upset, the color scheme used in the one prior to the final colors photoshop. :wacko:

Payed for mine!
Happy this is released, the color is way off, I don't mind because if I want to I can do something about it, but I understand everyone who isn't pleased concerns, this is not cheap and Arcadia knew the color was wrong from the beginning, it may be a new toy, but it's a retooling of an old mold they already knew much about, every Arcadia release has been filled with issues that they knew about, were voiced over here and could be easily avoided yet they didn't do much.

At least, I hope this color backlash makes for some of this to be available on the second hand market for a slightly cheaper price. ^_^

Well, here's what the CF VF-0D should look like (and these are as "right" as can be---"perfectly lit" reference shots from the M0 site back when it was airing, with no color issues from scene lighting etc----was always annoyed they never posted Shin's, or we'd have a specific shade that is "correct" to reference from)

gallery_16_647_13072.jpggallery_16_647_25216.jpg

gallery_16_647_17457.jpg

(I also have these for Nora's BTW, and they were sent to Yamato via Graham---and the coloring on Nora's turned out great--they had missed a lot of the black accents the first time, but once they got the pics, the revised version was spot-on)

Sadly--the CF 0D may be about the second-most boring-looking valk around. (most boring being the CF 11C from M7)

PS--if you want proof that the 0D's have light grey bellies, and not white---look at the forearms in battroid and GERWALK mode. White stripe, light grey "outer edge" of forearm.

Hmmn, the Yamato 0A also came with stickers for the Wolfpack----some red stripes and logos like that would certainly enhance the 0D as well. But painted-on markings are 10x better than stickers.

If you're so insistent on the correct color why not bother to learn the Pantone color code and send it to Mr. K instead of posting various images. You are aware that different monitors are calibrated differently and what youre looking at isn't the same exact shade theyre looking at...

As much as I love the VF-0D, one of my favorite top 5 valks ever, I too think the color scheme is way off. I am hesistant to send payment to HLJ even though I received a payment request already. I have another 2 days to decide whether I want this or not. Had the color been bright blue like the photo below, I would not hesitate for a single second to send my payment. Extremely disappointed with Arcadia, even though this was supposed to be my first Arcadia ever.

You screwed up big time Arcadia!!!

i was just talking to EXO the other day and remember both of you liked the original color better...

Screenshot_2014-07-27-12-58-30_zps38f194

going to have to admit both of you were right.

If you're so insistent on the correct color why not bother to learn the Pantone color code and send it to Mr. K instead of posting various images. You are aware that different monitors are calibrated differently and what youre looking at isn't the same exact shade theyre looking at...

You know very well that "exact" isn't the request here. Just "in the friggin' ballpark". Monitors don't vary THAT much. (certainly not among anyone with an eye for color at all---which the "Arcadia factory colorist" hopefully is) And they obviously know what the proper color is, or they wouldn't have posted 30 different angles of this:

tWIUWs.jpg

8E8.jpg

08.jpg

Arcadia knows perfectly well that's what color it's supposed to be, and posted that as their "fixed" colors to go with all the pre-orders after the negative reaction to "max blue". They just didn't get anywhere at all even half-assed close to that. They're either incredibly incompetent, or somehow said "make it navy blue" to the factory.

I am guessing this is via HLJ. You sure you added two to the cart? I just paid for my friends copy as I cancelled mine and the shipping was also 2,980 Yen for just 1 and I believe EMS rates for Australia and USA are the same.

Doh! I just realized it only added one to my shipping list. I had pressed the add all button and rushed through it :(